• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a damn show about the Dharma Initiative that ends with the plane crash on the island.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wont work, I already know they have no idea how it would/should end and there will be no pay off.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Lost was like going on a date with a gorgeous woman, then little by little as she starts to undress, you see things that just shouldn't be there, until you're presented with Jabba the Hutt spread eagled on your bed...

I started watching it at release, and fell in love. It was amazing. It was a time where my mind was just going crazy with possibilities. The smoke monster, the hatch... oh my god the hatch... the mysteries were incredible...

But little by little, they dropped the ball. Plot lines went nowhere. The mysteries turned out to be basic tripe. Things didn't make sense.

I stuck with it... Through Walt... The Udders... even the cgi sub... I stuck it out to the end... and then...

Ugh that ending... it was a master class in somebody writing down ideas on two boards: "what's good" and "what's utter horse shit", and then sending off the wrong one to be made...

Can a reboot work? Yeah. It can. Maybe. But I would rather they just made a new series that did what the original promised, instead...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How would it even work, it's just a stupid island that serves no purpose to the characters finding each other in the end. What's the point, you can't retroactively make the island something interesting when that was never the point going by how Lost ended, it was a character journey if you want to take it at face value and not some BS tv show they pulled out their arse in the end.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Give me nee ideas. And save me the theybcouldndo new ideas in the reboot. So fucking tired of everything being rebooted, remade, and what not. It's just as bad as the the safety of sequelitis where everything has to be a franchise play it safe.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Why is a discussion about a potential reimagining of an 14-year old show somehow mostly damning the non-existent revision based on their problems with the original

The whole idea is how can we do better!

There was obvious disappointment and, most importantly of all, a severe ratings drop in the final seasons (from a peak of 18 million vewers during season three to 11 million in seasons 5 and 6). You don't think executives at ABC are aware of this?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
A continuation might work if they ignore S6 and pick from Juliet detonating the bomb. New timeline. 815 never crashed and everyone has just been living their lives all these years.

If Lindecuse were down I'd be down. S2/3 of The Leftovers definitely sparked certain feelings I hadn't felt since LOST.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
No thanks, I don't need more asspulling while trying to act like it's so smart. Maybe if they actually wrote it with an ending in mind.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
But I would rather they just made a new series that did what the original promised, instead...

I think many have tried. The 100, Terra Nova, Prison Break, Under the Dome, Flash Forward, etc... did any these scratch that itch?

Maybe they did for some. Prison Break had viewership as high as 9.2 million in the first season. But that show only got a chance because of LOST. I think these shows could never get out of their ancestor's giant shadow. Now, if you want to try to execute a similar kind of premise, using the LOST banner might give you a chance to succeed. Plus it gives you a chance to play with the tropes established by the original and really shock people (which is what LOST was all about - unpredictable tv).

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
HARD FUCKING PASS.

Used to LOVE the show. Joined a message board dedicated to analyzing the show. Watched every episode more times than I care to admit looking for clues and felt absolutely betrayed by how they ended it.

I can't believe how invested I was in that show. It's pretty embarrassing tbh 😂

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HARD FUCKING PASS.

Used to LOVE the show. Joined a message board dedicated to analyzing the show. Watched every episode more times than I care to admit looking for clues and felt absolutely betrayed by how they ended it.

I can't believe how invested I was in that show. It's pretty embarrassing tbh 😂

The Fuselage?

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A Lost based around the universe as we know it being a simulation would be great. The old gang were sandboxed by the mist guys, the mist guys being self aware benevolent Sims.

Another new gang get caught up in another universe simulation glitch. Did Faraday die? He'd make a great scientific foil to explain it.

Listen to this episode 10 of this podcast https://www.theendwithjosh.com/

And get hyped.

( That's a better spec than lindoloff will ever produced. Don't let lindoloff near it. Give me the job. )

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I wish I'd watched all of Lost instead of just a season and a half. Now it's been spoiled by Judd Apatow (This is 40).

A reboot? I'd maybe watch it. It'd depend on how it looked.

Oct 26, 2017
This is the definition of lighting in a bottle/a very specific moment in time. I don't think they could pull that off twice in the current landscape

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I love Lost, but a reboot is such a horrible idea. Better idea? Ben and Hurley spin-off show that covers their time on the island. That would be great.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If they can give us a better mystery and actually deliver a fulfilling/interesting ending rather then the cheap cop out ending we got in the original? Sure.

However they can NOT just re-hash the basic storyline of the original show, I mean that'd kind of take all the fun out of it if it still follows the overall storyline of that show, it needs to be it's "own" thing with it's own mysteries and conclusions.

Also if they do do it, we need more ARG's like it had, that was one of the best parts was that after each episode you'd have people pouring over it trying to find "clues" and other hidden things and then finding things online for it and piecing bits together to try and make sense of things.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in if they ACTUALLY have a season-by-season outline before they start. Consider the original series a draft of the idea.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
In case people think I'm bluffing:
Eli Stone
Better off Ted
Happy Endings
Don't Trust the B
Agent Carter
Selfie
Galavant
Cristela
Pushing Daisies
Samantha Who?
Hell, even The Middle (though only for one season. They wrapped things up nicely. Still would be better than a reboot. Revive Sue Sue in the City if you have to).

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Now that they know the ending. they can probably tell a better and less messy story.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The show WAS the mystery. Now that the mystery is gone, there's no reason for the show anymore.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight I mostly liked the music and now almost all movie scores sound like Lost so I don't miss it.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
only if we get a Miles and Sawyer buddy cop show in purgatory. they have a built-in device for doing some weird meta shit in the genre. 'god Sawyer, don't you think it's weird that no matter how grievously wounded we are we never die?'

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Lost was an amazing experience and the way it ended in cliffhangers ever episode was amazing. These days it wouldn't work because entire seasons are available from day 1 usually .

Plus all the suspense has already been done so unless they do entirely different story beats it would t be as amazing .