• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's already unlocked for me in europe. Only could play around for a few minutes but this looks very positive so far. Can't wait to dive into this tonight.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Desperately needs touch screen support tho. Was hoping to use the Brain Training stylus on it.
That switch screen just isn't cut out for fine control.

I too miss the stylus controls from DS/3DS Picross too. I've been playing a lot of nonograms recently on my iPad with the Apple Pencil. Pretty great.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Finished the first 'case', took me around 4 hours. Puzzles are good so far (I mean, it's picross. You either like it or not!) and the dialog is snappy. Must've been around 30 I found in the first case with varying difficulty.

Beautiful little quirk of the game - when you finish a picross puzzle of an item, it appears in your inventory as that puzzle as evidence to 'present'. Makes the picross more blended into the game 🙂

And they've gone full into the Phoenix Wright pun names too!

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should just blindly get this; or if I should wait for more impressions to see if it's good...

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Damn y'all Switch players.
I am going to wait for the PC version, so I'll read impressions over here.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I should just blindly get this; or if I should wait for more impressions to see if it's good...
Same. On one hand, these are literally two of my favorite genres, hell, favorite games mashed together in one beautiful package. But on the other, I don't want it to be not as amazing as the premise is. It would break my heart. :(

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same. On one hand, these are literally two of my favorite genres, hell, favorite games mashed together in one beautiful package. But on the other, I don't want it to be not as amazing as the premise is. It would break my heart. :(

I mean, it's also like 13 bucks right now. Not exactly a high buy in. Even Aviary Attorney is more expensive.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Played 30 mins or so during the commute and the first case is ramping up. Really like it so far! Dialogue is well written and interesting, the game has a nice polish to it. Looking forward to playing more

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna buy it on Humble, but I fear something like what happened with The Pedestrian will happen here.
I tweeted at them asking about Humble and it got removed from the service D:

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
small nitpick: i don't like how when someone is talking and they get cut off by someone else their text box is automatically skipped

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
oh snap. I had it in my head that this came out on the 15th (even though that is a sunday now that I look) ideally my preorder works on the switch when I wake up.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
before, like me, you get worried when you scroll through the four cases and see there arent many puzzles, those are just extra puzzles you unlock as you play, "Scout's Memories", they dont include the actual story puzzles.

Brews

Feb 27, 2020
Italy
First time I hear of this. The art style looks really fun and so does the gameplay footage. Will probably buy it for Switch.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thats a good thing and how the Picross S games work.
not true, there's an option in jupiter's games, and it's set by default to stop at the edge.

92509c28-1023-407d-88gjk4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I don't remember ever looping around to the other side.
you have to set it to loop if you want. it makes sense for it to stop at the edge. if you want to mark the first block or start counting from there, you just hold a direction to get there and shouldn't have to actually pay attention to stop there yourself.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I set it to loop then in the S games? It makes crossing off rows and shit much easier

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I set it to loop then in the S games? It makes crossing off rows and shit much easier
I didn't even know it existed, but you're right, if a row or culumn is full or empty it is much easier that way, on the other hand, if you want to fill from the inside to the edge, it is worse.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is the Picross the only game element while the investigations more or less progress by themselves, or is there a degree of knowing what to do with the evidence you get (a la Ace Attorney)?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Picross the only game element while the investigations more or less progress by themselves, or is there a degree of knowing what to do with the evidence you get (a la Ace Attorney)?
you still have to navigate from location to location, ask questions from people, and present evidence to them (based on the little i've played), and there's an investigate mode to find the puzzles. it's not just scrolling text between picross puzzles.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
you still have to navigate from location to location, ask questions from people, and present evidence to them (based on the little i've played), and there's an investigate mode to find the puzzles. it's not just scrolling text between picross puzzles.
So Ace Attorney but you get a puzzle once you find a clue?

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

That's good to hear. Looking forward to digging in tonight.

hersheyfan