• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
This... everything about all this fanboyish nonsense... is what embarrassing looks like.

how the fuck is calling out stupidity on the other thread fanboyism? I barely engaged in that thread

I don't even care about this game, I just wanted to bring attention to the embarrassment that was the discourse that was happening there.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I think the problem is, they game got huge expectations before it was even announced.

If i recall right, it was Jason that said "TLOU with TLOU2 Graphics and gameplay". So expectations where set back then. I don't recall Sony/ND ever hinting the game having "Huge" or "extensive" game play improvements, let alone being on par with TLOU2.

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Attempting to start cross-thread drama. Don’t mass quote 32 people to try to start fights.
Reading the "bizarre" replies earlier in the thread, I did a quick search.

Cash grab/scam:
Remake my ass just seen that gameplay this is a shameless remaster job cash grab in every sense
This stinks. Sure, the graphics are nice but the remaster already looked good. This is just a cash grab for the few folks who see the HBO show that wanna play the game .
Cash grab confirmed?
80€ for this is a scam.
the 70 Dollar cash grab is for the easy pickings and Sony probably made this solely with the new PSPlus in mind it was probably done as quick and cheap as possible to throw on the service and use for marketing
This is such an obvious cash grab. It should have been bundled with a soft remaster for PS5 version of TLOU-2 as TLOU saga or something.
What a cash grab lol
Can't believe people are justifying this, hey I'm not pocket watching, but this looks like a cash grab to me.
Sony deserves all the backlash because charging $70 was just pure TV tie in cash grab greed. I'm sure it's going to be pretty (it's the TLOU2 engine so we know what to expect), but no MP nothing extra and this is the third release in 10 years? Just no
I don't know what positive there is to say about this cash grab. It's a full price 70 bucks title, not a 20 bucks upgrade for something that has almost no improvements and for the improvements it does have, like on the graphical site in some (not all) situations and areas, you get rewarded with a lower resolution so this game can even hold the 60fps. There really isn't much positive here after all that shameful marketing.
Shameful release. It doesn't even look better than TLOU2 it in fact looks worse to me. Feels like a cheap money grab smh. I'll pass
I haven't watched the footage because reading about it is disappointing enough but if the remake only amounts to a visual and animations upgrade while they charge £70 for this then the people at PlayStation are actually sick. This would be their most egregious decision out of some terrible ones made recently.

Liars/Lazy developers:
This is so disappointing. Not because they made a pretty 70$ remaster, but because they lied about gameplay changes.
From those videos you can see it is basically the same game with a, in my opinion, modest coat of paint, 0 gameplay improvements, 0 IA improvements.
If the leaked videos/images are indeed indicative of the whole final game, Neil was simply lying at Geoff´s show.
So did Naughty Dog lie to us? I thought they said it would have new gameplay.
Man that is some serious misleading marketing.
Sony really is at an all time peak with their bullshit these days. And shame on Naughty Dog for perpetuating it.
Love that they are charging not just full price, but their new premium pricing for it as well lol
Amazing
Damn, ND. Pretty shameful to talk big about improvements and it's only new paint, control options, accessibility, and not even the multiplayer being brought back.
t's the same shitty practice that rockstar used not showing gameplay and it absolutely deserves to be called out hiding gameplay because they know would lead to less sales is shameful practice be up front about what your selling and everyone would be much more easy going on what we've got here a new paint job
This is so disappointing, especially considering this is probably my favourite game series.
How hard would it have been to slightly amend encounter design and incorporate the gameplay changes that made TLOU2 so immense?
And the marketing…
Seemingly a lazy effort.
Aha but that's probably the part that would make this not an easy port anymore spending more money on actual game development.. Seems to me they reskinned the game with LOU2 engine and called it a day from what I can make out it's cheap easy to produce and slap the 80 dollar price tag for the easy pickings who want it day 1 then throw on PSPLUS essential after like 4 weeks or so as a marketing tool
Most people here are seemingly more pissed off about the misleading marketing and buzzwords that they used for promoting the game especially at the game awards show by lead of naughty dog Neil Druckmann the game is so close to release they could have easily shown some gameplay most of the negative criticism would have easily been avoided if they were honest and upfront about what where getting here but they weren't because they knew preorders would take a hit it's telling that the trailers used are all from cutscenes only.
and it's already gold.
They can't show gameplay but can mislead, open preorders, and start taking money.

