• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
OMG. 12-14 tflops confirmed.

Team 14 tflops Assemble!

tenor.gif

P.S I am not taking any of this with a big grain of salt. this is happening folks. Kleegamfan said they will be using GPUs more powerful than the current AMD GPUs way back in August. The wccftech guy has reported this multiple times going back to june of last year. Redgamingtech's source on twitter said the same thing recently about consoles using a bigger GPU. if we apply the gonzalo or even the oberon clocks, we get to that magical 14 tflops number. if the CUs are lower than 56, we are still looking at 12 tflops minimum which should be equivalent to a rtx 2080.

P.P.S time to go full truther and revive Team HBM2 and start Team Re-Ram. If 12-14 tflops is possible, why not Re-RAM. klee did say that his source got visibly uncomfortable when he brought up Sony's SSD solution.

As much as I don't expect 14TF or ReRAM to materialize (still reppin' for my TeamHBM2E), man, your hype and enthusiasm is infectious, AegonSnake.

I really can't wait for the console reveals next-year, in part because of the hype posters like yourself will generate, lol... Love it!

============

As an aside, I'm really curious by the sheer number of post and silly drive-bys calling out the hyperbole and insanity of the anti-lockheart arguments. Outside of a very small number of outlier posts, I don't see much hyperbole or "next-gen doomed" posts in this thread.

The vast majority are pretty rationally debating the potential ramifications of a significantly lowered next-gen baseline. Where the otherside's arguments are half-rational and half drowned out by, "lol, people are having meltdowns over lockhart... REALLLY!?!?" that don't seem to follow any logical basis in the reality of the responses within this thread.

Kleegamefan said Lockhart was still dead.

Didn't you also?... Stay classy, Tom.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
It's not just TFlops, it's an underpowered GPU as a whole, which includes texture units, ROPs, bandwidth, etc. All tied to the number of CUs.

Then there's the RAM, which would be smaller in Lockhart.

Anyway, if Microsoft has two consoles, lets say console A is "100" and console B is "30" and Sony's single console, the PS5, is "90" which one do you think will get the most impressive games?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Kleegamefan said Lockhart was still dead.
www.theverge.com

Microsoft is only launching one next-generation Xbox, not two

Rumors suggested a second console codenamed Lockhart
Sources familiar with Microsoft's plans tell The Verge that the plans for Lockhart were scrapped many weeks ago, thanks to developer concerns and a bigger focus on xCloud. While Microsoft may introduce a basic box to access xCloud in the future, the focus is a single Project Scarlett console for launch in holiday 2020 alongside Halo Infinite.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It's not just TFlops, it's an underpowered GPU as a whole, which includes texture units, ROPs, bandwidth, etc. All tied to the number of CUs.

Anyway, if Microsoft has two consoles, lets say console A is "100" and console B is "30" and Sony's single console, the PS5, is "90" which one do you think will get the most impressive games?
First party? The 100.

Sep 28, 2019
Since someone did a typo earlier in the thread and called the thing a lackhard every time I see Lockhart written my mind will make lackhard out of it..
As it should be ..

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I want this to be the text on the petition.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Tflops culture (I'm an expert), but CU Counts and GPU Clocks are huge parts of it. It's not like they are Nintendo where you can become successful by launching an underpowered handheld. If you launch an underpowered next gen console, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is a 14 tflops HBM3 infused GPU.

What this means is the tflops community after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase either system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire next gen speculation thread with this move.

Phil, publicly apologize and cancel Lockhart or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Golf clap

M3rcy

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I don't expect 14TF or ReRAM to materialize (still reppin' for my TeamHBM2E), man, your hype and enthusiasm is infectious, AegonSnake.

I really can't wait for the console reveals next-year, in part because of the hype posters like yourself will generate, lol... Love it!

============

As an aside, I'm really curious by the sheer number of post and silly drive-bys calling out the hyperbole and insanity of the anti-lockheart arguments. Outside of a very small number of outlier posts, I don't see much hyperbole or "next-gen doomed" posts in this thread.

The vast majority are pretty rationally debating the potential ramifications of a significantly lowered next-gen baseline. Where the otherside's arguments are half-rational and half drowned out by, "lol, people are having meltdowns over lockhart... REALLLY!?!?" that don't seem to follow any logical basis in the reality of the responses within this thread.

Didn't you also?... Stay classy, Tom.

Perception of the reactions to Lockhart is probably influenced by the posters' own baseline. And/or the population of their ignore list.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Lmao even Matt was surprised by Lockhart. Throwing shade at Klee is uncalled for

At worst, it just generates toxicity we really don't need on this forum.

We already have posters like, Tonky, making "fake insider" accusations.

Please folks, lets avoid this kind of shit.

