• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Twitter direct when? Would be nice to at least have a date on something outside of Pokemans and Animal Crossing stuff

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
how cool can you really feel when you are subtweeting when you and the person you are subtweeting are on the same platform lol

them zoomers scared of confrontation

I mean so am i

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with an Animal Crossing Direct within the next few weeks.

No General Direct for a very long time. I don't see them doing two Directs before AC comes out, and I don't see them doing a General Direct soon after an AC Direct.

If they need to announce stuff they'll do so on Twitter.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can people start getting banned for posting bs rumors? I really think that there should be some sort of consequence for leading people on for it to be nothing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

No General Direct for a very long time. I don't see them doing two Directs before AC comes out, and I don't see them doing a General Direct soon after an AC Direct.

But why?!

What sense does that make?!

We forget sometimes that not only do we like directs, they're a fantastic marketing tool for Nintendo! They want to do them! Things will get way more attention in directs than a random tweet

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Not buying a 20th General Direct.

I could totally see an Animal Crossing Direct though. But for a General it looks like we're waiting until March

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Jonneh learned about subtweeting so he became fully internet brain piodoned like the rest of us

probs retreated to these depths cause real life has boris Johnson for him

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
1. Ay caramba
2. Eat my shorts
3. Mmm, donuts
4. Dental plan!
5. Lisa needs braces

Mark my words, this is the truth. Decipher and you too will know

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They're just going to announce Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World on Twitter?

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017

So suddenly out of nowhere Xenonlade DE gets new informations... on twitter (or anywhere else), after months of total silence ?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Twitter direct when? Would be nice to at least have a date on something outside of Pokemans and Animal Crossing stuff
You've got it wrong. You get hyped for a general direct. When that fails you go down to mini-direct. And then when that doesn't come into fruition you hope and pray for a Twitter direct. You skipped the entire middle portion of the hierarchy.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Remember Nate said things will be looking good after March, so perhaps a mini direct in April and a general Direct at E3/September

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Tweet wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, just those many Twitter accounts that waste their time pretending they know stuff and build a following from it

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
luckily my primary concern in life is communism posting on twitter

and my video game hobby posting is just a side Intrest

the only real series thing for me is Zelda related stuff

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What if this is all a very, very advanced and elaborate sanity effect from Eternal Darkness? Like, I'm not an adult in 2020, I'm still a teenager in 2003 playing Eternal Darkness in my parents' house and I triggered this sanity effect which has me believing 2020 will have things like Trump as president and no Nintendo Direct for >180 days.

Makes more sense than the alternative, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.