• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keep those names or rethink it?

• Keep them.

Votes: 1,191 87.4%
  • Rethink it.

Votes: 156 11.4%
  • It would be like calling your kid Alan Taylor.

Votes: 16 1.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I mean how many people in your life can even rattle off your initials off the top of their head?
The ones who prob can don't care

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time they'll be LD - occasional formal documents/forms may need full names but you won't see it written LSD almost anywhere

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alice in Wonderland is going to a be a profound revelation when your kid finds out what LSD is lol.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Keep it. Most places only use first and last initials, and those that have 3-letter initials they like will use them regardless...

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
Having a child is the most mind altering experience, seems appropriate. Also you pretty much boosted her street cred to max

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why not add your wife's last name as the second last name of your child? That way your child's initials would be "LSDx" or "LSxD". It's also a good way to include your wife's lineage in your child's name-identity.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I had a friend (not seen in a long time), who used his middle name as his first name..... So his middle name was Scott. He was called Scott. By everyone. His parents wanted to call him Scott A**** D*****, but his grandman said they couldnt call him that because his initials would be SAD. So they called him A*** Scott D*****. ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). I guess it goes to show that sometimes these Acronyms are meaningless ? (Before anyone launches at me, my kid has ASD, so I'm not trying to make any particular comment)

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_n5wp6odp091szvk8w.gif

Seriously though, I'd keep it!

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I know someone who's initials are ALS. They didn't even know about the disease the majority of their life.
It's all good. Keep the names if you love them.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations on figuring out her superhero/DJ/mob hitman/wrestler/full house name early!

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
If anything I feel like that's a cool set of initials. It's not like it's VAG or something which they'd be bound to be made fun of (specifically noting this one since someone I knew had this issue).

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
If you do go with the name then do not tell them about this or else it will be self fulfilled like a prophecy lol.

But honestly, it would be a pretty cool nickname.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I'm more concerned about the Japanese name. Do you guys are Japanese or have Japanese decent?.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fine, because the issue with dumb names is <10yo kids

And <10yo kids won't be smart enough to do the initials, and wouldn't know what LSD is anyway.

If you're really worried, have her take your wife's last name?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
My initials are ASS, and the only way it affected me through 25+ year so far is just not being able to use my initials as a nickname.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Think about how many kids you knew growing up. If you're like me you maybe knew the middle names of a handful of em, and even then I doubt you thought much about their initials.