• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Today still makes the most sense for announcement for Thursday Direct. And I expect it in an hour and a half.

But not gonna lie, hearing confirmation/buzz from a few other folks would inspire more confidence.

Cannot imagine Nintendo going til E3 or beyond without info. That would be grossly negligent on any companies part and they'd be roasted by everyone for it and rightly so.

There's really no way that I can see Nintendo waiting until E3 to do another Direct. Even if they don't have any first-party games to announce between now and June there will no-doubt be third parties who have some themselves and they won't want to be missing the Direct hype.

Jan 2, 2018
And...why? The financing is as far as i see not done by Crowdfunding. So i still don't see the point. A press release "our next game will be on consoles" would have been enough if it was that importaint to message this to the fanbase.

Their fans now have something to look forward to, and it at least feels more alive than if it was just a part of a press release.

Jan 2, 2018
Never seen that one before. The teaser doesn't really tell you anything anyways tho.

It's their first console title and an action-rpg. It got delayed beyond 2020. I think that's all we know so far.

Oh, and we got concept art:

www.ntower.de

Konzeptzeichnungen zu Shironeko New Project verschaffen euch einen besseren Eindruck von der Spielwelt - ntower - Dein Nintendo-Onlinemagazin

Im vergangenen Sommer kündigte COLOPL den neuesten Ableger seiner Action-RPG-Reihe Shironeko Project (auch als White Cat Project bekannt) für die…

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Their fans now have something to look forward to, and it at least feels more alive than if it was just a part of a press release.
Shure shure, i can only speak for myself. For me, i would rather have no trailer than that kind of trailer. Especially since in most cases the end product was just something ....different than people imagene it being from these kind of empty trailers.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've got a class, data structures and algorithms, with a quiz in half an hour. I should get out ten minutes before our moment of judgement
Man am I glad I finished my masters in 2015. I'd lose my mind and not be able to function in classes if I had this type of hype and suspense going on for weeks on end.

Last edited:

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Nintendo is doomed if we don't get a direct announcement today! DOOMED ETERNAL

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
It's their first console title and an action-rpg. It got delayed beyond 2020. I think that's all we know so far.

Oh, and we got concept art:

www.ntower.de

Konzeptzeichnungen zu Shironeko New Project verschaffen euch einen besseren Eindruck von der Spielwelt - ntower - Dein Nintendo-Onlinemagazin

Im vergangenen Sommer kündigte COLOPL den neuesten Ableger seiner Action-RPG-Reihe Shironeko Project (auch als White Cat Project bekannt) für die…

I'm not familiar with them, what have they done before?

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
There's really no way that I can see Nintendo waiting until E3 to do another Direct. Even if they don't have any first-party games to announce between now and June there will no-doubt be third parties who have some themselves and they won't want to be missing the Direct hype.

Right. And yes, they put out info on Twitter about NES/SNES and PMD yesterday so technically they don't HAVE to do a Direct..but cmon. There's a reason those aren't Direct level announcements.

It's time for the games, Nintendo.

Oct 25, 2017
Got banned. Not sure why.
giphy.gif

Too soon?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
We're a bunch of helpless pawns scrambling in the dark, praying and clawing at any hope of Nintendo's Direct light.

Listening to this by the way:

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Guess what Guys, i'm gonna play some Videogames for a chance, will hop on the hypetrain by announcement time and see if we are gettin relieved or get disappointed... se you in a Hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.