• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Hawks still came to save Nagant

Forgive me for the art spam but Hawks is the best.

But two things I am not 100% with is Hawks's wings and Deku's mid gauntlets.

I don't mind them functioning right now but hopefully they get damaged more to show more lasting effects from the war. We already saw his wings pretty small and Deku's broke one gauntlet in this fight so let's see what happens next.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Frankly, I appreciate Deku finally getting to be OP. This series disappointed me way back in episode 3 when I realized that the show isn't about a kid without superpowers Batman-ing his way into being a superhero regardless.

Then I got nervous when the new premise—the story of how the previously-powerless kid becomes the most powerful hero in the world—looked like it wouldn't happen either. Sure, the initial stuff about OFA breaking his body was compelling, but with the school setting and the rivalries and such it really looked like Deku would be nerfed for the entire series and we'd only get to see the mythical "even stronger than All Might" Deku in a post-series time skip.

But nope. It took awhile, but we're really going all-in on this premise. Deku's still not even in the same league as All Might in his prime, but that future is visible on the horizon now. It's fun!

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, I appreciate Deku finally getting to be OP. This series disappointed me way back in episode 3 when I realized that the show isn't about a kid without superpowers Batman-ing his way into being a superhero regardless.

Then I got nervous when the new premise—the story of how the previously-powerless kid becomes the most powerful hero in the world—looked like it wouldn't happen either. Sure, the initial stuff about OFA breaking his body was compelling, but with the school setting and the rivalries and such it really looked like Deku would be nerfed for the entire series and we'd only get to see the mythical "even stronger than All Might" Deku in a post-series time skip.

But nope. It took awhile, but we're really going all-in on this premise. Deku's still not even in the same league as All Might in his prime, but that future is visible on the horizon now. It's fun!

Well said. After 300 chapters and Hori sidelining the MC for like a year or two, we are finally here.

Multiple quirks Deku is so goddamn fun man. Just one look at the latest chapter, and you can tell Hori is having the time of his life.

However, I do want something better than the mid gauntlets explanation or whatever. I feel like Hori can do better. Now that one of them is kinda broken, what will happen? Fix or get another one? That's why I want to be patient and see.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Question:

Do we know what happened to the USJ Nomu? I remember that they got it into custody after it was punched into the stratosphere by All Might, but I can't recall if we saw it after that.

There'd be some good irony if it's the one enemy that ends up killing AM.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Question:

Do we know what happened to the USJ Nomu? I remember that they got it into custody after it was punched into the stratosphere by All Might, but I can't recall if we saw it after that.

There'd be some good irony if it's the one enemy that ends up killing AM.

That's all we know (from the fan wiki):

Vs. Hero Killer Arc

Nomu has been imprisoned by the Police Force, locked up in a straitjacket. The Police Force try to get information from Nomu, but he does not respond or react to anything they do. Instead, the Police Force did a DNA analysis on Nomu.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect the final quirk will assist Deku's arms in some way, given that the second holder has gauntlets.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect the final quirk will assist Deku's arms in some way, given that the second holder has gauntlets.

gXU80xw.gif

Lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Final quirk unbreakable arms
I wouldn't be surprised if it is some kind of arm transformation quirk. In the vestige realm, the second holder is seen having doubled up gauntlets, but in the flashback where he frees Yoichi, he only has one gauntlet on one side. Dunno if that was deliberate or just a casual oversight, but the they've always prioritized his arms as some kind of focal point, and I'd be surprised if this is going to lead to Deku needing another major gauntlet/costume revision just to accommodate it since his current ones are all about streamlining.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Speaking of the Nomus is still odd that in the end nothing came up of Hori teasing that the Nomu who took Deku after the fight against Stain was their childhood friend Tsubasa (fat kid with wings)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY got a chance to read the chapter (was chewing through my World Trigger reread and was forcibly reminded of Viz's 100 back-chapters limit lmao) and yeah, Nagant is 100% not dead. Literally had Hawks rushing in going "don't die on me, Nagant!"

She's gonna be fine, somehow.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY got a chance to read the chapter (was chewing through my World Trigger reread and was forcibly reminded of Viz's 100 back-chapters limit lmao) and yeah, Nagant is 100% not dead. Literally had Hawks rushing in going "don't die on me, Nagant!"

She's gonna be fine, somehow.

I mean her body had cracks and blew up and there's a guy with her that has a quirk that basically repairs depending on how he uses it

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Rykyu in the war, she was cool there saving everyone, and while she didnt exactly hold her own again shigaraki, she still contributed a lot against one of the strongest beings in the manga

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Last movie had everyone do something cool though.

But in typical mha movie style, they will all take an L and come back stronger.

Yay!

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Basically, it's the 3rd who was talking and is in awe of our boy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.