• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
hozdyDI.gif

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Trump doesn't like getting Obama'd I see. Well fuck off. Bams revenge needs to keep going.

Bams should run for 2020 as cheeto breaking rules left amd right. LETS GO!
BAMA/BETO TAG TEAM!!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Good! She already told him no, but he didn't listen I take it. He can do it elsewhere if he'd like.

No, Trump can't do it anywhere else BECAUSE Pelosi told him he couldn't do it in the House. It would be conceding defeat. Only "Losers" do that, and Trump isn't a Loser, never.
That's the beauty of the thing. Pelosi is brilliant on this one.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Also 98% of people/the media seemed to think that Pelosi's invitation was the actual permission to speak and not the floor vote on the House to authorize using the chamber in joint session for the SOTU.

They've never actually done that floor vote, so nothing's being rescinded.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Also 98% of people/the media seemed to think that Pelosi's invitation was the actual permission to speak and not the floor vote on the House to authorize using the chamber in joint session for the SOTU.

They've never actually done that floor vote, so nothing's being rescinded.
I'm going to need receipts on that percentage.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Trump to deliver the state of the union from the oval? From the Mall? Maybe from Covington Catholic surrounded by the MAGA youth? Ohhhh....this is going to be good. And by good, I mean incredibly embarrassing to the office of the presidency.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything stopping McConnell and the Senate Republicans from inviting Trump to give a speech in the Senate chamber? I'm not talking some kind of informal rule that involves respect for the other half of the legislative branch. This circus is way beyond the point where anyone is thinking about respect. I'm just curious if the Republicans might pull a, "Oh, yeah? We'll just have a smaller version of it over here then in front of us and the cameras" kind of maneuver.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Our government has become a series of big pissing contests.

Yeah, that will happen when you elect a celebrity President with no experience or willingness to learn. But in seriousness, our government has been like this for decades, and this is actually what checks and balances looks like. Paul Ryan let Trump do whatever the hell he wanted like he was a king. Nancy is actually keeping him in check.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Trump to deliver the state of the union from the oval? From the Mall? Maybe from Covington Catholic surrounded by the MAGA youth? Ohhhh....this is going to be good. And by good, I mean incredibly embarrassing to the office of the presidency.

I know what this is but actually laughed at the thought of Trump giving the SotU from the husk of a long dead anchor store at a mall.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saw something earlier that says the President may always physically walk in, but he can't just take to the floor and being speaking or anything.
What if one of his Republican cronies in the House invites him up to speak?

You know Trump is trying to figure out how to one up Pelosi.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right? They were crazy. She's been nothing short of fantastic these last 3 weeks. Finally someone who isn't afraid to stand up to this bully.

There was concern she wouldn't. Pelosi has performed a lot better than I expected, a lot of this was helped by the Dems remaining unified both on the left and right. That was made Pelosi's job easier.

I expect Trump will try to speak in the Senate- which should be filibustered if possible. If it can't, then Dems should refuse to show for it at all.