• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
FOUND IT!!

What the hell is up with the Black/Red suit on 2:17 in the trailer?

Peter starts with the Iron Spider suit

Gets his regular Blue/Red suit from nick fury/happy

then he gets the Stealth suit.

But then, in the trailer, we get Red/Black spiderman suit only in day shots in a ruined area.

That's been driving me up a wall in this trailer. I still think that's either Miles or Alternate peter and the reveal is that Mysterio killed Peter in his world and fled to ours and is trying to sell himself a hero to our Dimension while on his, he was a scumbag.

The ruined area doesn't appear to be Venice or London, which look like they are going to be the two main locations that Peter is at.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Homecoming didn't crack it because it was coming from Sony's brand damaging movies but still did higher end of the MCU numbers

...and this is coming off Endgame

I personally think this will do so much better than Homecoming and Raimi's SM3. I'm predicting 200 million opening week(it opens on a Tuesday and during a holiday) with 450+ domestic and 1.2 billion worldwide.

I think the End Game push and the fact that this is finally Spidey's time to rise up to be the face of the franchise gets it that far. Or I'm falling for the hype, we'll see.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna be soooooo bummed if there isn't actual multiverse shit in this movie

If I had to put money on it, I'd say there won't be any real multiverse stuff in Far From Home.

I think Mysterio is pulling a fast one on Parker and Fury by telling them he's from another universe. At the end of the day, he's going to be a con man and an opportunist and I think this is the best direction they could take the character since you'll potentially have two of the Sinister Six who know Spider-man's identity.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to put money on it, I'd say there won't be any real multiverse stuff in Far From Home.

I think Mysterio is pulling a fast one on Parker and Fury by telling them he's from another universe. At the end of the day, he's going to be a con man and an opportunist and I think this is the best direction they could take the character since you'll potentially have two of the Sinister Six who know Spider-man's identity.

would be awesome if they play it like the twist is that it's all mysterio and then the post credits stinger shows a realm of kings-esque space/time fault

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Notice

When fury says you are a hard man to find Spider-Man ,

"You are a hard man to find"
Is spoken in a different location to "Spider-Man. You can hear it in the audio and background echo

Also
MJ does not think Parker is Spider-Man she is mocking him jokingly. The only reason she says it makes sense is in response to Parker saying "that's nonsense" . She is agreeing with Parker that it's nonsense to think Parker is Spider-Man and then peter makes the furrow face responding without words " why do you think it's nonsense"

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I am glad we're getting the Peter/Fury mentor relationship going on. It was one of the best things about Ultimate Spider-man.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
would be awesome if they play it like the twist is that it's all mysterio and then the post credits stinger shows a realm of kings-esque space/time fault

Yeah, I think if there's any real multiverse stuff in Far From Home, it'll be some kind of deep-cut easter egg and not necessarily integral to the plot of the film.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Mysterio doesn't become the villain in this movie. I'd like to see it build up over multiple movies. Jake Gyllenhal looks like he's doing good work in this trailer

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
looks great and it feels like it will be a full length end credits scene we didn't get at the end of endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm into it. That'd be a fun double swerve if they said he was from the multiverse, reveal he isn't and is just an asshole, then tease the real multiverse in the credits anyway. Like asshole beck made up something that sounded plausible and is accidentally right.
VzBNS7W.png

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The ruined area doesn't appear to be Venice or London, which look like they are going to be the two main locations that Peter is at.

Further telling me that some shit went down in the other unniverse.

Besides... consider that Mysterio is a Villain in disguise here.

There are only 2 ways for him to get exposed... he either reveals his plans... or he gets exposed.

So, what im going with as a Theory is that Alternate reality Peter gets killed by Mysterio. But manages to somehow send a message/thing of power to the other side to warn our World and keep it away from Mysterio. Mysterio is seeking out for whatever that is and to cover himself up he creates those Elementals that he keeps Defeating as a way to justify his searches, get assistance from Nick Fury and not get shit from the destruction he causes.

