• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
The cover or the outfit?
Cuz in panel in dont think id describe this as horny:
Rx5Gfuj.png

The cover is SUPER horny for sure but in general the outfit leans into the horny area for the reasons Princess Bubblegum described earlier.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... horny energy IS fitting for some characters, isn't it? Is the prevailing opinion here these days that ALL sexualized character design is a negative in all instances? If the answer is yes, I don't really want to offer a rebuttal, I guess I'm just curious if that's where we are.

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
I also gotta say: while Iceman is my favorite character in this roster (and I really hope they highlight how much of a heavy hitter the dude's become), the most interesting addition to the team is Havok, despite his powers being the most redundant.

Alex has been on a downward spiral for a while now (arguably starting in Uncanny Avengers), and his mental state has been worrisome since the Inversion he experienced from Red Onslaught was shoddily "patched." Even when stable and trying to be a leader, he's come off as an unreliable loser for a while (especially when Rosenburg was writing him). He's probably the person who is LEAST ready to be on the X-Men right now, but that's likely exactly why he's there .

I'm hoping he'll get a redemption arc and recover, but given how closely the X-Office seems to be working with Zeb Wells and his Spidey run (and how Wells handled Alex in Hellions), there's a good chance he'll be mostly on the team to cause conflict.
I enjoyed Havok a lot in Uncanny Avengers, but any development he had there was abandoned just to be followed up by that awful villain plot they gave him. As you mentioned, the guy just became a loser (and this is quite a change for someone who was the leader of the Unity Squad).