• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
sheesh my work didn't even let me do that, all I got to do was bring my laptop home with a charger so it wouldn't die...
yeah our IT dept was just like what do you want? take it with you. Makes sense, it was better than all the equipment sitting in storage for 2 months (we're being told dont expect to come back into the office until at least end of April)

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sony has appeared to be on top of this from the start. This is a great move, and the stipend is great as well

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
This way to optimistic of me but if working from home turns out to be productive i wonder if it''ll affect the crunch culture at these companies

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony has appeared to be on top of this from the start. This is a great move, and the stipend is great as well

Yeah, the amount of flak they caught in that PAX thread was incredible. Definitely not one of ERA's better moments.

Good on Sony for this move and for their consideration to their employees since this whole virus issue began.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeah, the amount of flak they caught in that PAX thread was incredible. Definitely not one of ERA's better moments.

Good on Sony for this move and for their consideration to their employees since this whole virus issue began.

You mean one of ERA's worst threads, if not ever.

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
Wow, that's really nice. The only thing I got from my employers for locking myself at home and slaving away is a bouquet of flowers and some cheese and chocolate lol. I wouldn't absolutely hate receiving $1000..

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
yeah our IT dept was just like what do you want? take it with you. Makes sense, it was better than all the equipment sitting in storage for 2 months (we're being told dont expect to come back into the office until at least end of April)
I got given a brand new laptop as did the rest of my department. We're key workers though so going into work still for now but we have them as back up should the worst happen.

Sam Bishop

Oct 29, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I don't know if that just means they will continue to work by moving work home or if it means they were already working from home.
We have been since the initial shelter-in-place orders went out for the Bay Area. We just finished the second full week, and to be frank, the powers that be have been pretty goddamn awesome about this whole situation. I completely took it for granted that everything effectively just sort of went on as usual, except from home, and now I'm getting a painful reality check that that is not the situation for most.

I got a ton of shit for how hard I've (voluntarily) worked for this company, but they have made every possible extension of effort and support during this whole mess, and well before it became a thing. It's times like this that I see how leadership takes care of their staff, and everything from VPN access to benefits communication despite it being the end of our fiscal year has been really, really impressive.

People often react positively when I say I work at PlayStation, but this is one of the reasons I'm going to point to in the future for why I'm here for the long haul, come what may.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
This way to optimistic of me but if working from home turns out to be productive i wonder if it''ll affect the crunch culture at these companies
Animator from Riot Games was guest a on last episode of DLC Podcast, and she mentioned how work from home is in some ways better because people cannot bother her and waste time for consultations that could have "just been an email". Now those meetings can actually be done faster.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I for one am shocked that it's pretty much *crickets* in this thread after the disgusting behaviour that came out of the PAX cancellation thread. SHOCKED, I tell you ...

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Bravo.

I know I am not the only here facing the threat of layoffs.

Good on Sony.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
Good. Lots of respect for standing by their contractors, it's depressingly rare these days.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Good to see that they seemingly haven't put out a PR statement about it yet either, unless they called the journalist to report on it.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
That's insanely nice on its own, but the fact that it also applies to external contractors is incredible. Unfortunately I've seen several companies fire all contractors where I live.

Oct 26, 2017
Literally everyone in the industry has been doing since the outbreak. I would be surprised if someone in the biz kept all their employees working in their studios in these weeks
Still worthy to praise where praise is due. I know enough people that lost their job over this. So it's good to hear some positive news.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Good news in these difficult times. Too bad positive news threads are usually not very active unlike the negative ones. Gives an accurate picture of the community

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Hope that after the corona virus the smart working will become the main way to work. It's so arcaic to associate the idea of work with the necessity to move from home to another (distant) place for 5 or 6 days a week

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
It is so weird to think that Sony was one of the first big companies to pull out of traxr shows because of the virus and back then everyone was like "overreaction" and "they actually have nothing to show!" and now the world is on complete lockdown with more than 500k cases worldwide

All of those posters should get a permanent tag for their stupidity.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PlayStation, more than other platforms, is huge worldwide in a way that others are not so with that view in mind, all of their decisions about events etc in relation to COVID-19 have come from the right place. Good on them for this.