That way you still have Mysterio is a con man and whatever it is he is seeking, is the kick off point to whatever the next Big Crossover is

Oct 27, 2017
Further telling me that some shit went down in the other unniverse.

Besides... consider that Mysterio is a Villain in disguise here.

There are only 2 ways for him to get exposed... he either reveals his plans... or he gets exposed.

So, what im going with as a Theory is that Alternate reality Peter gets killed by Mysterio. But manages to somehow send a message/thing of power to the other side to warn our World and keep it away from Mysterio. Mysterio is seeking out for whatever that is and to cover himself up he creates those Elementals that he keeps Defeating as a way to justify his searches, get assistance from Nick Fury and not get shit from the destruction he causes.

That way you still have Mysterio is a con man and whatever it is he is seeking, is the kick off point to whatever the next Big Crossover is

I'm looking at the teaser and it looks like Fury and Hill are in those ruins. The sign next to them is in italian so it is in Italy but not Venice:

https://youtu.be/DYYtuKyMtY8?t=97

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I really like the Iron Spider suit. I think it was my most used in the recent Spider-Man game. I just love how the eyes glow. It looked cool at night.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
TLql3Su.jpg

This fucking suit...

There is one scene in the new trailer where we see Peter working with Tony Stark's stuff and i think he is designing that suit... maybe a nice way for peter to start using a Suit of his own design and stop being in Tony's shadow... the Gauntlet he has in the trailer is similar to this one in this suit...

RnA2Ewv.jpg

But if that aint it, then i don't know what is up with that Black Red suit

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone assuming MJ actually knows Peter is Spider-Man when deadpan fucking with him is like her thing in the MCU? There could be a line right after that where she's like "No I'm fucking with you of course you aren't Spider-Man" so that the trailer is a fake-out. I mean, it's obvious as hell that he's Spider-Man and MJ knew in the Ultimate comics, but there's just as much evidence that she knows that there is that she's fucking with him.

Also did nobody see Doctor Strange or Endgame? The number of "Oh they're introducing multiverses now?" comments are crazy, they've been prominently featured/talked about in Doctor Strange and Avengers: Endgame, as well as being hinted at and explored in Ant-Man and its sequel too. They aren't introducing jack in Spider-Man lol they've talked about them in 4 other movies.

Speaking of that, if they use the multiverse to just dump mutants into the MCU instead of organically integrating them I'm gonna be pissed, that is some bullshit. They already said the snap caused enormous levels of cosmic energy to wash over Earth, and then there were two more snaps five years later. All that cosmic energy could just as easily fuck with people's genes and create mutants instead of them just walking into the MCU through a fuckin' portal. Literally the most uninspired, laziest way to introduce mutants should they actually take that route.

But it's Mysterio and you should never trust Mysterio so we'll see!

Really hope they don't waste Gyllenhall as a one off jobbed out villain.
They almost assuredly won't. They've already introduced 3 of the 6 Sinister Six, and Mysterio is #4. So it feels like Marvel is absolutely setting up Sinister Six for Spidey 3 or if they're able to renew the deal. There's also the rumor of a Thunderbolts series of movies and Mysterio could/would be in those, too. Someone mentioned he could be the new Loki to the MCU and I think that'd be a good role for him, fingers crossed Sony doesn't fuck everything up!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone assuming MJ actually knows Peter is Spider-Man when deadpan fucking with him is like her thing in the MCU?

Because like she said, it's obvious. And the end of Homecoming makes it look like she's on the cusp of figuring it out. If she's joking, then whatever, but there's nothing wrong with sticking with that assumption.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
They almost assuredly won't. They've already introduced 3 of the 6 Sinister Six, and Mysterio is #4. So it feels like Marvel is absolutely setting up Sinister Six for Spidey 3 or if they're able to renew the deal. There's also the rumor of a Thunderbolts series of movies and Mysterio could/would be in those, too. Someone mentioned he could be the new Loki to the MCU and I think that'd be a good role for him, fingers crossed Sony doesn't fuck everything up!

