• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad but it's not that surprising. You can only have so many Daily show alum copycat shows going at once.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. One of the best and most informative shows. Its always playing with fire when it comes to Netflix.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
That's weird, felt like something that really helped Netflix's roster and was easily on a level with Last Week Tonight and other comedy news shows.

Dec 31, 2017
Damn this show was really really good and informative. Not only did they do their research well, but the presentation was awesome. And there are some downright incredible episodes: MBS/Saudi Arabia, Modi, Trudeau etc. Way better than normal shows of this format and pretty much all of the ones currently airing on TV, including the Daily Show. Also was nice to see the different cultural perspective provided by Hasan - lots of my Indian/Pakistani friends really related to that and praised the authenticity.

I'm really surprised it's been canceled.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
This is such a bummer. I really enjoyed this, it was a fairly more culture conscious Last Week Tonight. Ugh, Netflix why do you keep failing all of us.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
NOOO

Patriot act was incredible. Most of the standup and talk shows that focus on politics and comedy *cough cough Colbert cough* are super unfunny. Hasan has the perfect mix of comedy and information and focusing on enjoyable topics that have a lot of range

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That's a shame Hasan definitely was geared for a much younger audience compared to shows like LWT or Full Frontal, not to mention his stronger insights and focus on Asian issues and topics was great. Sure there's a lot of overlap between these shows but catering to more specific demographics was a good thing.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean as a brown dude I respected the fuck out of him getting a show. On the other end there's only so much daily show type programs people are gonna watch.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why did i think this was about the post-9/11 bill signed into American law lmao

why would it ever be that

anyway wow that sucks

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
First The Joel McHale show was canceled now Patriot Act. Do weekly shows just not do well on Netflix?

Deleted member 35740

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The show had good content but holy shit I find his voice grating and he's really not all that funny. And holy fuck what is it with his arms wailing permanently while he talks.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really start watching until this recent set of episodes but I really liked it and am sad to see it go.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I linked this show, and thought it was a good avenue to inform people in a more "mass media" kind of manner.

Hope those involved with this show continue something similar in the future. We need an informed public more than ever.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This was the best of these weekly shows. It had a good run and I'm really sad to see it end.

Hope Hasan does something great after this.