• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Self-insert trash
EVY3Ld9UcAEGGPm

Lol.
lmao

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it seems clear that this is intentionally trying to channel Weird Twitter energy

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
My initial reaction from seeing the girl type ranma comic was that this was weird and not great. Then I read from the start and it's probably my favorite ongoing internet comic now. It's hilarious, and the amount of effort he puts into even the noncomic things are amazing to me. His interview program thing, the adventure game, all gold.

bitsykibbles

Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever been to a con artist alley? If companies cracked down on every artist selling merch and fanzines for their characters it'd be a ghost town

Yes, but that still doesn't really answer my question. And to be honest, I don't care about the poor little artist using someone else's content in a grimey way to make money. I'd just like to know why this flys when someone is *making money* off it.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but that still doesn't really answer my question. And to be honest, I don't care about the poor little artist using someone else's content in a grimey way to make money. I'd just like to know why this flys when someone is *making money* off it.
I guess I'm not too concerned about the major corporations being upset by this. Betty Boop herself is public domain, I believe.

EDIT: Oh, I'm wrong about Boop. There's a whole problem of no one knows who owns her, not that she's PD.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
In case people aren't getting that this is a joke that's a commentary on fandom and self-insertion.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm genuinely puzzled by the fact that some people in this thread legitimately can't tell if Alec Robbins is being serious or not.

Like, the way the comic is written, and the kinds of 'storylines' it goes to make it incredibly obvious that it's all ironic.

(I wish Betty Boop was my wife though, damn you Alec!)

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Damn near lost my shit when I read:

Alec: I wonder if Bugs Bunny is able to get and maintain an erection.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's Mr. Boop. He's married to Betty Boop, who is his wife, and who he loves a lot and who loves him too a lot and they have sex.
Also Betty Boop is also god, and a woman, and he's married to her.

It's a good comic

The funniest part of all of this is the people who don't understand who Alec Robbins is despite the fact that his Twitter bio says he worked on the Eric Andre show

Honestly though the absolute best part of it is the clips of the fake public access comic discussion show "The Strip Club"

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
This is the funniest thing ever posted on this forum.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
not quite sure whether the people who didn't instantly recognize this as a joke are the winners or the losers here