I doubt Marvel would make such central characters in MCU that Sony owns.

Oct 26, 2017
FOUND IT!!

What the hell is up with the Black/Red suit on 2:17 in the trailer?

Peter starts with the Iron Spider suit

Gets his regular Blue/Red suit from nick fury/happy

then he gets the Stealth suit.

But then, in the trailer, we get Red/Black spiderman suit only in day shots in a ruined area.

That's been driving me up a wall in this trailer. I still think that's either Miles or Alternate peter and the reveal is that Mysterio killed Peter in his world and fled to ours and is trying to sell himself a hero to our Dimension while on his, he was a scumbag.

He starts with the Iron Spider suit in NY.
Aunt May packs his homecoming suit which he finds in Venice (see old international trailer)
Gets Shield branded Stealth Suit for Prague
Creates Red & Black suit (probably) on Happy's jet for London. at 2:17 he's swinging on Tower Bridge.

The part where he swings through NY in the homecoming suit is possibly a trailer edit of the Red & Black suit at the end of the movie, but idk.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
TLql3Su.jpg

This fucking suit...

There is one scene in the new trailer where we see Peter working with Tony Stark's stuff and i think he is designing that suit... maybe a nice way for peter to start using a Suit of his own design and stop being in Tony's shadow... the Gauntlet he has in the trailer is similar to this one in this suit...

RnA2Ewv.jpg

But if that aint it, then i don't know what is up with that Black Red suit

I have been waiting impatiently for Peter to start making the costume his own again so I'd love it if you were right and this is him really taking ownership of it now

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm into it. That'd be a fun double swerve if they said he was from the multiverse, reveal he isn't and is just an asshole, then tease the real multiverse in the credits anyway. Like asshole beck made up something that sounded plausible and is accidentally right.
VzBNS7W.png

Uh. Then we'd have 200+ pages of spoiler OT where nothing happens except people who paid attention to the movie argue with people who clearly didn't.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda off topic but while watching the Raimi movies I always got the impression that he'd rather be making Superman movies.
And I think Raimi Superman movies would have been hotter than Raimi Spiderman movies.

I have long thought that the first Spider-Raimi movie felt like you were watching Superman. And explains why Peter Parker is so at times milquetoast.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why is everyone assuming MJ actually knows Peter is Spider-Man when deadpan fucking with him is like her thing in the MCU? There could be a line right after that where she's like "No I'm fucking with you of course you aren't Spider-Man" so that the trailer is a fake-out. I mean, it's obvious as hell that he's Spider-Man and MJ knew in the Ultimate comics, but there's just as much evidence that she knows that there is that she's fucking with him.
If Vulture can figure out Peter is Spider-Man from just Liz off hand comment about Peter and the homecoming field trip, then MJ who's actually there can probably figure it out on her own.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Iron Man was defacto character of MCU and they are hyping Spider-Man to be next defacto character. A character they dont own rights.

I guess you could say they are just getting hyped for event/team up movies but even Sony gets money from them

Spider-Man is the best known superhero in the world. Putting him into The Avengers and other teamups enhances their audience potential. That's basically it. It's a mutually beneficial licensing deal for Sony and Disney.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

The prior assumption in this has to be that brighter people who know Peter have figured out that he's Spider-Man. MJ's main skill is observation. It would be a hard sell to have her oblivious given all the clues she has access to.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
After viewing the trailer a few times, it's pretty clear when Peter says, "The world needs the next Iron Man", he's not talking about himself, so everyone can just chill with the "They're turning Spider-Man into the next Iron Man" thing. He's probably talking to Beck (or someone with glasses), saying that he could be the next Iron Man due to the tech in his suit and seemingly being a more veteran "hero".