• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Not sure whats gone, An unspoiled experience for a a lot of people sure, but the game is till going to review and sell incredibly.
Imagine crunching over a game for multiple years, only for it to leak over a month before release.

The fact that they were so quiet and silent to avoid spoilers makes it worse.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Well enough.

EUQ9a0Y.png
Ok, installed it on firefox.
Now to figure out how to only activate it for youtube, facebook and twitter. Browsing ERA should be fine, I hope.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jason Schreier seems to suggest so.

(avoid clicking on the tweet and reading comments)

Damn. Jason is right of course, but the fact that someone was that disgusted with the company is a horrible thing to think about. Hard to give ND the benefit of the doubt either considering what we know already.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have been out of the loop... it leaked? Shit... just horrible. Well I hope I miss spoilers like I missed this news but for such an anticipated game.. this sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
If you have no money to lose, you don't have lots to lose. There is also a ton of better jobs outside the gaming industry than being a play tester.

You don't believe this will follow them to other industries? This person has proven they are untrustworthy and will backstab you if disgruntled. Their future should be bussing tables.

Man I have been out of the loop... it leaked? Shit... just horrible. Well I hope I miss spoilers like I missed this news but for such an anticipated game.. this sucks.

The only way you will miss the spoilers is if you avoid all comments related to gaming news on social media and even that might not be enough. Might want to drop Twitter, Twitch chat, Reddit etc. for the next two months

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What are you talking about? There's no defending a work environment like what ND has created. I agree with Jason that there are better ways to show their frustration than leaking the entire game when so many people are involved not just the terrible decision makers over there.

What? It has nothing to do with this fucking thread, that's all.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to avoid being spoiled avoid the shit out of twitter and youtube. Assholes are spoiling it everywhere.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
This sucks all round... I've managed to steer clear so far but it's going to be a rough couple of months treading carefully on the internet.

Hopefully once this initial push of people being dickheads dies down, it'll go relatively quiet until closer launch.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, this is really crazy... I really feel sorry for the team, and i hope they get the person who leaked the game as soon as possible. There is no excuse in doing this to your team, who have worked with you through all of this, no matter how pissed you are.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
Now is a good time to start using a video blocker and backlist some keywords on twitter/tweetdeck

what i use is

Video Blocker

chrome.google.com

Video Blocker

Block YouTube videos from any channel you want.

Unspoiler

chrome.google.com

Unspoiler

Don't let the internet spoil your TV! Block headlines, tweets, facebook posts and everything with Unspoiler.

tweetdeck and the twitter site don't sync your mute list so make sure to do it twice.

here's my list
oY4hs8O.png

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure having to constantly crunch is far worse and way more hurtful than having the story to the video game you worked on leak lol

people really showing that they care less about the conditions of workers than about people knowing spoilers of a blockbuster video game.

I don't give a shit about your comparison. Like I said it's not a contest of which is worse.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
My friend has been crying about this, it's a realll shit feeling when something you been killing yourself over gets sent out and ruined for people early.

People are so selfish and fucked. But its the process of moving from a creative medium, to releasing it to the public. Always feels like giving your child away.

Too bad the internet can fucking suck. But its good a lot of people are avoiding and protecting from it.

Yep, it's a pathetically selfish act. I feel bad for the team.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
pretty sure having to constantly crunch is far worse and way more hurtful than having the story to the video game you worked on leak lol

people really showing that they care less about the conditions of workers than about people knowing spoilers of a blockbuster video game.
Or you know, both? Quit being ignorant.

You don't understand how painful it is to have your shit leaked after spending years killing yourself to make it. It fucking sucks.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
You don't believe this will follow them to other industries? This person has proven they are untrustworthy and will backstab you if disgruntled. Their future should be bussing tables.
You'd be surprised. Some people with serious crimes against them are able to move locations and start a career
Plus there's freelancing

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Well I turned to the spoiler thread because I thought I will be more angry if I'm spoiled by accident somewhere, YT or some dumb careless thread title and such.
Now I'm still angry, but also curious and excited. As someone above said, context is king in narratives.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
If anyone wants to avoid being spoiled avoid the shit out of twitter and youtube. Assholes are spoiling it everywhere.

I plan to but it will be hard since I like watching speculation videos about FFVII remake arghhhhh. Fucking shitty people have to ruin everything for everyone all the time. I hate this

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They both hurt. It's not a contest.

