• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
hC21CWX.png

It looks like a skeleton hand holding a star. Metal as shit.
That's a hand from a dead Celestial from Marvel don't lie to me.

Oct 29, 2017
Man, that was incredible. I've got not other words.

Can't wait to see what else they find over the coming years. It sounds like Webb is so much more efficient than anything else before it, so I feel like we'll get images a little more often?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need to see some zoomed-in galaxies from the uncompressed images, pls&ty.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the hype before this was actually too small for what we've seen. Despite all the technical difficulties and the blunders of the stream, the actual images and information behind them are breath-taking and mind-blowing. It's honestly overwhelming.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn at all the images!
Anyone know if we're getting more in the not too distant future? I need them in my veins

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Man, the hype before this was actually too small for what we've seen. Despite all the technical difficulties and the blunders of the stream, the actual images and information behind them are breath-taking and mind-blowing. It's honestly overwhelming.

And these are just the very, very first images...many years of mind-blowing and beautiful discoveries yet to be revealed.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah it sucks that the delays and some back presentation stuff is distracting some people. Finding evidence of clouds on a planet would normally be one of the two or three biggest space stories in a decade and they just kinda threw it out with the amazing pics.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017

And these are just the very, very first images...many years of mind-blowing and beautiful discoveries yet to be revealed.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it sucks that the delays and some back presentation stuff is distracting some people. Finding evidence of clouds on a planet would normally be one of the two or three biggest space stories in a decade and they just kinda threw it out with the amazing pics.

Not only clouds, water vapours clouds. That would have been a top news some years ago.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
And the fact that already after the first set of images a scientist says "and some things that we don't even know what they are yet, like this" is absolutely beautiful. The discoveries to come, can't wait.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing spectra of a galaxy 13.1 billion years away was unexpectedly emotional. To think that the Webb can easily create that data...

All the background galaxies appearing in every single image...

This delivered in so many levels, and beyond my expectations.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any idea of the level of detail that would be achieved by looking at planets in our solar system?