• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Hows my system looking against xsx? i got
9700k @ 5ghz
32gb ddr4 3600 ram
1.5tb of ssd space
rtx 2080 slight OC

Will I need to upgrade my GC to stay a bit ahead?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I totally agree with both of you but I still think KZ Battle royal will be a thing :)

Agreed. Killzone overall isn't super well-loved, but the multiplayer of Killzone 2 arguably was by a lot of people. I think a heavily expanded next-gen game focused on that experience would do very, very well - equally as well as a new Guerilla shooter IP that would likely take more time and effort to make.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
gamerant.com

New PS5 Leak Claims Sony is Developing Two Different Console Versions

A leaker claims that Sony doesn't just have one PlayStation 5 console in development, but rather two, including a more powerful console.

I saw it today.
Is it true? Possible? Or not?
Ugh. He's not reliable at all. He said both consoles would be 1080 level (not Ti). He later claimed his predicition came true, after the Series X spec reveal (which is more powerful than a 2080...). He's been banned around here for a reason.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I have a feeling a 3060RTX will probably be just fine if someone wants to outperform the new consoles. The rest of his build looks great but it depends on his SSD type.

Ehhh, I don't know about that. Given the XSX power and (at least I'm assuming) the PS5 are a bit beyond the 2080 and around 2080 Super level, I have my doubts there. My guess for the Ampere line is that the 3060 will be roughly on-par with the next-gen GPUs, the 3070 will be solidly better (hopefully around 2080 Ti level), and the 3080 will be the real future-proofing option, probably about 50% stronger and capable of powering next-gen games at 60fps for the entire generation as long as you don't mind DLSS.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Ehhh, I don't know about that. Given the XSX power and (at least I'm assuming) the PS5 are a bit beyond the 2080 and around 2080 Super level, I have my doubts there. My guess for the Ampere line is that the 3060 will be roughly on-par with the next-gen GPUs, the 3070 will be solidly better (hopefully around 2080 Ti level), and the 3080 will be the real future-proofing option, probably about 50% stronger and capable of powering next-gen games at 60fps for the entire generation as long as you don't mind DLSS.
Maybe, I guess we will have to wait and see but I'm sure the 3070RTX will be more powerful than any of the new consoles, it will probably be a few % more powerful than a 2080 ti.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Maybe, I guess we will have to wait and see but I'm sure the 3070RTX will be more powerful than any of the new consoles, it will probably be a few % more powerful than a 2080 ti.

Oh, I agree. That's what I was saying - you said that the 3060 will be able to outperform the new consoles, but I think the 3070 will be needed for that. It'll probably be about on-par with the Titan RTX, while the 3060 will be "only" around 2080-to-2080 Super level.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We can all dream. Well I won't I have very little ps1/2 nostalgia. I was mainly into sega and PC back then.
I would be interested in checking out how well the Zen CPUs and a 5700 runs PS2/PS3 emulators on pc. What kind of framerate/resolutions are currently capable on a pc setup? Granted we can get better optimization in a console box. The results would be interesting..

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Those are 2 names I dont like seeing in the morning.

Massive grain of salt for that user.
466841177.jpg

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Oh, I agree. That's what I was saying - you said that the 3060 will be able to outperform the new consoles, but I think the 3070 will be needed for that. It'll probably be about on-par with the Titan RTX, while the 3060 will be "only" around 2080-to-2080 Super level.
Yeah, you are probably right, the 3060 will probably match them. Man, we really need new next-gen info.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
9700k @ 5ghz
32gb ddr4 3600 ram
1.5tb of ssd space
rtx 2080 slight OC

That's one of the things i hate about PC gaming and i moved to console gaming. I used to have gtx 680 + i5 3570 which was top of the line cards and cpu.
On Battlefield 5 i can hardly even get 60fps on lowest settings and it looks like shit, on medium-hih mix im hovering around 30fps in multiplayer. Even though my pc is probably 2x better than console and on console i get amost stable 60fps and it looks pretty good.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got message from Sony that PSPlus becomes cheaper come May 1st. Is it regional or does it mean something, and that something is not good for next gen?
You can't infer that at all. In slowing markets they might trying to boost sales ahead of PS+ in order to lock you in and give you reason to upgrade. Don't panic

You can't infer that at all. In slowing markets they might trying to boost sales ahead of PS+ in order to lock you in and give you reason to upgrade. Don't panic

Ok, I won't thanks!

My guess is that it's the addition of PSNow to the package, and package becomes cheaper for those without it available. Since I don't see anyone around the world or Era to mention it, it may be even personal discount for being such a fanboy. Sorry for offtopic then.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
9700k @ 5ghz
32gb ddr4 3600 ram
1.5tb of ssd space
rtx 2080 slight OC

If you play at 1080p/1440p like 99% of PC gamers, why would you worry about it? SX is going to be wasting so much power to push pixels. i do feel like RTX 2080 is going to be out dated quickly by Ampere though, i would not be surprised to see a RTX 3060 comfortably beat the RTX 2080. So just sell the RTX 2080 & get a 3070/3080 sometime this year.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
9700k @ 5ghz
32gb ddr4 3600 ram
1.5tb of ssd space
rtx 2080 slight OC

Your CPU is way stronger than the underclocked ryzen CPUs that are in the next gen. Your GPU on the other hand is probably just around xsx assuming that RDNA2 does not have a large IPC over 1. However when it comes to ray tracing I would expect that your GPU will outperform the next gen consoles given how much money Nvidia has spent on designing their RT cores vs AMD and I don't expect that the next gen will have as many of them as well. But this is just speculation. DLSS 2.0 on the other hand provides a clear advantage over next gen (assuming that more games implement it in the future). Overall I think your are fine with what you have and you will stay ahead until the pro versions. I have a 2080 ti and will only get the PS5 to get their exclusives and just get all MS games on pc, exactly as I did this gen.

