• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What do you imagine the final volume cover would be like?
#1 Hero Deku walking tall with his classmates behind him with similar composition to Vol. 1?
Deku and Shiggy?
Solo Bakugo?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo as MC would be annoying

There's a lot of characters in fiction i love as side characters that would be terrible or less tolerable as MCs
This is true.

Shigaraki sequel series where he tries to mellow out seems more likely
What do you imagine the final volume cover would be like?
#1 Hero Deku walking tall with his classmates behind him with similar composition to Vol. 1?
Deku and Shiggy?
Solo Bakugo?
Either Froppy solo cover or class 1-a at the memorial of whichever student doesn't make it out of the final arc.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I still can't believe Rody's quirk wasn't "Hardcore Parkour", dude has insane skill. More than most of the kids in training at UA lmao

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugoat claiming #1 once again. All is right.

Aoyama being the traitor is a whole lot better than the possible Hagakure betrayal. Him being indebted to AFO because of being quirkless is a nice twist imo, contrasting well with Deku being indebted to All Might (though not blackmailed of course). Makes the early scenes of Aoyama creeping on Deku make more sense. After last week's "the traitor is *googles her name* Hagakure" I was bored outta my mind. Still kinda don't care about the traitor plot tbh but this is a lot better.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
my boy Rody making it in the top ten

truly the greatest MCU character and I can't wait for his return in armor wars

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Does Rody have enough momentum to make it into the coveted season opener original episode slot.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You guys think we're not skipping right to the bath chapter and skipping all the war/hunt arc? Wish I could be that confident/s

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugoat claiming #1 once again. All is right.

Aoyama being the traitor is a whole lot better than the possible Hagakure betrayal. Him being indebted to AFO because of being quirkless is a nice twist imo, contrasting well with Deku being indebted to All Might (though not blackmailed of course). Makes the early scenes of Aoyama creeping on Deku make more sense. After last week's "the traitor is *googles her name* Hagakure" I was bored outta my mind. Still kinda don't care about the traitor plot tbh but this is a lot better.

yeah when I read this chapter the first thing I thought of was the scene in the manga/anime with Aoyama watching Deku sleep.

I wonder how this will pan out

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna admit I was wrong, I always thought it would be hagakure but the bait and switch was good

and lol at the fanbase on reddit and twitter trying to act like they didnt overreact last week, pathetic
Bakugo as MC would be annoying

There's a lot of characters in fiction i love as side characters that would be terrible or less tolerable as MCs
this, Bakugo works (well sort of, bakugo comedy is still horrible and honestly kind ofbad taste), because he is a side character
main character bakugo would just be your regular screaming shonen mc but now with anger issues
This is objectively better than Hagakure (assuming it's just Aoyama and there's no more twists) since Aoyama at least sorta kinda had an on-screen relationship with Deku and lol at the double (triple?) bluff Hori pulled given the original chapter that made people briefly think it was him. Even got an explanation/understanding as to why the traitor didn't really accomplish much all this time.

But him and his family jist being straightforwardly blackmailed rather than actually secretly malicious still makes it ultimately a dull and boring conclusion (especially with how he's found out) to this subplot given how long we had to wait for it

I mean I'll take it I guess compared to the alternative, but yea

All that serious stuff aside, lmao at that being the quirk AfO gave him, dude really is evil
I see some here cant take the L and admit they were wrong last week

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Pretty indifferent on the bait and switch. My reaction was still "meh".

To me, Aoyama is a nobody who barely does anything and hasn't been relevant to the plot in years.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

To me, Aoyama is a nobody who barely does anything and hasn't been relevant to the plot in years.

