• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
As as seahawks fan, this super bowl is pretty much like drinking bleach

See, it's so bad it's making 49ers fans and Seahawk fans agree on something, as I'm a 49ers fan and agree.

The outcome of the NFC game pissed me off, the AFC game made it worse.

Rooting for the Rams makes me want to hurl.

I'm not going to bitch about the OT rules (even though they're garbage).

All I'm going to say is that the NFL has to get the issue with the officials figured out. What happened in the NFC Championship game is inexcusable. They've been awful all year.

Last edited:

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
You should be thrilled. Not about the loss, but about the future. Mahomes did his job. He is the real deal and showed up in the big game. So yeah, your loss sucks, but the future looks bright for KC.

Anyway, good game, from a Pats fan

i know. and in time, i'll be able to see it that way. it just stings now.

and it's not like there weren't highlights this season. we won a playoff game at home! a god damn miracle!

tonight was a ridiculously fun game, and i'm proud of the team for clawing their way back into it. good game, from this currently depressed chiefs fan

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You'd be wrong.

If Brady had never touched the ball in OT asterisks fans would be bitching in here loud as hell.

As they should. It sucks. Sudden death works for Hockey where all the players get on the ice at once, not Football.

Referring to the Pats as "asterisks" in 2019.

giphy.gif

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they're just talking football trash like most fans do? Why does everything have to take a shit turn towards Trump? I'm not a Patriots or a Rams fan, but I do like football, and I understand how football trash talking works, but it seems like anything anymore turns into a political shitshow.

sound like one of those "why are there so many threads about trump on the main page?" posts

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you ignore the topic in everyone of your posts, instead choosing to talk some psychological nonsense. it's a pretty simple argument that you're trying to make deep to avoid just admitting what you know is true. all for a fucking football team.

Tom Brady doesn't support Trump. He said so. He supports kneeling for the anthem and said Trump was being divisive.

Make up whatever nonsense you need to to make yourself feel better, but those are facts.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Like this shit is ridiculous. Rams should hire him as defensive coordinator for the super bowl.

The thing is, this isn't actually that shocking or impressive.

Any team is prepped and knows what they are up against. If a defense is prepared, they are very much aware of what the offense is likely going to run. If they aren't, then you get completely busted plays and it's a shit show.

Romo knowing how an offense runs based on a line set up isn't all that impressive, he was a star QB for over a decade, I would expect him to read an offense with a high success rate. What exactly is he going to do that a competent DC can't? DC's aren't the one executing the plays and match ups.

(Good) Teams spend all week prepping and seeing what they will face, rest is simply execution.

Romo isn't shocking the football world by going "Gronk is out wide, Brady will throw to him." The Cheifs know that Brady is looking for that match up, but they just got burned twice down the middle of the field on two back to back third down plays and need to shut it down, so they take that chance with a 1:1 match up and roll the dice.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
We've been saying this for a hundred years. You can't overhaul the referees they are people and people will always make bad calls and bad judgments

I think you can make penalties be able to be challenged. There are times like where you should absolutely be able to force the refs to take a second look at a play. Also, introduce goal line or pylon cameras onto every game.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny seeing all these new names barging in here trying to act the villain with some variant of "GIVE ME THAT SALT MMMM THAT SALT IS SO TASTY SALT SALT SALT" and then cry so much about the inevitable Trump posts.

If you're going to pretend to be a villain then do it properly and embrace the fact that your beloved QB and coach have publicly admitted that they are horrible racist shitbags.

Own that shit. I shall be rooting for the Pats in the Owl and am hoping one of you Pats lifelongs can lend me one of your spare white hoods and MAGA cap.

LET'S GO PATS

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Dude he had a MAGA hat in his locker and called it a "keepsake". I could care less what his newest excuse is.

And what's the end game here? Okay so let's say we establish Brady supports Trump, then what? Should Pat fans stop rooting for their team? Does rooting for their team/players mean they support Trump and his bigoted policies? Is every Chiefs fan okay with domestic violence? Is every Colts fan okay with sexual assault? Or is this a special exception because it's Trump and therefore somehow worse than rooting for a guy who beats up on pregnant women? Where does this go?

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking at pictures, articles and public statements that show Brady supported Trump as President, kept a MAGA hat "keepsake" in his locker, and voted for the guy.