I get that but it seems as if the vast majority of the public missed that memo and are just crying about "muh game" like look at the comments on that tweet, no really gives a shit about why the dev did what they did.

It doesn't have to be justified but it should be definitely considered. It honestly feels like the crunch justifies all of that work and that doesn't seem right to me either.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

It isn't that simple. It has nothing to do with "caring less."

My friend has been crying about this, it's a realll shit feeling when something you been killing yourself over gets sent out and ruined for people early.

Crunch or not, people put their heart and soul into the game because they care about it. And I can promise you that the majority of those at Naughty Dog who are unhappy with work conditions are also unhappy with this. Even without crunch, they put their heart and soul into these games and they don't want their fans to be spoiled either.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or you know, both? Quit being ignorant.

You don't understand how painful it is to have your shit leaked after spending years killing yourself to make it. It fucking sucks.
Of course it's shitty. But people are angrier at the possibility of an employee leaking the game's story than they are at the possibility of Naughty Dog making said employee constantly crunch.

the likelihood of stuff leaking would be less high if Naughty Dog didn't make it so easy for their workers to hate working there.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Got twitter set up to hide anything remotely related to The Last of Us. Now we play the waiting game.

This is just a shitty situation for everyone involved. Even the person who leaked everything, because they achieved nothing other than ruining their own career.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I get that but it seems as if the vast majority of the public missed that memo and are just crying about "muh game" like look at the comments on that tweet, no really gives a shit about why the dev did what they did.

It doesn't have to be justified but it should be definitely considered. It honestly feels like the crunch justifies all of that work and that doesn't seem right to me either.

That person fucked over his own co-workers. The issue with crunch needs to be addressed and not ignored but there is no justification for hurting your own co-workers who are in the same position as you because you're unhappy with your work conditions.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That's so freaking lame this even happened. I'm doing my best staying away from any discussion about the game just in case. Even clicking on this topic I was slightly concerned some asshole would try to account suicide and I'd see it.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Man, that is messed up. Way to kill your career if it is corroborated.
Game dev careers average well under 10 years because the industry is terrible and abusive. It's just a constant churn through college kids. And Naughty Dog is one of the worst offenders. I was going to say something about this being a "dirty secret", but it's not even a secret anymore. Game companies should probably get their act together, treat people better, cause this is an inspiring act of sabotage, and I doubt it'll be the last.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Of course it's shitty. But people are angrier at the possibility of an employee leaking the game's story than they are at the possibility of Naughty Dog making said employee constantly crunch.

That employee purposefully hurt his co-workers who go through the same exact crunch.

They aren't "angrier" at the leak than at crunching overall. But it is hard to feel bad for this specific person when he or she made a conscious decision to purposefully hurt his or her co-workers.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Don't read any tweet comment section or social media comment section from Sony, naughty dog, etc

I'd also say twitch x YouTube channels/videos

every post will be filled with spoilers
People are inside, bored and love to troll so it's not a good mix

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Damn. Jason is right of course, but the fact that someone was that disgusted with the company is a horrible thing to think about. Hard to give ND the benefit of the doubt either considering what we know already.

There's no ethical justification for leaking something your colleagues have worked tirelessly towards, including not only their physical exhaustion but also their many sentiments attached to the project.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
People act like they lost a family member or something with spoilers lol. Imagine having such bloodlust because someone leaked spoilers for a video game.
I'm not upset about the spoilers itself. I'm showing sympathy for the team. They've gone through hell to make this game and the fact that it leaks in the final stretches must be extremely disheartening.

Seriously wtf is up with this thread. So many obnoxiously condescending replies. God forbid people show sympathy.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What about the co-workers who went through the same crunch, but still can't wait for people to play the game for the first time? Was that all for nothin? They worked so long for some selfish jackass to leak everything? And people are taking his side? WTF!
It should be talked about working conditions in the game industry, but this is not the way. You don't fuck over your co-workers to get back at your boss.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really makes you wonder about their working conditions if someone's willing to throw away their career to get back at the company like this.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Ye
I plan to but it will be hard since I like watching speculation videos about FFVII remake arghhhhh. Fucking shitty people have to ruin everything for everyone all the time. I hate this
Yeah be super careful. I spoiled myself but I don't want others to be spoiled. I see spoilers posted on all ND tweets, random game stuff on twitter and youtube. The only thing you can do is mute every character name + TLOU on twitter and youtube just try to only look at the search bar.

It's so dumb that people would ruin this for others.