Last edited:

Adum

May 30, 2019
XSX can't touch this.
Are you sure about that? If the RDNA2 in the XSeX does have architectural improvements over first gen RDNA then it could perform much better than the 12tf number on paper - and that'd put it above a 2080. Of course a PC with an RTX2080 would still play nextgen games easily, but you won't be seeing any fps/resolution jumps compared to the console version.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Are you sure about that? If the RDNA2 in the XSeX does have architectural improvements over first gen RDNA then it could perform much better than the 12tf number on paper - and that'd put it above a 2080. Of course a PC with an RTX2080 would still play nextgen games easily, but you won't be seeing any fps/resolution jumps compared to the console version.
This is why it's a big pain we know nothing about RDNA2, but people saying it will somehow have 50% performance increase despite still being on 7nm, might need to calm down a bit, if AMD had such a magical architecture, they would be fighting the 2080 Ti right now.
The profit margins on Consoles are very thin, but you can get PC gamers to pay $999 for your 2080 Ti killer that costs $499 to make, yet radio silence.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Your CPU is way stronger than the underclocked ryzen CPUs that are in the next gen. Your GPU on the other hand is probably just around xsx assuming that RDNA2 does not have a large IPC over 1. However when it comes to ray tracing I would expect that your GPU will outperform the next gen consoles given how much money Nvidia has spent on designing their RT cores vs AMD and I don't expect that the next gen will have as many of them as well. But this is just speculation. DLSS 2.0 on the other hand provides a clear advantage over next gen (assuming that more games implement it in the future). Overall I think your are fine with what you have and you will stay ahead until the pro versions. I have a 2080 ti and will only get the PS5 to get their exclusives and just get all MS games on pc, exactly as I did this gen.

Sorry but an Intel Core i7 9700k is not way stronger than the rumored AMD 3700X inside the XSX (8 AMD Zen 2 cores at 3.6 GHz). In fact it's weaker in multithreaded tasks.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019

Because we actually have very little on how they came up on that 12tf, the actual performance could also be below of what it indicates. Right now it does give some approximation of the performance but in reality, it's just marketing talk. Is it pure raster power or is ray tracing included in it? Does it account image reconstruction tech and ml? What kind of configuration it has etc.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry but an Intel Core i7 9700k is not way stronger than the rumored AMD 3700X inside the XSX (8 AMD Zen 2 cores at 3.6 GHz). In fact it's weaker in multithreaded tasks.

This is incorrect. If you check the hardware unboxed (or the DF) review of the 3700x, you can see that the 9700k outperform it in gaming. And that is before taking account of the overclock of his 9700k and the underclock of the 3700 x in next gen. the 3700x is only more powerful in productivity tasks. But not even that would be true here given the vast difference in clocks.

Last edited:

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
It's Friday! I'm drinking! Let's have some sacrifices! Who else is as excited as I am?

51e9e63089e651e02454b9c646b0d8ea.gif

Well, don't everyone speak up at once.....

Hnetuduft, Miruna, Nazgûl, Turbowaffles, Xeontech. Please step forward. For the crime of failing to guess the correct reveal date for the PlayStation 5, I hereby sentence you to the following avatarsto wear shamefully until the PS5 releases:

Hnetuduft, when you gotta go, you gotta go. This should help. Sorry, it was the only color they had left in stock.

VOkypJZ.png

Miruna, scare children and loved ones with this creepy old man mask!

M6BDQUB.png

Nazgûl, call the fire department! The cat got stuck in a jar!

jIM4J11.png

Turbowaffles, send that smile away for a while with this totally un-nutritious breakfast!

iAiNrvE.png

Xeontech, remember Kidz Bop? Did you know there's a lot of them?

0DyLdyq.png

Well, that's all for today folks. Come back tomorrow for even more silliness because it's a weekend and whatnot. Until then, let's get some dinner.

belmont4.gif
Dammit Sony

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019

We only know that it's a 8 core zen2 part. The architechture is very versatile and can be stretched from mobile to hedt and servers. This being an apu in a very limited form factor, It is very likely that the cpu is not going match the full desktop 3700X.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I would be interested in checking out how well the Zen CPUs and a 5700 runs PS2/PS3 emulators on pc. What kind of framerate/resolutions are currently capable on a pc setup? Granted we can get better optimization in a console box. The results would be interesting..
I reckon the sky would be the limit. Ps2 emulation has been in a pretty good spot for a good while.

Last I checked its mostly cpu dependent but I managed to get good results with a celeron years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.