• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberus

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
What is the max bandwidth of samsung's flashbolt HBM2E? It is announced these two days, and PS5 website also revealed?
https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...-of-industrys-first-3rd-generation-16gb-hbm2e

Samsung's Flashbolt provides a highly reliable data transfer speed of 3.2 gigabits per second (Gbps) by leveraging a proprietary optimized circuit design for signal transmission, while offering a memory bandwidth of 410GB/s per stack. Samsung's HBM2E can also attain a transfer speed of 4.2Gbps, the maximum tested data rate to date, enabling up to a 538GB/s bandwidth per stack in certain future applications. This would represent a 1.75x enhancement over Aquabolt's 307GB/s.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
His other tweet is about how Spencer said that google and amazon are xbox competition, and that Spencer said that so that he doesn't have to play a game with
sony..... Completely missing the point, that Spencer was talking about cloud infrastructure.
Are these the people we read on media in todays times?
Wow
It's a bit of a muddled point anyway because Phil is being overly deferential when Stadio and Amazon have yet to show any threat of actually being competitive. It's merely their technological infrastructure and the presumed direction of gaming towards streaming that creates the perception of inevitability. By respecting that possibility, he's probably easing shareholder fears.

Their actual technical rollout of these features has been methodical, incremental, and very deliberate. They are walking before they run.
What is the max bandwidth of samsung's flashbolt HBM2E? It is announced these two days, and PS5 website also revealed?
3.2Gbps per pin.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Colbert After all this time, I noticed something about your prediction chart: Bandwidth being 448GB/s- identical to what is available for both RX 5700 and 5700XT. Given, unlike those cards, UMA in console means apportionment of bandwidth between CPU and GPU, this would mean a deduction in available bandwidth dedicated to GPU.

I have no idea how much bandwidth CPU would eat whilst operating concurrently with GPU but wouldn't that adversely affect performance of the semi-GPUs compared to what is commercially available?

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
N4G

Bu1ambI.gif

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The way i see it... the website with email registration was put out with the message to all the hardcore fans waiting for info that it will take a while so that we can chill for a moment.

surely that just backfires? If you're casual you don't care anyway. If you're hardcore you immediately put on your tinfoil hat and assume the page means an imminent reveal..

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Nah, it's still fun because nobody should be believing Brad Sams.

That's an interesting take. He's one of the most consistent and accurate MS related journalists in the industry. Like Tom Warren, his slight jab at the running narrative post github doesn't discredit that.

Edit just saw your clarification that makes a bit more sense.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That's an interesting take. He's one of the most consistent and accurate MS related journalists in the industry. Like Tom Warren, his slight jab at the running narrative post github doesn't discredit that.
MS yes, Sony no. All things like that do is just inflate more console wars (a mess I constantly have to clean up)

And I just saw your edit. We all good now :P

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019

Edit just saw your clarification that makes a bit more sense.
This id have thought brad is pretty reliable - obviously more so on the MS side

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
MS yes, Sony no. All things like that do is just inflate more console wars (a mess I constantly have to clean up)
See my edit. Yes he was making a joke out of it but it's not his fault people can't take a joke or take things too seriously they're only plastic boxes after all. People are super thirsty is all.

Edit we just gonna play edit tag lol

Oct 27, 2017

Everyone thinks this is about next gen, but it really means Microsoft just noticed that the Star Fox IP was included in their Rare purchase in 2002, so today Xbox will drop a megaton by announcing the Star Fox game everyone's wanted forever, Star Fox Adventures HD Remix, coming to Game Pass today lol /s

Would Sams know PS5 specs? I guess it's not out of the question. If he has sources at Xbox, wouldn't Xbox know PS5 specs if they've been given dev kits for Minecraft, or will they get those later than a normal dev?

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Everyone thinks this is about next gen, but it really means Microsoft just noticed that the Star Fox IP was included in their Rare purchase in 2002, so today Xbox will drop a megaton by announcing the Star Fox game everyone's wanted forever, Star Fox Adventures HD Remix, coming to Game Pass today lol /s

Would Sams know PS5 specs? I guess it's not out of the question. If he has sources at Xbox, wouldn't Xbox know PS5 specs if they've been given dev kits for Minecraft, or will they get those later than a normal dev?
Spencer already said that they have not PS5 devkits for Minecraft

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
A bit off topic but Mat is right and i don't like where this is going:

If you read the interview (I think it was posted in the Xbox thread) with the Game Stack guy from yesterday, this stuff makes more sense. He talks specifically about how reaching billions of gamers is more so a product of giving developers who make that sort of content the tools/platform to reach those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.