• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
God, they look so amazing! Immediate wallpaper.

Similar to what others have said, I love that the FFVII crew are looking out to the world beyond Midgar, and Tifa's all, "You see these abs? Look at these goddamn abs."

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I still figure this is the ending, entirely based on the way the last trailer implied Red XIII is just a guest party member. If there was an explorey section post-Midgar I figure they'd just have made him playable at that point.

I do think we'll get a post credits that shows the crew arriving in Kalm, though. If Nomura wants to be extremely Nomura the entire game will end with Cloud saying "Let me tell you all about Nibelheim" ... TO BE CONTINUED

A better way to do this would be:
*Ending the game on the highway, the screen starts fading to black, and the theme kicks in*
Barret: "So let's hear your story... You know, the one about Sephirot and the crisis of the Planet. Let's hear it all."
Cloud: "...I used to want to be like Sephirot, so I joined SOLDIER. After working with Sephirot on several missions, we became friends."
*credit rolls, END*

Then you start Ep 2 with a cold open of the flashback with Cloud waking up in the truck with Sephirot in front of him.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I find it funny we haven't seen in-game Barret without eyewear yet (not even towards the end of the game, like in the last trailer), it's all been CG lmao.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really nice.
About the ending... I expect it to be, or just after reaching Kalm and before all the flashback, that would be a great start for the sequel.
But in the end, how they would depict the journey to Kalm? Probably not worth it, and just let the party start there on the next game

Going off of how Kingdom Hearts tends to do things, we'll probably have the crew touching down on the ground (dunno how they'll do that in the remake), credits, then after credits we see them in the Kalm inn. No need to show the journey, really.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I take it they are taking all the Midgar bits and making Midgar solely the first game...

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
That looks pretty cool! It would have blown my mind if I saw this screenshot back when I was a kid.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reminded that Tifa's design has really not aged well. It was never good, but it was at least par for the 90s.

I look at this art and see a significantly refreshed take on FF7, and then Tifa.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Looking good. Red XIII ended up being the best "redesign" (not like he was redesigned much). The good boy looks awesome.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, they did some stuff. Long socks and all. Wish they would have been inspired by the Kingdom Hearts version of her.

The long socks are actually the worst par of her redesign IMO. It reminds me of the insane obsession anime designers have with tat zetai blablashit they put in 99,999% of anime female characters.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nice, works really well as a desktop background

screenshot2020-02-07affjfb.jpg

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Will that be the ending screen for the first episode? I was kind of hoping the first game would make it up to Kalm and the Nibelheim incident but I doubt it.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This thread needs some Cosmo Canyon and Red XIII hype!

Imagine in Part 2, when you are in the canyon, moving along the rocks in a valley of the same size as Death Stranding's locations, the seeing something resembling a building in the distance. As you head towards it, the first drum beats of Cosmo Canyon starts beating in, become louder as you close in and more instruments chime in, with the full track starts playing as you reach the feet of the Observatory.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Do we have any idea how long it will take until part two will release? Could it be more than a year away from part one's release?

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine in Part 2, when you are in the canyon, moving along the rocks in a valley of the same size as Death Stranding's locations, the seeing something resembling a building in the distance. As you head towards it, the first drum beats of Cosmo Canyon starts beating in, become louder as you close in and more instruments chime in, with the full track starts playing as you reach the feet of the Observatory.
Damn, it will be glorious!!!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1 - Full FF VII game
Episode 2 - Advent Children
Episode 3 - Dierge of Cerberus
Episode 4 - Final Fantasy X remake
Episode 5 - Final Fantasy X-2 Remake
Episode 6 - Headless Tidus Remake