That is the truth. Regardless of what he said last week or last month he still supported Trump in the election despite the blantant racism and sexism that Trump displayed along the way. Thats enough to put him on a permanent shit list in my book.
And here you are supporting the NFL.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am looking at pictures, articles and public statements that show Brady supported Trump as President, kept a MAGA hat "keepsake" in his locker, and voted for the guy.

That is the truth. Regardless of what he said last week or last month he still supported Trump in the election despite the blantant racism and sexism that Trump displayed along the way. Thats enough to put him on a permanent shit list in my book.

Oh now the goal posts have moved to supported. I see. Maybe in a few more posts we can wittle it down to something even more reasonable. And so on and so on.

Jun 10, 2018
Also baffles me that they had nothing to help get Tyrek Hill involved. Besides that one catch, was he even remotely a factor in this game?
See to me the loss of Hunt hurt Tyreek more than anyone else. In the first matchup Hill was able to blow holes in the coverage because the defense had to digest so much attention to Hunt, who is every bit as much a home run hitter out of the backfield as Hill is on the outside.

Without that two-printed speed approach, it allowed Bill to actually shrink his coverage radius and contain Hill a little better.

The better question is: Where was the gameplan to get Kelce more involved? Because I'm not sure if the league knows this, but.......our LBs are a liability in coverage.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhhhh another Super Bowl. Tom the GOAT

And lol at people complaining about the coin toss. If KC won it wouldn't be an issue. Shocking
I don't think so, not for me. I'm an outsider looking in and it seems strange to me compared to how other sports regulate extra time and tiebreakers. Half of the team (chiefs) did not even get on the field in overtime. Deciding tiebreakers where only half the team gets to play based off a coin toss?

Oct 27, 2017
and i hate the Asterisks as much as anybody, quite probably more, but this sanctimony game with the NFL has no winners. there is at least one player on your team present or past who was an absolute dirtbag.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget the constant pick routes the Asterisks call to free up receivers. I was shocked Dorsett actually got called on pass interference, the Asterisks do that shit constantly.

Kinda ridiculous that you pick this game of all to harp on that. As you even mentioned, they got called on it, and a much more blatant example of it led to a long hugely important KC play.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
And what's the end game here? Okay so let's say we establish Brady supports Trump, then what? Should Pat fans stop rooting for their team? Does rooting for their team/players mean they support Trump and his bigoted policies? Is every Chiefs fan okay with domestic violence? Is every Colts fan okay with sexual assault? Or is this a special exception because it's Trump and therefore somehow worse than rooting for a guy who beats up on pregnant women? Where does this go?

And all those players can fuck off too. I am not saying what they did is better or worse than Brady being a Trump supporter. I am just sick of seeing Brady get a pass for his off the field politics because he is the "GOAT" and then when you try to point his shit to Pats fans they write it off as "salt" or use some other juvenile excuse. Its just annoying to see the sports community ignore all his problems because he is the "GOAT".

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to blame the OT rules but wow our defense fucking sucks.
I mean, they got two interceptions and should have had the game winning third. They definitely played sloppy af at points but the offense was also too slow to start, which I blame in part on Mahomes being on a leash at the beginning.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only true Trump supporter was Brees, and the universe Punished him for that and his more recent crimes.

Everyone wins today.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Caught systematically cheating not once, but twice.

the fact that you could wonder aloud why the Asterisks are hated tells me you haven't been watching this very long. Deflategate was just over 3 years ago.
I've been watching since 03? How does Spygate and deflating footballs explain 15 years of straight dominance? Granted I've never played football at this level but, I've seen great teams die out pretty fast yet the Pats are still here...going to the SB again.

Just how? And do you honestly think all the other NFL teams are being good people and playing by the rules?

Like I'm not even trolling. I'm asking honest questions. What the Pats do is legit amazing to me. Football is random as fuck with so many moving parts affecting each and every play. How do they remain so damn consistent? This isn't some rigged shit like Alabama hogging all the best players here either. How many teams would Edelman even start for in the league?

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017

Oh God, stop, put it in another thread. This is about football. Chill out dude.

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda ridiculous that you pick this game of all to harp on that. As you even mentioned, they got called on it, and a much more blatant example of it led to a long hugely important KC play.
Kinda equally ridiculous that you give Brady all the credit when a large part of his continued success is the offense he operates in. Belichick and that snake mcdaniels put their QB in the best position to succeed. They are better at that than any other team in the league which is why the asterisks are again in the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.