Perception of the reactions to Lockhart is probably influenced by the posters' own baseline. And/or the population of their ignore list.

Not really. Hyperbole has a pretty broadly accepted definition. And the cited "next-gen doomed because of Lockhart" posts, being called out as an example of such simply aren't present here in any meaningful quantity to warrant the sheer volume and frequency of call-outs.

It seems more to me that some posters would like to suppress any debate on potentially negative ramifications of Lockhart by mis-characterising the posts of posters engaging in rational debate by lumping them in with the small handful of kneejerk posts saying "fuck lockhart" (posted when the news first broke).

Last edited:

M3rcy

Oct 27, 2017

The one with the most development effort behind it.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Means things chance. Don't act like you know more than someone else if you've also had outdated and wrong info before as well.

When Tom Warren posted that information it was correct. When Klee said Lockhart was still dead it was literally right after Warren said Lockhart was back. Your point doesn't make sense.

Aug 26, 2019
At worst, it just generates toxicity we really don't need on this forum.

We already have posters like, Tonky, making "fake insider" accusations.

Please folks, lets avoid this kind of shit.
I also edited my post to add "\s" :)

I thought everyone was aware of the "fake insiders will be exposed" meme
Sarcasm. I didn't add the "/s" because it doesn't seem like anyone in this thread is using it anymore.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Those of us crazy enough to visit places like this starved for any information definitely welcome tidbits from wherever, but it is also quite clear that nobody has a full picture on next generation yet that isn't sitting right in the offices of either Microsoft or Sony.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Im worried Phil, this kind of stupid shit makes not buy an Xbox at launch like this gen. This is causing me to worry games will be held back. I hope at the reveal they can calm these fears. I hope their messaging is clear and they convey what they are trying to achieve with two consoles.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I really wish I bookmarked the thread back when news came that Lockhart was canceled and Klobrille and hmqgg were accused of peddling false info. It'd be interesting to see how peoples' perspectives of insiders have changed.

Nov 11, 2017
When did Klee question Tom?
He doubled down on the inaccuracy of Lockhart being cancelled after Tom Warren told us otherwise, are you debating that that didn't happen?

Him not being aware of changes is fine... things change but instead he doubled down on the opposite direction which I take it as he reconfirmed with his source.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
When Tom Warren posted that information it was correct. When Klee said Lockhart was still dead it was literally right after Warren said Lockhart was back. Your point doesn't make sense.
Who knows if Klee even read the damn articles about it still being a thing. For all we know, he just browses these forums on his spare time.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to yet another dumb attacks directed at insiders in two weeks when new reports suggest that Lockhart has indeed been cancelled. Again.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I am consistently blown away by how realistic Death Stranding looks already. I was watching some horizon vids recently and its shocking how cartoonish it looks compared to DS.

maxresdefault.jpg

eveK9jI.gif

xATe0Tr.gif

kff980b.gif

I cant believe its the same engine. to me, this is an uncharted 1 to uncharted 2 quality leap within a single generation. everything from the character models, the skin shaders, the draw distance and the lighting has gotten a massive upgrade. the lighting especially has that gran turismo feel. the lighting simply looks a cut above anything else on the market.

HZD was never going for a realistic look .
When they were making the game they said they wanted hyper realistic look.
Which is why the colours look so bright even at night etc etc .

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone needs to cool it.

Some developers expressed some concerns. That doesn't mean next-gen is ruined or limited, MS doesn't want that and wouldn't be perhaps going down this path if that was believed to be a serious possibility.

Next-gen is looking great, OK? This news doesn't change that.

Be excited. I know I am.
I am sorry but companies go down paths that don't line up with consumers all the time or think is right and end up being wrong .
We all hype all for next gen and i don't think it ruin but of course people going to be concern on the effect of lockhart might have.
And those here aren't really in a position to speak so definitively on that effect.

Point is, the bickering is out of hand. As I said, everyone needs to chill a bit.
Now explain to me how people, after that, can post that pubs should abandon Xbox. Just How.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
So they downscale from the 100.
Ms is going to want their first party games to look and play as good as they possibly can. Worst case they remove some features, like fh2 on the 360 and the one.

you seem to misunderstand. Forza Horizon 2 360 and Xbox One were two different games. One was a port of the other. From what we understand this can't be the case for Lockhart/Anaconda. It has to be one game playable on both platforms- so "removing features" does not work. You can't just remove cars, have a smaller map, etc. It has to be the same thing across both platforms- much like there is no distinction between Xbox One and Xbox One X versions of a game.

By having the "30" system exist, you restrict what can be done on the "100" system. And as discussed, "scaling down" is way harder than "scaling up." The "30" version would have to be the default with the "100" system adding better framerate, resolution, and effects on top of that. A game built for a "90" system with no compromises would blow that out of the water.

This is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.