• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(EDIT: Apparently not butt rock, just bad rock.)

Fighting Blaze the Cat:

I did not prompt him or predispose him in any way. He was just playing, said he hated the song, then muted it on his third or so attempt because he couldn't stand it any more.

He did mention he might like it if he were "at the beach or something." So there's that, I guess, Sonic fans.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
That tune takes me right back to a 2007 MySpace page of a scene kid.

I can see why he muted it, lol.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Smash Ultimate, so I have a question. What is the full list of Sonic songs does it have?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The orchestral version of this song is dope though. I entered this thread ready to die on the hill that is Crush 40.

Just be glad they didn't put in any Sonic R music.
Yeah, not sure the people who play smash could handle such masterful pieces.

Sonic Colors music is absolutely garbage yeah
Better than most Sonic Osts released in the last 13 years. Better not see anyone mention any remixes

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, that song is pretty bad.

Ask him what he thinks of Live and Learn before you judge his taste in Sonic music.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Man our music taste is different. I became intrested in sonic colors because of the music it had. I'll say that singing isn't the best, but it's nowhere near garbage.

Bottom five worst Sonic scores in the series like its pulled out of Dreamcast era. Sounds like Jun Senoue b-sides, a huge downgrade from Unleashed.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Colors theme isn't butt rock. It's early to mid-2000's EDM pop and was performed by the lead singer of Cash Cash.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
literally thought to myself "I bet it's Reach for the Stars" before entering the thread lol, yeah it's probably the worst Sonic song in the game.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic buttrock is bad.
Smash vocal theme is awful.

I guess not all games can be truly perfect.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
If you're strong you can fly
You can reach the other side
Of the rainbow
It's alright, take a chance
'Cause there is no circumstance
That you can't handle
(When you use your mind)

Mr. Bad's got it good
But this ain't his neighborhhod
He's takin' over... No, no
Time is now, he can't hide
Find the power deep inside
And make it happen

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Play some Sonic R tracks and see how he feels. I was surprised when I realized they weren't on the track listing.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If y'all want to know what butt rock actually is, go listen to Nickelback.

Butt rock = bad rock music.

Oct 25, 2017
I have the same reaction to most Sonic vocals in Smash. And I haven't even heard this one yet.

I had the Metal Sonic fight and one with Silver.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: Antagonizing community members.
The type of people that like this kind of Sonic music pee by pulling their pants down all the way.

You're doin' right by your boy.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
None of the 3D Sonic game music has aged well. Like the entire mania OST puts over a decade worth of Sonic tracks to shame.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Goddamn it, fighting that boss with that music playing was an incredible moment, and I won't be dissuaded.
This guys gets it. The worst part of Adventure is when they play a different track for the final part of that fight.

None of the 3D Sonic game music has aged well. Like the entire mania OST puts over a decade worth of Sonic tracks to shame.
There's something about the final boss theme being an orchestral version of the main theme or the main theme blaring in all it's glory that is insanely hype and that isn't in Mania, though the final boss track in that game is good.