• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
giphy.gif

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why is a 2nd Direct unlikely?
We honestly don't know. Next Thursday is the first day of PAX, where Nintendo has the biggest booth on the floor, and we have no idea what'll be playable there (could be all Animal Crossing booths). It doesn't seem reasonable to have a general Direct there when they want all eyes on PAX. They could of course do one on Wednesday. The week after that (or next week) will probably have a Nindies Direct since they usually do one around PAX.
This. We probably won't have a general Direct before March 5th or 12th. We've had one on March 8th in 2018 so early March seems reasonable.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
They still won't be any time, idk why people are saying all patterns are broken like they will just announce a direct at 11:30 est for the next morning or something.

All I'm saying is it's just nice to know there are more chances. There's of course still times that are more likely than others. I'm not saying it's total chaos or anything going forward. Just excited by a more wide array of possibilities.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo be like

nice pattern you got there

sure would be a same if someone were to

break

it

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Go and get yourself hyped for an optimistic post if you want i guess.

It also releases on March 20th. Hmm
It all makes sense now...

Jokes aside, thanks for still passing by even when all this wicked game may be harsh for you personally. And for speaking your truth, in the end.

Cheers!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Everyone who got banned in the last thread watching this thread after the announcement:

pdvuwinxq3a31.gif

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
It all makes sense now...

Jokes aside, thanks for still passing by even when all this wicked game may be harsh for you personally. And for speaking your truth, in the end.

Cheers!

I honestly have been crazy busy the lsst few days. Just figured I'd poke my head in for a bit.

The usual subjects being the dickwads they are is not a surprise, though.

Thanks!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So I see that Zippo just came in and confirmed the Metroid Direct for next week. Cool.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
I'm thinking regardless of whether it's Feb 27th or early March, a General is coming in 3 weeks no matter what. (And maybe a Nindies too?)

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for AC fans
I'm still here waiting for a general direct just to suffer

Unrelated and totally asking for a friend I'm looking for the support group for metroid fans to ugly cry in a sad circle together on plastic chairs in a poorly lit room

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Timing of the announcement? No.

The Direct date? Yes.

I told people I'd guide them towards things without saying info directly, which is why I set the expectation of an AC Direct being a priority over a General Direct earlier in the month.
do u think something can happen during this month after the Ac direct or not?
Have you hinted at... ahem... a different Direct too?
id say, although I believe zippo. Nate's seemed to hint at an early March direct as much as he did this animal crossing one

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
if we may just spare a moment for our fallen brother Dark Cloud, who once again offered up his proverbial flesh so that we could feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.