Its been such a long time since we've had any actual traitor subplot that it's hard not to shrug at this "reveal", maybe if there had been some sabotaging at the mansion raid or something then this would've worked a lot better. As it stands it's just another subplot Horikoshi is crossing off his list as he bumrushes it to the finish line.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if you claim every character is a nobody it is easy to say they don't do anything to you
but nah, you are wrong, aoyama isnt a nobody, of the minor characters he is the only one with constant development and important moments in every arc
His moment in the camp, the license exam and the cheese incident where all to develop him and show his motivations without outright showing that he is the traitor. I think it is really well done and very impactful, no other character would be more impactful than him
I would still prefer hagakure because i prefer a villain traiotr but aoyama is the best alternative and that has actually been developed to be the traitor
Its been such a long time since we've had any actual traitor subplot that it's hard not to shrug at this "reveal", maybe if there had been some sabotaging at the mansion raid or something then this would've worked a lot better. As it stands it's just another subplot Horikoshi is crossing off his list as he bumrushes it to the finish line.
I don't know how can you say that considering the circumstances
Aoyama did this because of AFO, when AFO was arrested he had 0 reason to help the league
Like I dont blame you for not liking it, but you need to consider the writing consistency for these things to work, you can't just say he is bumrushing because you dont like it

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take Bakugo's yelling over Deku's crying any day of the week
complaining about deku crying in 2021 lol

like he didnt cry for what, 200 chapters until his fight against 1A, and let's not forget that the reason he cries so much is because of bakugo and once he solved his issues with bakugo he pretty much stopped crying

another reason why deku is a better protagonist, his annoying aspect is long gone and bakugo isnt

and imo bakugo doesnt work without deku anyway, that is why bakugo is pretty much glued to deku in the plot while characters like shoto can have their own storyline

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
perhaps the best chapter since Bakugo's apology, I have a feeling Aoyama is going to blow up next chapter

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
complaining about deku crying in 2021 lol

like he didnt cry for what, 200 chapters until his fight against 1A, and let's not forget that the reason he cries so much is because of bakugo and once he solved his issues with bakugo he pretty much stopped crying

another reason why deku is a better protagonist, his annoying aspect is long gone and bakugo isnt

and imo bakugo doesnt work without deku anyway, that is why bakugo is pretty much glued to deku in the plot while characters like shoto can have their own storyline
Who said anything about 2021, I'm talking about the whole series. Dude will cry over anything lol Bakugo is not the sole reason

The rest I just don't agree with. Bakugo has better chemistry with characters than Deku, the mini arc he had with Shoto getting their licenses were gold. Bakugo is attacked to Deku for Deku's benefit, not the other way around.

I love how I said I wanted a Bakugo spin off and yall jumped up saying it would never work. Lmao chill y'all gotta loosen up

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Who said anything about 2021, I'm talking about the whole series. Dude will cry over anything lol Bakugo is not the sole reason

The rest I just don't agree with. Bakugo has better chemistry with characters than Deku, the mini arc he had with Shoto getting their licenses were gold. Bakugo is attacked to Deku for Deku's benefit, not the other way around.

I love how I said I wanted a Bakugo spin off and yall jumped up saying it would never work. Lmao chill y'all gotta loosen up
like? Give examples, or not because it is a straight up lie
Bakugo has better chemistry with who? With shoto? They arent even close friends like deku and shoto. With the rest of the class? The only ones he has better chemistry is Kaminari, Sero, kirishima... and that is about it
Meanwhile deku has Iida, aoyama, ochako, tokoyami, mineta, shoto, shoji, tokoyami.
Also this whole thing of men crying= annoying/weak is toxis as fuck

Like I know you are a bakugo fanboy but please, you don't need to bad talk deku just to make your favorite character look better

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
like? Give examples, or not because it is a straight up lie
Bakugo has better chemistry with who? With shoto? They arent even close friends like deku and shoto. With the rest of the class? The only ones he has better chemistry is Kaminari, Sero, kirishima... and that is about it
Meanwhile deku has Iida, aoyama, ochako, tokoyami, mineta, shoto, shoji, tokoyami.
Also this whole thing of men crying= annoying/weak is toxis as fuck

Like I know you are a bakugo fanboy but please, you don't need to bad talk deku just to make your favorite character look better
The lack of self awareness in this post is making my head spin

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

I kinda don't agree on the Bakugo chemistry part since a lot of the interactions Bakugo has falls under characters being reactionary towards his over the top nature which leads him overshadowing most characters when he does take the spotlight which does get old quickly, he'd probably work better in a gag spin off as opposed to a regular one

