• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
ejkwhdhwoaibiid8fj8t.jpg
Holy shit. This puts into perspective how much better the new one is. For all the deserved concerns for the first design they got, I have to say now they really nailed it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Jim Carry in this? Why does Sonic talk? Why is Sonic still a thing?

Seriously it doesn't look bad, but it sure does look like a pure kids movie. Might watch it for Jim Carry.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
All I want is for a release with the original design to make it out into the public.

it was so jarring that I want to see all the footage they have of it in its original form.

#releasethedisturbingeyesteethandhandscut

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Sonic, I like the design

I'm in for Carrey. Outside of that it looks like a decent kids movie

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Movie still looks god awful, but man, they really did nail the re-design. Kudos on that front.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Design looks great and movie looks fun.

Lighthearted humour, some nostalgia and Jim Carey looks hilarious.

I'll watch it.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New Sonic is much better than previous garbage!
I don't think the movie itself will be that good, but kids will enjoy it.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh great that they fixed this.
Might be a fun movie for kids that love Sonic.
Are there still kids that like Sonic?
Jim Carrey is a plus.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen this trailer with sound, but I will say I think the movie looks better than most people think. That was my opinion then and it remains so. Nothing earth-shattering of course, but it looks like decent fun.

Of course people just focused on the, admittedly, horrendous Sonic design, but that's mostly fixed. I'm not gonna watch it in theaters but I'll watch it on when it hits streaming services.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic looks good now, but holy shit does the rest of it has trainwreck written all over it.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The amount some people will complain about a kids movie not speaking to them is astounding.

That said I think they did a killer job reworking Sonic. And they really seem to have found their footing with the tone as well. I'd love for it to do well and inject some more life into bringing properties out of games and into other mediums like movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is paying very close attention to this thing.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
wow, well done to the team for taking on board the feedback. The new design makes the movie seem at least 2x better. Looks like a film I could tolerate watching with kids. My cousins kids are going to eat this up. They love Sonic.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Design is far better and that was a much better trailer too. I think Sonic's personality is pretty obnoxious, but it's not made for my old grumpy ass, it's made for younger kids. I think it'll work for them. The Carey stuff on display here is better than they showed in that first trailer - where he was painfully unfunny - but still nothing that'd actively make me want to sit through the rest of it. Looks actiony and kinetic enough for the target audience and no longer has a freakish abomination of a character design, so I think it'll do well.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
An ungrateful part of me kind of wants to see all this with that dreadful design from prior trailers. In any case, this looks like a solid kids movie, and I like Jim Carrey even if he hasn't made a good movie in 15 years. The man made me laugh so much as a kid that I will NEVER abandon my fandom! I'm as rigid as the 35 year olds complaining that this movie doesn't appeal to their adult needs!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sonic looks a lot better now. Also that was a better trailer than the first one, it actually looks like it could be fun.

Shame they didn't keep it all animated though. The footage at the start, what looks like it could be the Green Hill Zone, looked great. They should have kept it on their home world and have Tails, Knuckles, Amy ect, as the supporting cast, with just Dr Robotnik as the only human, instead of sending Sonic to our world.