• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
This is straight up a logo from a EA company from the world of Mirrors Edge.

Souless.

Mirror's_Edge_video_games-128207.jpg!d

God, I want to marry that game's art direction.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Next time just save the money and give the devs a raise and more time. Yes, it looks okay, but was this really necessary?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
If this happened 3 years ago I'd have said the style was overdone. Now it's a dead horse. A horse skeleton. These more garish, whimsical designs are endemic in companies desperate to shed a bad reputation. The friendly, geometric typeface is my #1 most hated aspect of these things.

Share value in the tank? Whimsical rebrand. Got caught selling users' private data? Whimsical rebrand. Experiencing an extreme lack of consumer confidence? Whimsical rebrand.

These things always seem so insincere and disposable. Like they're not trying to communicate a purpose, attitude, or corporate culture—they just want to say "We're different now, we swear!" as loudly as possible.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
I'm not usually the guy to hate on redesigns, but honestly this is almost unbelievably bad. It's so... Soulless and generic.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
Back in Web 2.0 it was all shiny this, gradient that. Then it was all "one or two simple flat colors".

It seems gradients are making a comeback in a more tangible way and I guess I'm happy for it. I'm not sure yet.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Every single image they have where the B is filled with an image loses the "B" as definition and looks like nothing ... or borderline butt cheeks.

It's so current trend bland and boring that I'm wholly disappointed, but am glad they're putting it up for a vote.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a graphic designer and I can confirm it looks nice. As a normal person I can say it won't change their game output quality and the internet can forever label them a B Tier developer.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
"Hey guys, do y'all know that Bioware is dead? Hahaha! Bioware? More like Bioshit lololololol!"

You guys ain't even subtle nor slick at this point.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
"Hey guys, do y'all know that Bioware is dead? Hahaha! Bioware? More like Bioshit lololololol!"

You guys ain't even subtle nor slick at this point.

This redesign could have been absolutely anything and some people still would have been slobbering to point out how it sucks and is a reflection of the studio's games sucking, somehow.