• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's metrics. The Pokémon Company may have diverged from Directs entirely so that they can collect more focused marketing data, i.e. 100,000 people watched saw this Pokémon Presents, whereas with a Direct they wouldn't be sure who paid attention to which announcements.
I agree, though that last direct needed all the help it could get lol.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Another potential option are is that it is a split evoultion of Tsarena/Husian Tsarenna

600px-762Steenee.png

600px-763Tsareena.png

She is a queen fruit after all

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This will probably end up being my favourite Pokémon game. Everything just looks so good and I loved this trailer. Wish I could say the same for the DP remakes.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to like this, but whenever I see that footage the world just looks completely dead to me :(

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fifth Warden mon is probably the alternate Surf mon with Waterfall, since you can switch rides on Basculegion. Rock Climb mon may encompass some other land HMs

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Fifth Warden mon is probably the alternate Surf mon with Waterfall, since you can switch rides on Basculegion. Rock Climb mon may encompass some other land HMs
We know Basculegion can jump off waterfalls -- we just don't know if it can climb them. Although its backstory is that Basculegion was the fish that survived the journey upstream, so it might have both Surf and Waterfall functionality.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The setup here seems very gen 7 with the wardens being like captains and the noble pokemon being like totems. Obviously not 1 to 1 but it's the first thing that came to mind

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Nobel Pokemon concept reminds me of Totem Pokemon from Sun & Moon, and I am totally down for that! I'm a fan of big boss Pokemon that need a little more effort to take down. Dynamax in Sword and Shield was a stronger concept for single-player/co-op battles than vs. battles in my opinion.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Did they really confirm abilities are gone? If so I'm okay with that since there's no Pokémon online battles afaik.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is the most I've excited I've been about Pokemon this century!

I speculated that there'd be rival Pokemon experts out in the game, leading to pointed confrontations in each area. It's classic Pokemon design in a whole new light with true exploration and freedom. And the mounted traversal system is looking incredible! Flying, sailing, riding, etc - the stuff of dreams.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized we are going to have Noble Pokémon bosses and the enraged Pokémon. I wonder if the enraged Pokémon are going to function as a mini boss or if they are going to randomly happen like blood moons in BOTW?

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
Man I want to be excited for this but the visuals are just soooo bland. It looks like a free to play game. And Pokemon Unite looks 10x better

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I just realized we are going to have Noble Pokémon bosses and the enraged Pokémon. I wonder if the enraged Pokémon are going to function as a mini boss or if they are going to randomly happen like blood moons in BOTW?
They refer to the enraged pokemon as larger pokemon with glowing eyes and called them Alphas. You also see in the Japanese trailer we get attacked by electivire and like 3 electabuzz at the same time, so they also could have group encounters, which would be cool

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
What is a split evolution?

A alternate/branching evolution as opposed to the usual linear stages of evolution

i.e. Slowpoke has a split evolution because it can turn into either Slowbro or Slowking. Meowth doesn't have a split evolution because it can only turn into Persian.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Does anyone remember the 1998 Warner Bros. animated film "Quest For Camelot" in which the villain makes armor-plated, axe-handed goons out of mysterious liquid and magic?

latest.png

that's Kleavor

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
A alternate/branching evolution as opposed to the usual linear stages of evolution

i.e. Slowpoke has a split evolution because it can turn into either Slowbro or Slowking. Meowth doesn't have a split evolution because it can only turn into Persian.
Oh I know what a split evo is but I just realized that I worded my question poorly haha. I wanted to know which Pokémon is supposed to be a split evolution of Tsarena because they only showed Scyther's new evo in the trailer.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I'm waiting for word of mouth around release, but I'm even more intrigued after this trailer.

It's very welcome after the incredibly bland Diamond/Pearl remake trailer which still gave me absolutely no reason to buy them.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Scizor despite being an evolution actually has the same stat total as Scyther, but rearranged.

Wonder if Kleavor will be the same?

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Looks better than before for sure. If they could make the landscapes looks less barren in the distance it would be a lot better.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Any similarity to Alola and its Totems is a good thing.
Johto Sinnoh and Alola the holy trinity of games.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Frame rate massively better. Graphics are utterly dreadful though. Some of those textures are just horrendous.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care for the graphics discussion, but for an open world game, this looks barren. The town they've shown, in particular, feels surprisingly sparse in architecture when compared to other games of this nature, even on Switch.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nobles are story bosses a la Totems. Alphas look like optional mini bosses, like Unique Monsters/Tyrants in Xenoblade

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
When you have a simultaneous anime which is well dubbed, why don't your games have voice acting? Everything falls flat without it. Game will probably be decent but I really wish they'd bring the franchise into the modern era.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OH!

The cowboy character is totally related to Clay from Unova...even has the same jewel on his hat.

Clay is said to be an immigrant to Unova in the backstory so it isn't too surprising.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It simultaneously looks like the most ambitious Pokemon game yet (yay!), and I can't help but feel there's still some missed potential. The lack of voice acting is inexcusable in 2021 for the biggest media franchise on the planet. And I know, I know, it's the Switch, but some of these textures are really quite awful.

That being said, the movement when you're riding Pokemon looks super fluid, and I cannot wait to *finally* see a real evolution for the series. Day 1!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

So looks like you lose all your items when you faint here, however there is an item you can buy called the substitution amulet that will disappear instead of all your items