• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Update on Nintendo and E3 2020: I have some very early data coming in on booth(s), and it appears that Nintendo of America Inc. has secured at least booth 4800, which last year was in West Hall and occupied by Sega:

e32019_referencextkzj.png

Floor Plan - E3 2019

The floor plan provides a visual map of the entire event. Find exhibitors and make a plan for E3 2019.

Just figured I could chime in here to provide some good news.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I do think Nintendo will still have a presence at E3 this year, but I think E3's days are dwindling. I'm guessing Nintendo is glad it started Directs years ago and has already established them as another means of communication. Not having E3 eventually won't be a huge loss for them.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I mean sort of, but not exactly. Almost everyone watching a direct had a dwitch already, so they aren't specifically sellijg switches.
But it's about maintaining a user base that will carry on buying games. It is (or was) a very unique way to connect with a userbase, but it is a business strategy at the end of the day.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
But it's about maintaining a user base that will carry on buying games. It is (or was) a very unique way to connect with a userbase, but it is a business strategy at the end of the day.
I understand that. I just don't like when people extort that as a reason to question why people get disappointed. Like it's been rumored that a new classic paper mario and metroid 5 would be happening, two games I've been waiting decades for. It's not like everyone watchint the direct is some complete shill with nintendo hats and cheering it all for the money.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do think Nintendo will still have a presence at E3 this year, but I think E3's days are dwindling. I'm guessing Nintendo is glad it started Directs years ago and has already established them as another means of communication. Not having E3 eventually won't be a huge loss for them.

Ironically at the time everyone considered Nintendo to be out of touch and running scared.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I just want to point out once again how much I hate the Direct drought period between the September Direct and the Q1 Direct of the following year. It's way too long and they should spread the Directs out better.
Between E3 2019 Direct and September 2019 Direct it was 3 months. Now we are waiting already 5 months for a Direct and still not a single sign. If we are unlucky it might be even 6 or 7 months lol.
PLUS: we knew 2 very big titles going into 2019 with LM3 and AC. This isn't the case here. I really wonder what Nintendo's up to.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I understand that. I just don't like when people extort that as a reason to question why people get disappointed. Like it's been rumored that a new classic paper mario and metroid 5 would be happening, two games I've been waiting decades for. It's not like everyone watchint the direct is some complete shill with nintendo hats and cheering it all for the money.
I mean when I pointed it out it was more a general musing than a derogatory snide remark. I marvel at it because I'm totally hooked on it. I'm posting in this thread after all.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I mean when I pointed it out it was more a general musing than a derogatory snide remark. I marvel at it because I'm totally hooked on it. I'm posting in this thread after all.
Yea I didn't mean you as much but there are more obvious digs at people here or other places. Directs are a great way to handle things, but nintendo should be more consistent about the schedule if they want to stay strong to it.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
PLUS: we knew 2 very big titles going into 2019 with LM3 and AC. This isn't the case here. I really wonder what Nintendo's up to.
It's the case. Animal Crossing and Xenoblade DE.
Reminder that Xenoblade DE isn't just a port or a remaster. It's a full on, ambitious as fuck, remake.
Won't do the sales that Luigi or AC will do (not even close) but it is a huge, ambitious game.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
NewWabiSabi so much shit is talked about you on here. Noticed it subsided since you started posting today :D

Hope there is a Indies Direct next month, would be cool.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yea I didn't mean you as much but there are more obvious digs at people here or other places. Directs are a great way to handle things, but nintendo should be more consistent about the schedule if they want to stay strong to it.
Agreed. I really don't see why they can't have, for example, January/June/September mapped out as three clear points for information, with game-focused Directs being more random.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
It's the case. Animal Crossing and Xenoblade DE.
Reminder that Xenoblade DE isn't just a port or a remaster. It's a full on, ambitious as fuck, remake.
Won't do the sales that Luigi or AC will do (not even close) but it is a huge, ambitious game.
Animal Crossing was delayed from 2019, but yeah, it counts as a big title. Xenoblade on the other Hand... we already have a Xenoblade title on switch. LM and AC, also something like Paper Mario are a whole different thing.
it's a bummer that some IPs are very prominent on Switch, while others will never appear or got ported from Wii U and probably won't get a sequel.
So I think Last year was more appealing in general. I still totally get you for being hype about Xenoblade though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.