• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone even hype for this game anymore?

It was voted most anticipated game of the year on the game awards, one of the most viewed video game events in recent memory, among another websites as well. It has dominated every "could this be announced at this event" thread for every major video game event on just about every video game website forum.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The news will be that they are still working on it. Please be excited.

Also, in the last twenty-four hours I've seen bizarre misspelled in two different ways. It's not bizzarre, and it's not bizzare.

Square are the only Japanese 3rd party dumb enough to quit the Ps4 and Xbox one so soon

everyone else will be cross gen for at least another couple of years

It's not really dumb if they actually want to design the game around next-gen features, especially the SSD, which can't be replicated on a normal HD. It also might be a system seller. On top of that, they might actually release it on PC at launch for a change, instead of six months or whenever later. The game probably won't even be released before 2023 anyway.

I had no idea this was a From game lol

I didn't either until near the end of last year, when my aunt was talking about all of the games she was replaying.

Last edited:

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I just can't with this anymore.

I'm choosing to just believe it's all false for my own sanity. It's all LIES!

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring and Bloodborne PC are these games we just keep hearing about that we'll see soon, but the meme is we don't.

It's 2021. We're still in COVID town. If this game surfaces amidst that, I'll be impressed.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean Elden Ring has been in development now for many years right? Is it crazy to assume this is coming this year or even fairly soon?

Please come this year I need it.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Im starting to feel like every time someone with insider info speaks about this game, FROM/Bamco decides to push the reveal back even more lol

Guess well see in a few weeks (or not)

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Maybe XSX first and then PC down the road when I upgrade cause I know the modders will bring me hundreds of hours of extra joy.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for cross gen, but if they just can't get it to run well enough on last gen machines, that's fair enough. I don't want them stuck in dev hell because of last gen optimizations.

I still seriously doubt the game's scope wasn't designed around last gen limitations from early days, though, so I don't see what people think they're gaining by hoping it's not cross gen. It'll be the same game regardless. They won't completely redesign a game in development since 2017 just because two SKUs were cancelled. You'll get the same experience you'd get if it was cross gen. Whether or not it still comes out on PS4 and Xbox One is more of a business decision.

I don't work at From or Namco, though, so I could obviously be completely wrong.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
From games are always hyped but is the most hype for any From game? lol
I think that "Project Beast" leak for BB was a crazy moment, people went nuts for that and it seemed like it put the entire community under a spell lol.

But ER probably probably has the bigger anticipation just cause its post BB era(to me From hit peak mainstream popularity after that game) and so more people are waiting for any news on the game.

SilentEagle

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Elden Ring will be cross generation game and I expect next-gen version will be out after release.

en.bandainamcoent.eu

ELDEN RING

*/ The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between. In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered...

Hopefully releases in 2021.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring will be cross generation game and I expect next-gen version will be out after release.

en.bandainamcoent.eu

ELDEN RING

*/ The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between. In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered...

Hopefully releases in 2021.
Would be a huge mistake if it didn't launch with a next-gen version.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Would be a huge mistake if it didn't launch with a next-gen version.

So.. according to people I know who have contacts with Bamco the game was supposed to come out earlier with a next gen version planned a few months later, but when development had to slow down because covid they decided to launch current and next gen versions simultaneously.
Things might have changed again of course

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
No not enough for at this point him just sounding like he is making educated guesses. I'm surprised these topics are still able to be posted.

Nah, he's about as solid as you're going to get from a leaker. It's usually very obvious from the context (which the internet is bad at paying attention to) if he's just speculating or saying stuff he's actually heard.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So.. according to people I know who have contacts with Bamco the game was supposed to come out earlier with a next gen version planned a few months later, but when development had to slow down because covid they decided to launch current and next gen versions simultaneously.
Things might have changed again of course
Thanks a lot for sharing this! Sounds really good if true.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks a lot for sharing this! Sounds really good if true.

That was a few months ago though. Current gen release was delayed internally and would be much closer to the expected launch date for the next gen version (which development was not as severely impacted by the pandemic), at which point From decided to wait until then and release both versions simultaneously.
I don't have reasons to doubt the guy, and he does have connections in Bamco but this was a few months ago (like 3 or 4?) and things change rapidly in this scenario, but from the little I know that still appears to be the plan.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a few months ago though. Current gen release was delayed internally and would be much closer to the expected launch date for the next gen version (which development was not as severely impacted by the pandemic), at which point From decided to wait until then and release both versions simultaneously.
I don't have reasons to doubt the guy, and he does have connections in Bamco but this was a few months ago (like 3 or 4?) and things change rapidly in this scenario, but from the little I know that still appears to be the plan.
Do you happen to know a time window for the release?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Do you happen to know a time window for the release?

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and in this situation a 3/4 months old piece of internal information is basically worthless imho (heck, even official release dates aren't to be trusted) BUT I'll share; iirc it was originally Nov 2020, then spring 2021 with next gen version expected after the summer, as of 3 months ago it was both after the summer. Use salt though.