The Nefarious and Strange Hiding Gameplay Conspiracy:
very scummy imo to hide gameplay from the official reveal and still have pre-orders go live on the same day
We are away 44 days of release and no gameplay shown yet. And the game is already at gold stage. This is strange...
It was announced over a month ago, and went gold five days ago.
Genuinely is strange they didn't just show gameplay on reveal. Would have avoided all of this.
My worry is that all it is graphical changes and no gameplay changes [in terms of feel and/or mechanics]. The fact we didn't see this back in June and we had to see it through leaks is kinda strange. Especially for a game that was 3 months away

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

I remember that tweet from a dev saying this was one of the bigger project he ever was and it was not a crash grab, i dont know man
Now that's a tweet that has the potential to backfire a lot.
If that shitty melee animation makes it into the final game, ND is about to become a meme for a while.
Yeah, this tweet needs a remake 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well he might be right, it isn't just a cash grab, it's a complete scam since they were talking about a "ground up remake" and "improved gameplay and animations" lol

Some dumb drivel from Reddit:
Well, according the mod on r/gamingleaksandrumors, the leaks are related because of -wait for it- crunch. They also said it was numerous people & Ragnarok might be next. So yeah… I also don't think naughty dog devs are lying when they say no crunch was involved. Rather, I think the crunch has just shifted from Sony's developers to contracted Qa testers, which is not only completely horse shit, but also aworthy argument for jim Ryan to be fired! Instead of fixing something that is a clear problem for them, he would much rather just let lower drones suffer. absolute clown shit!

But sure, y'all were just talking about silencers and going prone and the rhetoric and tone of the thread was fair and fine :)

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
The enemy AI being improved is nice (as is accessibility features from part 2 , but otherwise it seems like just better graphics and cool extras, but even then this doesn't warrant close to $70 dollars. This should've been a 10-20 dollar upgrade.

I stand by what I said in the other thread, tho the price point looks slightly less bad now. Zero improvements to gamplay aside from the better AI is a giant shame.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Cash grab/scam:

Liars/Lazy developers:

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

But sure, y'all were just talking about silencers and going prone and the rhetoric and tone of the thread was fair and fine :)

So 32 posts out of 1,8k? We are looking at a single digit percentage of people saying dumb shit while the vast majority, vast majority were arguing in good faith.

2B-

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 2, 2022

Cash grab/scam:

Liars/Lazy developers:

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

"I really hope we're not just blanket labeling any critique as toxic again.."

I've said it before but people on here like to think they're above the general toxicity you see on the internet but given an opportunity to insult and harrass devs, boy do people love taking it.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Cash grab/scam:

Liars/Lazy developers:

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

The $70 price tag is toxic

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Everyone on the first pages "lol at the other thread" "the other one aged like milk".

But did it? Did it really? Nobody (really) denied that the game looks good and in some areas even a lot better than the OG remaster (which immediately gets ruined with not having real 4K60 anymore), but does this presentation really shows the gameplay changes and gameplay and feature improvements everyone was promised to or is everyone just pointing fingers now just because ND did "something" in reaction even tho nothing really changed about what was criticized?

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
Oh wow, stupid reactions were stupid and the game looks like TLOU2 with a few visuals/physics enhancements and some gameplay improvement, without a complete area redesign to allow TLOU2-style enemy encounters.

Which is exactly what was shown in June...

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Looks good. Will buy day one. Will finish over the weekend and then will sell. Still not worth 70 bucks (very few games are imo)

T0kenAussie

Banned
Jan 15, 2020

Cash grab/scam:

Liars/Lazy developers:

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

Lol 0.3% of posts but ok I guess we need to build a whole straw man for that

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the AI can loose track of you if you hide once you've been detected. In the original they always know where you are once just one AI-entity has detected you. Also the scenarios where they spawn reinforcements after you used stealth to kill everyone off are hopefully changed. If I'm skilled enough to kill everyone using stealth, don't punish me by spawning new enemies behind my back

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
So 32 posts out of 1,8k? We are looking at a single digit percentage of people saying dumb shit while the vast majority, vast majority were arguing in good faith.

toxicity is toxicity regardless of the number of good faith posts that outweigh it. I get that some were voicing dissatisfaction but those 32 posts honestly felt like they were setting the tone for the rest of thread.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How many posts actually said this about naughty dog? Seriously. Had to be like 0.2% of posts in that thread. The reaction was mostly very reasonable opinions about the gameplay and the price.

