• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I mean yeah I'm disappointed as fuck too but on what basis can we blame Nintendo? For not fulfilling the exceptions we build on our own? Did they like promise us at some point that a fucking Direct will happen early 2020?

Blame the leakers, the insiders, ourselves but really if you think about for just a sec you realize Nintendo did nothing wrong. They could never do a direct ever again and still be ok.
I am replying to you only because you cared enough to write a mildly elaborated message.

I am not talking about Directs even. I am talking about the absolute lack of information and communication regarding their launching products in the near future. I guess Nintendo knows they have a pretty passionate fanbase. Well, that fanbase buy their videogames and love them. So yes, in this sense, they owe us at least clarity and certainity on what to expect from them.

My theory about Nintendo caring less about Directs is growing strong. AC preorders are being insane without any direct or only piece of information. They simply dont need Directs to sell their products, thats it. And I, as a fan that follows them closely and buy their products have all the rights to complain about it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
To be fair, Zippo's prediction seemed reasonable after we got two game specific Directs last month. So they could have made a guess and just lost because Nintendo likes to screw with supposed insiders. Like every Direct until 2019 was in January and they suddenly jumped to February.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Im going to say what ive heard one last time, and then im gonna leave ERA for a while:

1) 20
2) Yes Paper Mario
3) No Metroid 5
4) Yes MP4
5) Kirby
4LaWv.gif

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to say what ive heard one last time, and then im gonna leave ERA for a while:

1) 20
2) Yes Paper Mario
3) No Metroid 5
4) Yes MP4
5) Kirby
I remember someone mentioning the 20th also. May have been Zippo, but am not 100% sure.

IF it happens on the 20th, then I wonder what else will fall outside outside the "pattern".

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Can't wait to see how this thread deteriorates further over night; i'm catching some sleep now.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Prime 4 on development for a year and showing next week lmfaooooo.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is New Horizons the Nintendo game for which we've come the closest to it's the release while still knowing very little about it? I can't remember any other major Nintendo game cutting it this close before an info blowout.

It's really concerning yeah, makes me think they're hiding the bad stuff, especially with how they aren't afraid to sell us the AC console and pre-loading, but actual info about the game? *crickets*

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
LeakyPandy said something was happening on Friday. A Nintendo Direct on Valentines Day would be interesting...

EDIT: I'm not saying they are necessarily trustworthy, I'm just speculating.

Last edited:

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
[/QUOTE]
If i lived through the wii u droughts, ill survive the great switch dirth of 2020
I feel you. Even if there hasn't been a Direct in a while, Nintendo have still been making announcements like the Smash Presentation and Twitter posts. During the Wii U era, they would go RADIO SILENT for upwards of 8 or 9 months some times, ending with about 1 year of completely nothing to be excited for beisdes the NX. That time period will always go down as my most excrutiating experience as a Nintendo fan, and just knowing about AC alone makes it a better time period than 2015 to before E3 2016. Ya'll are weenies if you think this is as bad as it gets and are saying that they have nothing to announce. Play some games, go watch a movie, go on a date, chill. I'm as disapointed as the next guy but at least it can't be as bad as that was.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Nintendo told me they're holding the Direct hostage until someone sends me a Valve Index and a 2080 Ti

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
We had a king.
He loved us.
We sent him away.
He laughed at us.
We fell in despair.
He wants to reclaim his throne and save us from false Gods.

We're in the Punished Zell arc guys, believe me.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Well, now I think we'll get an Animal Crossing Direct next week and a general Direct first week of March. Not getting my hopes up.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sabi jumps on every "leak" that picks up steam and then takes credit if it's right or distances themself if it's wrong.

That's literally their whole M.O. as a """leaker""" and it got them a whole cult of personality on discord.

I am aware of who Sabi is, but I'm not sure why ERA seems to be fixated with them when this thread allows themselves to be duped all on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.