• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I'm excited to see it, and it being demoed at the Xbox event he was talking about makes sense, but if that is the case, I don't understand the hazy date. Why would a press event slip back weeks?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC performance kept getting better (BB->DS3->Sekiro) with the evolution of their engine, but yeah, not super confident for this one.
DS3 on release when it didn't have an unlocked mode was also riddled with bad framepacing and even with the pro and x versions being unlocked the wildly fluctuating FPS is an issue for people. I never watched DF stuff for Sekiro doe.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I doubt it will be as polished as demon's but I'm curious to see what it looks and plays like

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Im hopeful and excited.

Good chance base One/PS4 will be sub 1080p lol
Bloodborne, DS3 and Sekiro were all 1080/30. I see no reason to think ER will be different. Unless we get a solid PS5 version with super fast loading times, I'm going with PC again just like I did for Sekiro.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully they saw DS remake and thought they needed to tighten the graphics to match that.
That's why they're late unveiling it, certainly.

Or, most likely COVID-19 slowed down the development, just like any other delayed game this year. :p From's strong art direction will carry Elden Ring.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Definitely not going to be as polished as Demon's Souls thanks to cross-gen compatibility.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
DS3 on release when it didn't have an unlocked mode was also riddled with bad framepacing and even with the pro and x versions being unlocked the wildly fluctuating FPS is an issue for people. I never watched DF stuff for Sekiro doe.

Same thing with Sekiro basically, framepacing on base consoles and very inconsistent framerate on Pro consoles. But overall a small improvement over DS3, I think it was John from DF that mentioned that iirc.

Bloodborne targeted 30, I suppose.

Problem with Bloodborne was framepacing, not maintaining 30fps since it did that the majority of time (besides Old Yharnam, that was the area with the most noticeable drops).

www.youtube.com

Bloodborne PS4 Gameplay Frame-Rate Test

Subscribe for more console and PC tech analysis: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribeRead our full article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodb...
www.youtube.com

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters PS4 Frame-Rate Test

Tom revisits one of his favourite games with the release of the Bloodborne DLC. It's backed by a whopper patch - version 1.07 - so do we see any technologica...

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean the early March Bethesda deal thing or did they hint at an actual Xbox event after that? Early March vs. late March doesn't sound like it's the same event.
talking about this one
www.resetera.com

Microsoft to hold a "What's new for gaming" event on March 23 Rumor

Could fit with the rumored "march Xbox event" celebrating Bethesda joining Xbox. Per Jeff Grub last "Summer Game Mess" tweet, he notes "Xbox Bethesda acquisition closes" by the end of march.

but bamco could always just release a new trailer on their own as well

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Phil did get to play a build of the game, lines up nicely with the up coming MS event.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Paul Thurrott, a long-time Microsoft insider, has pegged a Microsoft video games event for March 23.
talking about this one
www.resetera.com

Microsoft to hold a "What's new for gaming" event on March 23 Rumor

Could fit with the rumored "march Xbox event" celebrating Bethesda joining Xbox. Per Jeff Grub last "Summer Game Mess" tweet, he notes "Xbox Bethesda acquisition closes" by the end of march.

but bamco could always just release a new trailer on their own as well
Ah, makes sense! Thanks for the info. Must have missed that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Spencer said he has seen/played a build so I guess it could be at Xbox event. Showing it running on XSX could also mask ugly truth of base console performance, like with CP2077.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Does it not seem insane to anyone else that we live in a time where there's all this mystery and investigative journalism, not so much about the content or design of games, but about which games we'll be allowed to watch ads for, basically, and when that might be?

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I'm excited to see it, and it being demoed at the Xbox event he was talking about makes sense, but if that is the case, I don't understand the hazy date. Why would a press event slip back weeks?
Possibly the 'star' of the event will be the finalised zenimax purchase and anything being shown from that. Probably just being careful in case there any last minute delays

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am ready for that being a rumor of an announcement of an update news date.
I guess the game is still far away ... story wise xD

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
We all know Elden Ring is fake and made up but it would be nice for the xbox event to have a fake and made up trailer for it, as a treat.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Yep. I don't trust his insider knowledge on ER anymore. Not saying he's lying, but his sources on this seem to be unreliable.

But it wasn't just Grubb (who claimed it would be at TGA2020). Imran, several here on ResetEra, Lance McDonald all had a wager it (Elden Ring) would be shown at TGA2020. They must have seen a trailer for it, that's my guess. Since it wasn't revealed at TGA2020, the next likely place would be at the Xbox event.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lines up with Xbox event date being thrown around.