On the crying part, Deku's crying never really bothered me because it would always fall under 2 camps, the I understand why this kid is crying camp and the oh it's just a gag camp

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Deku crying is more of a meme than anything and I don't think Bakugo relationship is what i call chemistry

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I kinda don't agree on the Bakugo chemistry part since a lot of the interactions Bakugo has falls under characters being reactionary towards his over the top nature which leads him overshadowing most characters when he does take the spotlight which does get old quickly, he'd probably work better in a gag spin off as opposed to a regular one

On the crying part, Deku's crying never really bothered me because it would always fall under 2 camps, the I understand why this kid is crying camp and the oh it's just a gag camp
You could say the same about Deadpool and similarly overbearing characters, but it can work if executed well. Bakugo has a strong personality but I tend to enjoy his interactions with his classmates more than any other 1-A pairing. Bakugo's personality always bring out a reaction in his classmates which I enjoy. Even Shoto just being nonchalant while Kacchan is going off is entertaining. Deku's crying hasn't really bothered me either except once or twice, but I would still take Bakugo's antics over it.

Also, if Bakugo were to become MC, his character would be adjusted for it. Like when Angel got his own spin off from Buffy. You have to start writing the character in the role they are in

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my My Hero 2 pitch:
Somehow, AfO has returned! He body jacks Deku and gets up to some evil. Was this his true plan all along?

It's up to Bakguo and Rody to save the world and bring Deku home.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I tend to find Bakugo's interactions with the some of the cast more interesting, like with Shoto.

Also part of why I jokingly oppose Deku/Ochaco is that the girl in the cast Deku has the best chemistry is the movie girl Melissa that we may never hear from again.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I mean, if you claim every character is a nobody it is easy to say they don't do anything to you
but nah, you are wrong, aoyama isnt a nobody, of the minor characters he is the only one with constant development and important moments in every arc
His moment in the camp, the license exam and the cheese incident where all to develop him and show his motivations without outright showing that he is the traitor. I think it is really well done and very impactful, no other character would be more impactful than him
I would still prefer hagakure because i prefer a villain traiotr but aoyama is the best alternative and that has actually been developed to be the traitor

I don't know how can you say that considering the circumstances
Aoyama did this because of AFO, when AFO was arrested he had 0 reason to help the league
Like I dont blame you for not liking it, but you need to consider the writing consistency for these things to work, you can't just say he is bumrushing because you dont like it

Hori could have written anyone as the traitor. The plot point is so poorly elaborated on (he himself saying it was mostly dropped) and he could have retconned in anybody as the traitor. You can use the "AFO gave them their power" for anyone. Aoyama is a boring pick imo. Invisible girl could have had potential as you finally see her character and she could have had other quirks to make her interesting. Aoyama has a quirk that doesn't work most of the time so he's not a threat at all. He'll do something heroic in the final arc and everyone will forgive him. Deku probably won't even be mad.

To me, it's the most boring way to wrap up that loose end. Hori is just going down a checklist of stuff to resolve since he's speed running to the end. I find it a bit sad/depressing. I loved MHA and to see it reduced to this sucks. The last few months have made me question why I even liked MHA. It's very Game of Thrones like with how badly it's bungling it's ending.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

He's the least boring of the boring options.
Don't be shy, talk what you want to talk, because otherwise it is just a passerby post that doesnt mean anything
You defend literally every decision made by this manga including immediately swerving your previous opinions when the manga goes differently from what you were defending the previous week.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He's the least boring of the boring options.

You defend literally every decision made by this manga including immediately swerving your previous opinions when the manga goes differently from what you were defending the previous week.
i dont defend everything, i just dont talk about the things i like because they are either minor, or they cause a ruckus like when i talk about some parts of bakugo i dislike
i also talked this week i think the toga thing in the chapter was weird.
also if you could bring examples of when i did the bold it would help, just because i defend different things doesnt mean my opinion changed, just mean i am open that the manga can go differently from what I predict that is something i always defended here