• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats with these meta incompassing posts like "look how impatient you children are compared to me the most patient and understanding user on resetera" we get it, you have a high horse, but i also have a high horse, because now im making fun of those people, oh god, i cant get down from
This horse, please send help!

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Whats with these meta incompassing posts like "look how impatient you children are compared to me the most patient and understanding user on resetera" we get it, you have a high horse, but i also have a high horse, because now im making fun of those people, oh god, i cant get down from
This horse, please send help!

Well, at least you didn't say 'stop tone policing' while simultaneously tone policing again, for the 50th time.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, at least you didn't say 'stop tone policing' while simultaneously tone policing again, for the 50th time.

stop tone policing
SerenePersonalChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

If i dont tone cop the tone police, then who will, and i also need someone tone police the tone police cops. We need a system of goverment around tone policing. Whose gonna be the tone president, will there be an election? What about a monarchy?

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The ad is fine. I don't see how people find it "weird", it's just a cool cinematic for a video game brand. Would've loved if it actually teased upcoming titles though.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Not as good as the first ad, and a bit weird, but you can tell the "floodgates" are opening.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. Reminds of the PS4 era Greatness Awaits commercials.

Yes! This is exactly what it reminds me of too. Love the visuals and music, it's a very creative brand ad like the greatness awaits ones. Except now its "play has no limits".

These are the voyages of the starship fleet Playstation. Its mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no game has gone before! 😂

Good vibes

Nov 8, 2017
Won't consumers be confused as to what a PlayStation is by watching these ads? Yes this is sarcasm. No, I still don't care for these types of ads. Hopefully Wednesday we get a launch lineup. That's what gets me excited.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I appreciate their oddness. PlayStation generally has a good sense of what gamers will think is cool, at least post-Marcus, and this is cool even if it's basically nonsense.

Man if they actually announce a $399 PS5 this week I will be so hype! Starting to get excited. Could be the first gen I don't wait for a price cut.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I mean it looks cool but I always wonder if these artsy ads actually get anyone to buy into things. Their budget seems magnitudes greater than just, y'know, showing the thing you're trying to sell.

I think it's more to keep the brand name in people's head then to sell the console (hence why they just show the playstation name, not playstation 5). Brand name itself has a lot of power to sell. I mean I will argue that the reason PS survived the PS3 debacle so well is because brand name was so strong (they still had enough name to convince 3rd parties not to leave for one). You want to keep the brand recent and in people's thoughts. And associated with the things you want it associated with (here they want it associated with adventure and going beyond and experiencing new stuff).

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This marketing campaign is teetering towards the early PS3 marketing in terms of tone.
Not even close, PS1, 2 and 3 marketing where god tier. It all went downhill with cringy "us gamer unite" nonsense during the PS4 gen, it seems they are continuing just that during this generation and I hate it. Weird 90/2000's sony was the best sony

Agni

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
Play has no limits? Sony encouraging children to play for many days straight leading to fainting, hospitalizations, and worse. Sending this irresponsible advertising to all major media outlets in the United States of Fox.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I like these ads, they're imaginative. Even if they're not relevant to actual games. I did not like the PS3/PSP ads though, those were uncomfortable.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
They put this weird shit out because people talk about it and they go over it with a fine tooth comb for deets.

Probably will have a part 2 later this week where we see what's beyond the veil.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'm concerned confused grandmas will buy her grandkids cruises to the edge of a flat world.

Awful ad though.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I've been waiting for you all to have found all the easter eggs and hints. You off your game.