Just read this very thread. Nothing toxic about it. It's just a ridiculous defense force. It's okay that someone doesn't feel the same way as you. That doesn't make it toxic

Yeah 100%

This thread didn't go the way the first page gotcha gang thought it would. Absolute thread backfire for them

The last thread was 99% the same in tone as this one, with just a handful of idiots saying dumb stuff (who were hopefully reported and banned for doing so)

In fact, the only ban I'm aware of was someone implying the people with concerns were probably the same people who were mad at TLOU2 for being "too woke"

It's been exhausting taking about this game anyway, I've never seen so many people get so much pushback and resistance for having legitimate concerns, and the first page of this thread is truly and utterly bizarre

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, will play this when it hits PSN Extra.
Reviews will be interesting. Let's see if pricing will be taken into account.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Beautiful. I can't wait to be blown away.

This is a game I play once a year and it's easily the best way to experience it, so it's well worth whatever price they're asking for.

Deleted member 119070

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 19, 2022

Cash grab/scam:

Liars/Lazy developers:

Dunking on a developer:
2k2qDUX.png

Yeah the game for 80€ is literally a scam.

How can you justify a 80€ price for a remake that has less content than the original game? Because this scam comes without online LMAO.

This should have been 40€ max, like the RE remakes.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Calling it a cash grab isn't toxic. Like 70% of the quoted posts are quite tame to be honest, this isn't really some gotcha.

It looks solid if you want to play The Last of Us again, more so if it's your first playthrough. It firmly looks like a remaster - just the same as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered. The biggest issue seems to be the price point.

Besides that the leaks showed the same kinds of AI pathfinding errors and odd behaviour as the original release, so the talk of improved AI rings hollow.
Activision out of all companies gave us a complete remake of THPS 1+2 combined for 50 bucks added in mechanics from future games as well, while TLOU1 is 70 bucks, more expensive than the original, but with less content and very minimal gameplay improvements.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
toxicity is toxicity regardless of the number of good faith posts that outweigh it. I get that some were voicing dissatisfaction but those 32 posts honestly felt like they were setting the tone for the rest of thread.

Nobody is saying that the thread didn't have some dumb posts, but painting the whole thread and the people arguing in good faith as "toxic" or even demanding to ban them; like some posts we saw here, especially in the first page, it's pretty pathetic.

There's one side of ND fans that can't accept legit criticism and the other side of people getting way too personal regarding pricing and gameplay details.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
twitter was a mistake

fanboys fighting on both sides,why do people defend billion dollar company's like its their life goal

xbox vs ps fanboys is the worst shit

Rotimi

Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
"I really hope we're not just blanket labeling any critique as toxic again.."

I've said it before but people on here like to think they're above the general toxicity you see on the internet but given an opportunity to insult and harrass devs, boy do people love taking it.
This insulting devs narrative is funny. Yes there's some weird comments and those need to be called out. But reality is Sony is the publisher, and are responsible for what I consider an overpriced game. Many of the criticisms are for Sony not ND.

As I said in the previous thread, if it was an EA, majority would be fine with someone calling it a cash grab. Most would not remember they have devs under them.
I get you would defend what you like but calling others toxic for criticism is wrong.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Everyone on the first pages "lol at the other thread" "the other one aged like milk".

But did it? Did it really? Nobody (really) denied that the game looks good and in some areas even a lot better than the OG remaster (which immediately gets ruined with not having real 4K60 anymore), but does this presentation really shows the gameplay changes and gameplay and feature improvements everyone was promised to or is everyone just pointing fingers now just because ND did "something" in reaction even tho nothing really changed about what was criticized?

Yeah I fully agree.

