• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
just look how you can see the main big pillar and the Shinra tower from almost any point of the game, the feeling is just so majestic and grand !
The most impressive part of most things I've seen out of this game. If Shinra HQ's ominous presence couldn't be felt all over, it wouldn't be Midgar.

Like, this screenshot is EXACTLY how it should be

024.jpg

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if SE is willing to do a digital only release for now?

Because shit is getting worse by the minute. I expect all non essential stores to be closed pretty soon.

It's one of my fears.

I have the really expensive edition ordered and it being out good Friday it might be delayed, then the virus could also delay it.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I recall one of the most recent interview articles mentioning that her dress and the one Aeris gets will have different variations depending on choices made, much like with Cloud's.
Oh yeah for sure. The Datamine shows
that Aeris's other dress is much less "Slinky" and sexy and is actually more like a spring dress and I actually think it's super cute.
In the original, even if the sprite didn't change, Cloud had other dresses but it does appear they're giving the girls other dresses too.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
The Noctis clone, is that supposed to be a Don Corneo thug? Or is that the guy that wanted a drink from the vending machine (the materia seller, I believe)?

Or somebody new, like a new SOLDIER?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
The Noctis clone, is that supposed to be a Don Corneo thug? Or is that the guy that wanted a drink from the vending machine (the materia seller, I believe)?

Or somebody new, like a new SOLDIER?

One of Corneo's underlings.

Don Corneo's lackey may look young, but he has the heart of an old curmudgeon. His dead-eyed stare and general apathy have earned him pride of place among the don's men.

Edit: Apparently he's from the Turk's novel.

Last edited:

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Chocobo Sam? I don't remember that from the original. Who is this new mysterious character?'

015.jpg

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE screenshots: Wall Market, Honeybee Inn and more | Square Enix

Take a close-up look at Wall Market, the Honeybee Inn, new characters and much more in these new images from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

"Each character has multiple costumes too!"

Underneath Cloud's picture. O_O Color me intrigued.
Wonder if it's what people mentioned about the clothes being altered a bit based on the Wall Market choices or if it's full extra outfits for the rest of the game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Each character has multiple costumes too!"

That's written under an image of Cloud in drag. it is probably referring to that, not necessarily that characters in general have multiple costumes to freely choose from at all times. I very much hope they do though.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
That's written under an image of Cloud in drag. it is probably referring to that, not necessarily that characters in general have multiple costumes to freely choose from at all times. I very much hope they do though.

I figured, but here's to hoping as well!

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Let me wear Cloud's dress permanently, you cowards.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Both Aeris and Tifa look absolutely gorgeous. I mean, we've seen Advent Children and the PS3 demo for years, so some of us are taking this for granted but if you think back to the original game and its assets, and the only good look you had of the characters were in the FMVs and in some press images... this is mindblowing. It's literally a childhood dream come true.

I'm very excited.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't it insane how this game somehow looks simultaneously EXACTLY how you imagined and better than you could imagine?

Definitely.

I've been somewhat pessimistic about this since it was announced for a variety of reasons, but the foremost reason being virtually every AAA single player Square release in the past 20 years or so has disappointed me in some way or another (FFXII: The Zodiac Age being the closest thing to an exception), if not been something I considered outright bad. There's always been a small part of me that has been hopeful, but I'd say I was largely 80-90% skeptical this would turn out to be good from the outset. With the early gameplay trailer in 2015 I had a glimmer of hope. But since they showed it last year, I've been completely onboard. It looks so much better than I ever hoped. I'm very hesitant, I'm trying to hold on to that last bit of cynicism so I don't get disappointed; BUT based on the opening footage since last year, based on playing the demo, and based on the early media/influencer impressions of the post-demo parts they've seen... it's starting to sound like Square may have nailed it. And it's hard to contain my excitement for a truly "90's Square"-quality remake of one of my favorite games.

But to hit on your point, man... the new opening cinematic, that pullout from Aerith's face over Midgar to the title screen.... no matter how many times I rewatch it, I can't believe it. It feels like literally mainlining my childhood. I'm 16 years old again, sitting in my old bedroom having my mind blown. Really the whole demo gave me that feeling. I can really only hope they can keep that level of quality, but I'm really starting to believe. It might be happening, it might really be happening.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely.

I've been somewhat pessimistic about this since it was announced for a variety of reasons, but the foremost reason being virtually every AAA single player Square release in the past 20 years or so has disappointed me in some way or another (FFXII: The Zodiac Age being the closest thing to an exception), if not been something I considered outright bad. There's always been a small part of me that has been hopeful, but I'd say I was largely 80-90% skeptical this would turn out to be good from the outset. With the early gameplay trailer in 2015 I had a glimmer of hope. But since they showed it last year, I've been completely onboard. It looks so much better than I ever hoped. I'm very hesitant, I'm trying to hold on to that last bit of cynicism so I don't get disappointed; BUT based on the opening footage since last year, based on playing the demo, and based on the early media/influencer impressions of the post-demo parts they've seen... it's starting to sound like Square may have nailed it. And it's hard to contain my excitement for a truly "90's Square"-quality remake of one of my favorite games.

But to hit on your point, man... the new opening cinematic, that pullout from Aerith's face over Midgar to the title screen.... no matter how many times I rewatch it, I can't believe it. It feels like literally mainlining my childhood. I'm 16 years old again, sitting in my old bedroom having my mind blown. Really the whole demo gave me that feeling. I can really only hope they can keep that level of quality, but I'm really starting to believe. It might be happening, it might really be happening.
Couldn't have said it better myself, but I'll add that even after seeing the 2015 trailer I had my doubts. That shit looked rough, and that was back when they were still outsourcing it CC2.

Pulling the development in-house and putting all hands on deck was exactly what they needed to make this game as good as it could be, and I'm so glad they came to their senses.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it insane how this game somehow looks simultaneously EXACTLY how you imagined and better than you could imagine?
It's a weird feeling.

I had this with Shadow of the Collosus too. It's sort of taking the original game and it's being presented as you "remember it", not how it actually was...

With this, you sort of filled in the character's faces and movements and the static backgrounds made it really easy to build the world.

It gives me good vibes.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks outstanding, but it's weird to me that absolutely none of these characters have any physical blemishes at all that would make them look like real people. I know it's stylised and all, but they just look like really well animated wax sculptures.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks outstanding, but it's weird to me that absolutely none of these characters have any physical blemishes at all that would make them look like real people. I know it's stylised and all, but they just look like really well animated wax sculptures.
That's the thing. They said that they don't want to make them look like real people in the recent documentary.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Johnny always looked like that in my mind and yet I'm still stunned and in love with his dorky HD ass.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
re_09-1_enemy_skill_EN.jpg

notice the play time counter in the left corner.. 39 hours.
Japanese screenshot had 37 hours. I thought it's a bit high for level 28, but figured it may be a QA testers account?

I also have no idea if this is accurate since previous screenshots have had later game scenarios with 8 minutes of playtime. So 🤷🏼‍♂️