• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Would love a BOTW2 teaser like the one they here

ZeldaWiiUnintendodir.gif

Jan 21, 2020
The craziest thing about zippo leaks is that iirc he hasnt even leaked smth before this supposed paper mario/metroid thing that only caught flames cause it was backed by some other leaker

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing wrong with talking about someone's track record when it comes to determining whether or not their hints/leaks are likely to be accurate or not. Obviously nobody should be harassing or insulting anyone but I believe it's definitely fair to take stock of who's rumors have more weight.

Zippo mostly hinted/leaked stuff that we won't know about for a while, at least until the next Direct. So acting like he's always wrong is silly, right now we just have to wait to hear more to see if his sources have accurate info.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
This talk about insider harassers reminds me that time last year when Jason Schreier pulled a huge dick move on our very own boy Nate Drake by publicly calling him out on an Era thread, and by linking to his twitter profile (why even do that ?) so of course people started to harass Nate Drake on twitter.

Who would expect the biggest leaker to be shitty toward other little insiders. Dude's a dick.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. This stuff should be fun, and insider hints are there to fuel your anticipation and to lead to fun discussion. If you don't want to indulge in that, that's fine, but lay off with the "lmao he hasn't done shit yet" aggression, it's wholly unnecessary. Just see and watch: if he's wrong, then he's wrong, and we had some fun discussion that eventually amounted to nothing. We will survive a wrong tease, I'm sure of it. Even Emily and King Zell are wrong on occasion, it happens, and their correct contributions are incredibly valuable. We still respect them and enjoy their leaks, even if they sometimes do not pan out.

If you have problems dealing with disappointment, then you should work on that. It's an important skill to have. It definitely not a reason to vilify or aggressively doubt any insider who presents themselves.

ERA has a system where insiders are checked to see if they are in a position to know inside information, so teases on this site are not pulled out of thin air by randoms. This isn't Twitter. They can still be wrong of course, but it's not like I could go around and claim inside information when I don't have any and there is no reason to expect me to have any. That's not how this site operates.

Even the Sabi Mario Kart stuff: I don't consider them a reliable insider, but even the mention of that rumours led to a fun discussion about what MK9 could be and what improvements should be made to improve on MK8D. If you approach it from that angle, the worst you can get out of this stuff is a fun discussion.
This, all of this. There's absolutely nothing to gain by trying to come for insiders and attack their character. If it's wrong, who cares?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing wrong with saying someone has no record because it's true. Nobodies feelings are getting hurt. Every insider or people who want to be insiders have been criticized. It's fine to do it.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
There's nothing wrong with saying someone has no record because it's true. Nobodies feelings are getting hurt. Every insider or people who want to be insiders have been criticized. It's fine to do it.

I mean there is a line for sure, but people get way too sensitive to the slightest criticism for an insider

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
I trust zippo for a few various reasons.

I hope the last few pages of this thread haven't been encouraged him to leave us

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
This talk about insider harassers reminds me that time last year when Jason Schreier pulled a huge dick move on our very own boy Nate Drake by publicly calling him out on an Era thread, and by linking to his twitter profile (why even do that ?) so of course people started to harass Nate Drake on twitter.

Who would expect the biggest leaker to be shitty toward other little insiders. Dude's a dick.
That was fun. I even tagged him in several replies to address me directly and he never did.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Depends on if it's a general or game specific direct. General direct announcement would likely come on Wednesday morning, but if it's an AC direct, would likely be tomorrow morning.

In the current situation we are expecting both a general and a AC direct, so the timespan is 24-48H for an anouncement :).

Also, just look at the February 2019 direct, it was anounced tuesday for a wednesday so nothing prevent them of anouncing it tomorrow.

But yeah, I feel we're not really going to have a big direct, because all anouncement we are having are port/remasters...and I sure hope it won't only revolve around ports be it wii/wiiU/DMC etc. I absolutely love Xenoblade, but it's still a remaster.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019

This is awful.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there is a line for sure, but people get way too sensitive to the slightest criticism for an insider

What prompted me to make my own post was entering the thread and looking how the situation could be getting nastier with two or three posts about Zippo's reliability being more aggressive than what they needed to be. Absolutely no issue with questioning insiders' reliability. Just...not with harassment.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
This thread turned on Zippo fast. Jesus, y'all gone feral. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zippo just stop posting the way this is going.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me F-Zero GX in 1080P as it already has widescreen support :(

I wish they would go that route. I get it when Miyamoto says there is nothing new to do with F-Zero, but giving GX the HD treatment would probably be enough for fans, and it might make some new fans in the process.

This thread turned on Zippo fast. Jesus, y'all gone feral. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zippo just stop posting the way this is going.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
What prompted me to make my own post was entering the thread and looking how the situation could be getting nastier with two or three posts about Zippo's reliability being more aggressive than what they needed to be. Absolutely no issue with questioning insiders' reliability. Just...not with harassment.

That's fair but I feel like some people jump on anyone as soon as they say an insider might be wrong.
But I think it's fair since a few posts here have been more aggressive than they needed to be.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people who don't post here start posting as soon as they here a direct is coming and start saying some wild stuff

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019

CAn´t believe what people are saying about him, specially after being so chill and giving some tips in what to except (and what not).

He´s gonna leave just like Zell at this rate...

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I want an Animal Crossing direct, having it closer to launch will make the wait from direct to launch more bearable.

I would be happy with a general direct. I want to see some updates on Mineko's Night Market and Ooblets but perhaps we need an indie direct to see those.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Zippo would straight up leave, he's been one of the most frequent NintendoERA members since before he was an insider. I wouldn't be surprise if he shared less after this direct though

Status
Not open for further replies.