• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
With all the erratic spending on animation that Netflix is doing, I keep hoping someone there will wake up one morning and think "Guyver is a thing huh.."
We could only wish, there are so many older manga (and 80s made anime) that could be awesome revived. Guyver, Battle Angel, Berserk, 3x3 Eyes, 8 Man, Lodoss,etc. The list is so huge, the last 26 episode Guyver wasnt bad, but they neutered all the violence. The manga hasnt had a new episode in forever though :/

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm glad to get more Pacific Rim, and anime for is probably the best way to depict it at this point.

I need to get around to watching Alterd Carbon season 1 some time.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping the anime of altered carbon is better than the show. The show had plenty of potential, but fell so shirt of it and treated the viewer like an idiot

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stop trying to make Pacific Rim and Altered Carbon happen.

if there are people who enjoy them, then why the o you care? honestly? just ignore it, and you are done.

or you can be all cool with your friends saying how you dont watch that trash, so is a win win situation, fans get more of what they like, and you can act all cool hating on those things!

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Cagaster is a little too close to Caganer.
Wikipedia said:
The name "El Caganer" literally means "the crapper" or "the shitter". Traditionally, the figurine is depicted as a peasant, wearing the traditional Catalan red cap (the barretina) and with his trousers down, showing a bare backside, and defecating.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
if there are people who enjoy them, then why the o you care? honestly? just ignore it, and you are done.

or you can be all cool with your friends saying how you dont watch that trash, so is a win win situation, fans get more of what they like, and you can act all cool hating on those things!

Because I am a paying Netflix subscriber? I would rather see them invest all that "animation money" in franchises I am interested in, like Castlevania. I have a problem with the modern trend of making everything into a franchise, including properties born of mediocre content.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Because I am a paying Netflix subscriber? I would rather see them invest all that "animation money" in franchises I am interested in, like Castlevania. I have a problem with the modern trend of making everything into a franchise, including properties born of mediocre content.

Your Netflix subscription is already going to dozens of shows and movies you'll never ever watch. You probably don't even know they exist they're so off your radar.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So did everyone else. And they already invested in Castlevania season 3, what more do you want? Season 2 isn't even half as good as season 1, yet you want them to milk more?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix is definitely helping to save anime. It's not even a question.

Humm please read this too:
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/02/09/lets-listen-to-anime-creators-for-once-netflix-is-no-savior/

"When asked if there was any difference between Netflix anime and standard TV series, as fans were curious if the recent partnership between the company and studios BONES & Production I.G was a game-changer, Shibata bluntly denied an improvement. He noted that working with them meant there's no restrictions regarding the depiction of sex and violence, but at the end of the day the schedule was hellish, and that fundamental improvements regarding the treatment of the creative team are still down to the production committees – which Netflix can't be bothered to change at all. He reiterated that he's seen no change in remuneration and that even if those titles were to perform well, there would still be no incentives for the people who made them, as the system in place is still the same; barely any studio keeps a significant number of staff as well-remunerated full-time employees, and freelancing at poor rates is still the norm, so the actual hands-on crews will never see an improvement without structural reform. And again, that is something that Netflix doesn't even attempt to do, no matter what PR words you hear."

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to all of it, but particularly to KoS season3 getting a release date, as it was confirmed to be in production back in 2017 afaik.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Humm please read this too:
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/02/09/lets-listen-to-anime-creators-for-once-netflix-is-no-savior/

"When asked if there was any difference between Netflix anime and standard TV series, as fans were curious if the recent partnership between the company and studios BONES & Production I.G was a game-changer, Shibata bluntly denied an improvement. He noted that working with them meant there's no restrictions regarding the depiction of sex and violence, but at the end of the day the schedule was hellish, and that fundamental improvements regarding the treatment of the creative team are still down to the production committees – which Netflix can't be bothered to change at all. He reiterated that he's seen no change in remuneration and that even if those titles were to perform well, there would still be no incentives for the people who made them, as the system in place is still the same; barely any studio keeps a significant number of staff as well-remunerated full-time employees, and freelancing at poor rates is still the norm, so the actual hands-on crews will never see an improvement without structural reform. And again, that is something that Netflix doesn't even attempt to do, no matter what PR words you hear."

All that blog is talking about is that nothing changed at the studio. Netflix doesn't control that.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All that blog is talking about is that nothing changed at the studio. Netflix doesn't control that.

yeah, im like, what does netflix have to do with their working conditions??? they hired them to make a product, if they mistreat their employees thats the studios heads fault

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
I feel like Netflix anime is a mixed bag. Can't put my finger on it, but it has this manufactured feel to it.

It's because they avoid the usual tropes and weekly style storytelling. You're given all the content at once and it shows in how seamless they are in storytelling. They also don't pace around commercial breaks in the middle of an episode. That weekly show feel is ingrained in a lot of us and it can become hard to adjust. On top of that, Netflix doesn't care about the amount of gore, nudity or blood. They just want good content. To me this feels like a return of the 90s OVA scene but I can see how some don't like it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix doing great work for Anime, all of these sound great.

Still secretly hoping they get the rights for a new Berserk anime.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean we might see animated follow ups to Avatar The Last Airbender?

1f914.png

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We're still getting more live action altered carbon, right? This anime is in addition to ?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Netflix literally is saving anime, all of these anime look dope as fuck and what i would expect out of a traditional trajectory of anime in japan

That carole and tuesday looks right up there with kids on the slope.

B the beginning is pretty cool, Devilman crybaby was awesome, its really nice to see

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
yasuke needs to be a big budget hollywood movie not a dumb mecha anime come on guys