• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
There's two possibilities:
1) It was meant to be announced in a Direct, but said Direct didn't happen.
2) The Direct is going to happen soon and Game slipped.

Or, I guess
3) Freudian slip/typo

I'm going with #1. It's in past tense, "The latest Nintendo Direct announced...".

Sounds like this was originally scheduled for a Direct that didn't happen, so they announced it on Twitter, but didn't change the text on this website.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
If they we're going to announce the rest of the details about this Lego Mario thing today why make a teaser site is my thinking. Announcing a Nintendo Direct for thursday featuring information on Lego Mario would make more sense for making a teaser website

Plum

May 31, 2018
Sounds like the Direct got cancelled, and they have been releasing news through other channels.
So yeah, Nintendo cancelled their Direct to do twitter announcements instead.

This doesn't really make any sense. That teaser would have been really, really weird to suddenly come out of nowhere in a Direct and Lego themselves always posts these kinds of teasers before announcing a new collab. It's very similar to, for example, this one they did for the Stranger Things set:

As such the idea that this would be a Direct announcement and nothing else seems kind of far-fetched.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Subnautica never made it to Switch and the ship has probably sailed (hin hin hin), but I would very much like to be proven wrong.
And talking about sailing ships, the only thing that I wish from Microsoft would be a Switch version of Sea of Thieves.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Wouldn't the General Direct announcement happen tomorrow anyway? Or would MAR10 Day mess with that?

I'm still gonna err on the side of there's no direct until I see it announced with my own two eyes.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they're making an entire game out of Mario Land 2's Mario Zone, but I'm on board.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I'm going with #1. It's in past tense, "The latest Nintendo Direct announced...".

Sounds like this was originally scheduled for a Direct that didn't happen, so they announced it on Twitter, but didn't change the text on this website.
I think whoever wrote the text wants a Direct as badly as we do and wrote "Direct" instead of tweet.

Good old freudian slip, happens to the best of us.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The actual plot they have laid out for the main quest is very "take it or leave it", but the structure is dope. They also came up with a truckload of guild options.

Their channel is all about lore and RP builds and it shows in their vid.

I have actually made a thread about it summarizing some of it in bullet-points:
www.resetera.com

FudgeMuppet made a 2-hour long ideal TES VI video (supposing it's set in Hammerfell)

FudgeMuppet is a YouTube channel of two (I think) guys dedicated to The Elder Scrolls and Fallout lore and build videos. They've also been brainstorming their own ideas for an "ideal" TES VI, going as far as making a ten-part video series of things and mechanics they'd like to see in it. Lately...
Their guilds sound super dope. Excited to hear their mechanics ideas. Will definitely listen to it later today, thanks.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

31e.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Good news everyone, the Baby Rosalina tour is coming up!

Everyone's favorite Mario Kart character!

Status
Not open for further replies.