• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It's a testament to her that you were able to write such a moving post. My deepest condolences

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm so sorry. :(

Thank you for sharing, that was a beautiful post. The last line hit me kind of hard, as this is how I often feel about my own mother, even if she passed away long ago.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I'm so sorry for your loss. From your posts it sounds like you and your family made her last days as happy as possible. I think there's solace to be found in that.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a really strong relationship and, crucially, an understanding of it.

RIP to your mum.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I absolutely dread losing mine.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I know how hard it is to lose your mother... And to lung cancer as well... Same as me and my mum...

Mine went from diagnosed to passing in 3 months... So I know how difficult it can be... She passed away in Nov 2019 and I'd say I'm only just coming to terms with it..

I'm really sorry...

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine that day. I'm at the least glad that she got to spend time with you watching Mary Poppins. That you can share one last memory with her. My condolences to you and your family Retro. Thinking of you and your family!

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry for your loss, I cried reading this, I really hope you're able to stay strong.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry OP. I'm not exactly religious, but I'm praying for you to find the strength to keep trucking along. Terrified that I won't when the day comes. Hugs from an internet stranger.

Oswald

Nov 26, 2019
My condolences. Given the history you described, it sounds like you made the most out of those final moments & she appreciated it just as much as you did. You can never say "I love you," enough to those around you, but I'm sure she's well aware of how much you love her. She'll now be with you always.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss OP.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are here for you

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you take some solace in having this memory of her.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I'm really sorry to hear that, OP. My condolences.

That was a very nice post. I'm sure she understands how much you loved her.

Last edited:

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Very sorry to hear that Retro, if you ever need someone to talk to hit me up <3

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss and am grateful you chose to share it here. Your words were beautiful. I lost my dad to multiple myeloma two years ago and miss him desperately sometimes.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what you're going through. Thank you for such a beautifully written remembrance of your mother. She clearly had a hugely positive effect on you and others and will be missed.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP, lost mine last July to cancer, she was only 62. :(

She sounded like a wonderful person and mother. May she rest in peace and best of luck to you going through this. I won't lie, it's a rough ride when you're close to your mom.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Very, very sorry for your loss.

Beautiful tribute you wrote. She was surrounded by love and her favorite things. Her legacy will continue thru you.

Stay strong.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
I am so sorry for your loss.
I wish you strength love and support during your time of grieving.
My condolences .

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I am so sorry for your loss, Retro. However much you may think you didn't say it enough, you made it clear on the time you spent with her. She knew.

Where myself, I was a fool. My mother passed in 2007, I still miss her everyday. She was in remission of breast cancer for 14 years and then it returned to her throat, then it went to her bone and finally to her liver. She wanted to do a get-away weekend and I kept putting it off because I kept saying we'd have time. It was part trying to convince myself she would get past this, get better and we would have 30 years still. We never did get that get-away weekend, and I regret it to this day. I was in denial. And as I said, I was a fool.

You showed your mom how much she was loved by every movie you watched, every minute you spent together. She knew. And besides all of that, she knew. For how much of a idiot I was, my mom still knew I loved her immensely.

My deepest condolences.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Damn sorry for your loss man, you got me crying over here. My mother passed in July, we were also very close and loved going to disney together as well. Hang in there.