• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

9fee462a-f66f-463f-91c9-c1bea8b8b8d0.jpg

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
oh.. damn. why do they keep putting out nice colors. i want this and the forza one.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I like the color on the front. The pattern on the backside of the controller thighs are lame though.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I want a Design Lab one, the Forza one, and now this one. I don't need that many controllers ffs.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've got one coming my way two days from now... Really like the swirl.
Never used one of the controllers with rubber grips so hopefully this will feel nicer than my current one.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
It's ugly. I like sonic the hedgehog blue the best. Wish Sony would make that.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Oddly every retailer I've checked in the US has a different release date for this. For example, Best Buy said Sept 5, while Target says Sept 21. Amazon doesn't have it in stock at all, and Walmart can ship it on September 7. Notably what all those dates have in common is that none of them are today.

Totally understandable considering the state of marine freight and supply chains in general at the moment, but curious that Microsoft would adhere to an 8/31 date rather than say something like, "launching early September in the US, check with your favorite retailer."

I do love this design though and have one pre-ordered, so really looking forward to that at some point this month.

Looks like a merman's codpiece.

I got a good laugh out of this one, thank you.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have an Xbox but that is a gorgeous controller. Tempted to grab one specifically for PC gaming.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
My favourite (Leaving aside the ones from Design Lab) is still the Electric Volt. I know some people don't like the white in the back but I love it.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Not sure if it's the "I NEED IT NOW" kind of amazing, but amazing for sure

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You, my good sir, are incorrect. What can be better than this clicky, precise masterpiece?

The previous clicky, simple and effective masterpiece.

But if you mean the best D-Pads of all time? That would be the Genesis/Saturn D-Pad and the PSVita D-pad are my favorites, followed by most of the 8/16 bit Nintendo console ones.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020

But if you mean the best D-Pads of all time? That would be the Genesis/Saturn D-Pad and the PSVita D-pad are my favorites, followed by most of the 8/16 bit Nintendo console ones.

Series X controller d-pad is amazing and not only better than XB1 but any of the Elite options too. Somehow the half-way between the two design they came up with feels better than the separate ones. Overall, the d-pad isnt that useful for a lot of games so Elite 2 is still king.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That design is too bright for my earthy color tastes, but I like the design of the grips on the back.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017

I liked the XB1 d-pad a lot, but it does feel relatively imprecise now compared to the Series. The clicks could stand to be a little quieter though...

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I reserved it at GameStop because it said August 31. When I called just now they said it should have hit the warehouse today and when I asked for elaboration they got weird, lol. So who knows!

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series X controller d-pad is amazing and not only better than XB1 but any of the Elite options too. Somehow the half-way between the two design they came up with feels better than the separate ones. Overall, the d-pad isnt that useful for a lot of games so Elite 2 is still king.

It didn't seem more precise when I tried it, it seemed to be more easy to do imprecise inputs but admittedly I only tried it for a very short while. To me it felt, and still feels like an unnecessary change. If they wanted a D-pad design with better pronounced diagonals, something more akin to the Genesis controller would have been better IMO because you get the best of both worlds, a standard cross shape with concave diagonal parts that you can feel. The clickiness felt great though, I appreciate that aspect of them a lot but that was already the case with the Xbox One controller's D-Pad.

Last edited:

Anonymous Tipster

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
I'm in the market for a good d-pad controller to use for fighters. I currently use a PS4 controller, which is precise enough but with prolonged use,
really starts to hurt my fingers due to the disjointed pieces.

I've heard a lot of praise for both the elite and the series x controller, so I'd love to hear more thoughts on their d-pads.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the market for a good d-pad controller to use for fighters. I currently use a PS4 controller, which is precise enough but with prolonged use,
really starts to hurt my fingers due to the disjointed pieces.

I've heard a lot of praise for both the elite and the series x controller, so I'd love to hear more thoughts on their d-pads.

The series controllers have great d-pads, they're just really clicky and loud which bothers some people.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man I should've waited… got a new controller just a few weeks ago, this one looks great!

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I need a green version of this, I would be day one. I'm tempted to get this one but I'm holding out for a future announcement.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
show me a photo of it in a poorly lit living room with cheetos and chopsticks nearby to appease the snacks but no touch crowd

but really, it looks real cool there, just kind of curious what it actually looks like in a non ideal environment, just to get an idea of what you're really gettin