• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Looking good 😌 Wonder if Ballad of Fallen Angels will make it in, was one of my fav scenes from the anime

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they did the right thing and didn't go with the husky like originally.

Oh yeah, the actress that plays Faye is so damn pretty and perfect for Faye, but I wish she would fix that gap between her front teeth. It's so distracting. I'm sorry, not hating, just distracted.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ed is the real mystery, I won't be mad if they make her actually 13 years old as she claimed in the series.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to use the music from the original show? Or at least the same composer?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Did they even confirm Ed is in the show? The fact that they already cast the 3 adults and Vicious/Rachel makes me wonder if they're cutting her out. Which would be stupid af.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I got a good feeling about this one. I feel like Cowboy Bebop is one of the easier anime to adapt to live-action. Netflix should One Piece alone though, I get their version is going get a lot of folks angry and even make the 4Kids version look legit. lol

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, interesting. I remember reading a while back that they weren't going to use a corgi, so I suppose they backtracked on that?

Still keeping expectations very low for the show itself though, as with any live-action anime adaptation.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This will not be anywhere near as good as the original, i can say that.

With that in mind, their enthusiasm has me interested as to what they are going to do.

Are they going to use the music from the original show? Or at least the same composer?

For real. Is Yoko Kanno involved with this show?

I think its reasonable to assume that none of the staff of the original outside of Watanabe in a "supervising role" are on this project.

The only real question I have is whether they'll be attempting direct episode adaptations, original episodes, or a mix of the two.

It'll probably be an original story attempting to nail the general 'feel' of things...i sincerely doubt they could do a lot of the stuff in the anime in live action, especially with a netflix tv show.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
John's a great actor, and I hope he recovers well, however I truly think they miscast the role. The dude is just too old.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I hate how this makes the original series cease to exist
I believe the argument is generally that it ruins the "zeitgeist" of the franchise. You know, like how there's no Death Note fans anymore because of the live action Death Note. Or how people don't like Harry Potter because of Twitter Rowling. Or when Ghost in the Shell came out those fans had to go home too. Or Full Metal Alchemist. Or how I can't show by kid The Lion King now that the "live action" one exists. Or when Rob Zombies Halloween movies overwrote the originals, never ever to be continued again. Or when the same thing happened with DmC and Devil May Cry. Now none of those original things are remembered. Sad!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A nine-month break? Jeez. How much have they filmed? Maybe they should just recast.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was just wondering what was going on with this show.

Do we know the release date?