I saw this thread before watching the video and was fully expecting previous footage to be completely debunked from some of the comments.

This official video has just confirmed that the focus is on graphical improvements, audio and haptics. From the comments made during the reveal I was expecting a little more in terms of level design changes and movement so this still isn't a buy for me at release but I would still be interested in picking it up down the line.

Deleted member 119070

Banned
Jun 19, 2022
Calling it a cash grab isn't toxic. Like 70% of the quoted posts are quite tame to be honest, this isn't really some gotcha.

Activision out of all companies gave us a complete remake of THPS 1+2 combined for 50 bucks added in mechanics from future games as well, while TLOU1 is 70 bucks, more expensive than the original, but with less content and very minimal gameplay improvements.
Exactly this LMAO. People are defending a multi billion dollar company for selling us a 80€ remake with less content than the original game.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Nobody is saying that the thread didn't have some dumb posts, but painting the whole thread and the people arguing in good faith as "toxic" or even demanding to ban them; like some posts we saw here, especially in the first page, it's pretty pathetic.

There's one side of ND fans that can't accept legit criticism and the other side of people getting way too personal regarding pricing and gameplay details.

I really don't fall in either camp as I am not invested in this game or it's success nor do I have an affinity for this studio whatsoever. I just remember the thread (at least at the point where I got in) had a lot embarrassing takes like the ones that was listed in the other post here and wanted that shit to stop and let actual critical discourse happen here instead.

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
32? Nah, aim higher. But whatever, I won't even buy this game and I fully understand the dissatisfaction regarding price or expectations. The tone of part of that thread tho? Embarrassing.

Lol 0.3% of posts but ok I guess we need to build a whole straw man for that
"Lol" indeed. Have a good day, mate ;)

Who is tricking you?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like what I expected from the game when we first started hearing about it, looks great and I'm glad they've put a lot of thought into the accessibility options for newcomers or people who couldn't really play the original game. Plus some good quality of life improvements.

I'm not going to be able to play the game day 1, but it's something I look forward to playing.

plow

Oct 28, 2017

How can you justify a 80€ price for a remake that has less content than the original game? Because this scam comes without online LMAO.

This should have been 40€ max, like the RE remakes.

I googled the definition of SCAM for you:

"an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people"

How are they trying to trick people into buying this game, when they've just shown a 10 Minute Video of the game lol?

Fuckin lol, people throw words around here without even knowing what they mean. It's exhausting and honestly pretty embarassing.

Rotimi

Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Men that first page is legit hilarious. Anyway the visuals look incredible but not worth full price for me. I have played the better game in terms of gameplay in part 2. No prone or dodge as simple as that is. Is a deal breaker for me. This should be a $60 game at best. Anyway excitement moves to GOW

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I wouldnt call it a cash grab.

They just saw an effecient opportunity to get you to spend 70 bucks.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2022-07-22_at_08.38.53.png

So I'm pretty sure that the two on the middle and bottom left are young Joel skins but when they hover over the grey one he still looks old? I really, really hope they let us play through the main game as young Joel, it's always been that one thing the original game never did that I've always wanted. I'd really hate it if it was just two skins for him when you're playing the opening and he's still older for the rest of the game.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
I was really hoping for some new melee animations :( Visually looks incredible but given Naughty Dog are the best in the biz that was expected.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Screenshot_2022-07-22_at_08.38.53.png

So I'm pretty sure that the two on the middle and bottom left are young Joel skins but when they hover over the grey one he still looks old? I really, really hope they let us play through the main game as young Joel, it's always been that one thing the original game never did that I've always wanted. I'd really hate it if it was just two skins for him when you're playing the opening and he's still older for the rest of the game.
Huh, good spot. The two on the left definitely look younger.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie I am disappointed that they aren't bringing over some of the improved gameplay mechanics from TLOU2 but it still looks great and runs great so I'll get it day one.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
It's certainly not a scam, especially now they are upfront about what you are getting. Personally I don't think it's good value and won't be jumping in at that price point. On the other hand it's a nice thing to exist and TLOU is such a near perfect game I wouldn't want to change it up much anyway. If anything Part 2 needs a makeover to make it less indulgent and dull.