• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine always felt off to me and I didnt even think about games critically back when it came out.

There is a level of tedium to it that felt completely alien to me in a Mario game at the time.

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
So I couldn't keep up with the tread and I have a question
Are we thinking that the next direct will be a general? Or a mini?

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I probably shouldn't bring this up here but I'm sure someone else would have eventually. Setanta is at it again!

"I am a real insider who must protect my sources... but I WILL happily put them in jeopardy for internet points!"

This guy first said a Direct was the 10th...
Then the 17th...
Oh it's an indie now!

It'll be announced Friday...
No wait it'll actually be Monday!

It's airing on the 17th...
Now it's airing on the 18th!

Just don't give him attention, he's just stealing things from actual insiders and is saying "plans change" when he's wrong.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Decided to just say fuck it and bought Spiritfarer, Raji, Evergate and A Short Hike. May still get Takeshi and Hiroshi and Manifold Garden, too. Worst case scenario: I've given some Indie developers money for something they clearly worked hard on and were very passionate about and I didn't completely love.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Also, I've decided that I'm now enough a part of this community that I need to get an avatar. Anyone want to suggest one for me? Not Dill Spowser, unless it's a bet :-)

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to just say fuck it and bought Spiritfarer, Raji, Evergate and A Short Hike. May still get Takeshi and Hiroshi and Manifold Garden, too. Worst case scenario: I've given some Indie developers money for something they clearly worked hard on and were very passionate about and I didn't completely love.
Please give us some impressions on Evergate when you get a chance.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yep that's him. I still remember all the build up videos to Tokyo Game Show 2018 were he was hyping up people in the most cringeworthy way possible how Sony is going to announce a new hybrid console at a Japan centric event (this alone should tell you that the dude was lying). He even told his best buddies Spawnwave and Dreamcastguy to stay up late and watch the Sony livestream. Obviously Sony did not announce new hardware and everyone was (rightfully) pissed at him. Even ZhugeEX made fun of him because he kept digging deeper and deeper with his BS.
Sony's TGS 2018 press conference was a ton of fun.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I've had some time with Raji now and it's blend of old school God of War and both 2D and 3D Prince of Persias is fantastic (if just a little rough around the edges). They don't make 'em like this anymore.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
This guy first said a Direct was the 10th...
Then the 17th...
Oh it's an indie now!

It'll be announced Friday...
No wait it'll actually be Monday!

It's airing on the 17th...
Now it's airing on the 18th!

Just don't give him attention, he's just stealing things from actual insiders and is saying "plans change" when he's wrong.

Even if he is Fake as Fuck.. I faved his Post with my 2 Accounts.... at the End, the Infos will Leak or get spread out, let treat those Infos as a BS/Fake 4Chan Infos..

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Please give us some impressions on Evergate when you get a chance.
I might not get to it straight away. Still finishing off Undertale, and I might start with A Short Hike.

How do people feel about me possibly starting a thread to discuss all the Indies that shadow dropped today? Or would that be better served by individual OTs?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
SuperMetalDave ratted on his NoA source, got the individual fired, & often misinterprets every bit of information he finds.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Ori & the Blind Forest annoys me because I think the game itself is really good but the story takes a turn that kind of pisses me off and the Metroidvania elements feel almost unnecessary.

It's pretty damn great as a platformer though (gorgeous too)

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
SuperMetalDave ratted on his NoA source, got the individual fired, & often misinterprets every bit of information he finds.

Good grief.

That's how I feel with Dogma. Outstanding game, but rushed, unfinished.

Any piece of culture can have that effect - think about music, movies, books, television, etc. whose quality is debateable, but occupies a particular place in your memory beyond nostalgia. Same can be true with games.

Aug 6, 2020
I might not get to it straight away. Still finishing off Undertale, and I might start with A Short Hike.

How do people feel about me possibly starting a thread to discuss all the Indies that shadow dropped today? Or would that be better served by individual OTs?
I'd be interested in a thread that breaks down these games. I'm interested in several, but would love to see some impressions first.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Suggestion for the OT14 name if it comes before the rumored Direct:

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT14| Tick Tock Clock

It's relevant given the Mario 64 rumors and the waiting.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Spoilers: the lead producer role at Retro for Metroid Prime 4 amounts to nothing beyond that the game remains in development, which we all know.

spicynun

Jul 19, 2020
It's the correct opinion too.

Sunshine is not a very good game. Ya'll need to take off those nostalgia glasses, it was rushed, unpolished, unfinished and extremely janky in spots.

I replayed the game recently and the movement and controls still feel tight. I honestly haven't seen much people hate on sunshine recently except for this thread.
Brings me back to when people hated on Sunshine and Wind Waker when they first came out

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
22 pages already!? You folks...calm down. At this rate we'll be through multiple new threads before the main event.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Done with work and time for some games!

I think I'm going to start with Raji, then spend some time a little later with Spiritfarer, then end the night with A Short Hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.