• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2017
Man at least give devs the power to do what they want with the more efficient chip. Let them choose to make the clocks higher for their games.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guess what, it also costs 2/3 of the new model.

Pay less, have less.

Incredible, isn't int?

The difference in features isn't offset by the price. I would buy a lite for 149 tops. I want a switch and i want one for under 200, but I think it isn't worth the asked price at all.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
That's great but I'll wait for a teardown to see if there are any other changes, no matter how miniscule.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Because I assume this will replace the OG Switch (same price), which means that the Lite now has less battery life than the mainline Switch on the market

Edit: pointless was a bad word choice but I meant that in terms of battery life the Lite's battery is now a con and not a pro

Edit 2: compared to the main model I mean. Overall it's of course a good thing that there's a new Switch model out there with better battery life
I guess I see what you mean now.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
fuuuuck

battery life is my biggest incentive to upgrade and they come out with this huge increase?

i might have to sell my og switch and get this...

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We will probably see some minor speed differences in the newer model as well. I hope they did not skimp on the screens like they usually do in later revisions. Cause I am getting ready for the posts of the "screen lottery" of the new Switch.

We might see the same speed difference like with Xbox One and Xbox One S.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I hardly use the handheld aspect of the Switch so this doesn't matter much to me. Great for those who play on the go a lot though.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How to make sure nobody is going to buy a Switch this summer :
Announce a cheaper revision for September
Announce an updated version of the regular SKU with better battery for the end of August.
Profit!
Whatever they are selling in these months will be nothing compared to the Holiday numbers.

There isn't really a perfect time for these kind of announcements, just was important to have both revisions out by the Holidays.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will I actually be buying the Grey Edition this time? Already got Neon Switch, bought the opposite colors as well, and more Neon doesn't really make sense. Super disappointed at no bundle with new color joycons.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome! I would have expected Nintendo to just give us a smaller battery (keeping battery life the same between models) to increase margins.

If there are other improvements, I might just sell my og model and get the new one.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Hm... I was planning to pick up a Lite but this is tempting as will exclusively play in handheld mode and a larger screen and battery is nice.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The difference in features isn't offset by the price. I would buy a lite for 149 tops. I want a switch and i want one for under 200, but I think it isn't worth the asked price at all.

Let's see what the market decides.

My opinion and your opinion are worthless, it's the consumer that will decide if the price is right.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is NOT a battery upgrade. It is a die shrink from 20nm to 16nm of the cpu/gpu that requires less power at the same cpu/gpu frequency

Basically this means that extra performance in undocked mode is out of the question

However there COULD still be a frequency increse in docked mode..

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering upgrading just because of the inevitable joy con replacement I may have coming up. A new new device feels like it may be a good idea (and I can sell my old one).

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any official price cut announced for the current stock of regular Switches?

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Guess what, it also costs 2/3 of the new model.

Pay less, have less.

Incredible, isn't int?
The Lite is also cleaner looking, has multiple system color options, has less parts, and smaller. I think there is enough differentiation in products and value offering to the point that both variants have clearly defined spots in the marketplace. No idea why people feel this makes the Lite obsolete before it even launches.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
So I guess Lite and this "New" Switch this year, and potential Switch Pro/XL/Deluxe next year.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a nice battery upgrade, but i would love 2 modes. A power mode keeps the same battery length as the og model with higher clocks, and a battery-saving mode og clocks with better battery.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Are people really trying to pull the 'early adopters got screwed' nonsense???? It's been over TWO YEARS omfg

It's crazy. On one hand you've got people acting like two years ago is short enough for early adopters to get screwed over, and on the other you've got people thinking that two years is ages ago and already asking for a Switch 2 with PS4-like graphics and 512GB of internal storage that wouldn't exist for under $799. (And they would probably say that price is unacceptable, too). <resetera.gif>

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but I was under the impression that tweets from NoA were automated and scheduled in advance.

Hmm probably, and they just tweeted the Luigi's Mansion 3 release date literally as I posted that haha

It's up on their website already anyway. Not sure why they didn't tweet it but whatever, it's still coming.

Dec 23, 2017
This is for new owners. Not for people that have a switch. At least how I see it. I'm good. I don't play my switch enough. I can wait for switch 2 full upgrade. Only plan on getting three games the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.