• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Misogynistic language
chie top 5 is acceptable

though she stomps all p5 thots in actual reality
stomps them with her ATHLETE'S FOOT

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped for joy seeing P1&2 in the top 10 let alone the top 5.

Suck it you Persona Perpetrators! OGs up in this bitch.

Edit: wait...fuck...I read the poll opposite. FML.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Seeing my Queen winning gives me life
PhoenixAKG
Makoto deserves it cuz she's a freaking badass
Now if Sae was a Phantom Thief, then I might need to reconsider

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

LOOOOOOOL

lebron-laugh.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Makoto is a Karen, I can just see her bitching out a manager at a restaurant. Some Big Bang Burger worker out there cussing under their breath when they see her come in.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I chose Makoto in P5R because she seemed cool as fuck.

It took much, much longer than it should have before I realized that, thanks to my poor decisionmaking, Joker is now dating a fucking cop.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Marie is an interesting character. I'll never get why Persona fans continuously shit on her.
I think it's mainly a combination of her tsundere-ness and the way they try to integrate her into the group. P4G was my first Persona game and even then I could tell that Marie didn't really "fit in" with the rest of the cast and that the game was trying too hard to get me to like her lmao. There's also the P4G anime which I hear takes it even further, though I never watched it myself.

It almost feels like Sumi in Royal was a response to Marie criticism, since she doesn't really interact with the rest of the cast sans the protagonist as much as Marie did, and her personality is almost the complete opposite. Not sure what her reception was like in Japan though

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

jxxzc3tgtju61.png

I chose Makoto in P5R because she seemed cool as fuck.

It took much, much longer than it should have before I realized that, thanks to my poor decisionmaking, Joker is now dating a fucking cop.
On one hand, fuck the police.

On the other hand, fuck the police ;)

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What the hell? Yukiko and Mitsuru are way to low.

Good for Makoto though

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Makoto is basic. Time for you all to Reach out to the Truth.

Man I was about to shit on this list until I saw #1. That's the only pick they got right! Futaba way too high and Mitsuru way too low.

Legit laughing so goddamn hard right now 🤣

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Not surprised Makoto is number 1, she has the best awakening by far and the base game really makes it feel like she is the canon romantic route for Joker.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see Rise below both Naoto and Chie from 4.

Kasumi being #2 is a little surprising as well, given she's only in Royale (though I suppose she is kinda wish-fulfill-y for a lot of that game, and is pushed pretty hard)

Makoto being #1 is pretty easy to see, though ;)

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Marie is an interesting character. I'll never get why Persona fans continuously shit on her.
Honestly I found her obnoxious the entire game. She constantly has the same gimmick in every interaction with her: "What's fsteak? It's good. Stupidjerkihateyou. What's this comb?" There's very little character development there and most of that comes near the end and even that sucks.

You would think "Okay just ignore her s-link then." NOPE. They make it a point to have her "drop" one of her poems in the Velvet Room, you read it, she goes "How did that get there? Why did you read it? Stupidjerkihateyou." They do this every month, just to go "hey did you know Marie is in this game? I don't think you knew."

And then what's really not helping her case is that her special dungeon is tied to a bad gimmick: after every battle you lose half your SP. The enemies are easy, but you'll find yourself equipping the SP recovery accessories (since they take all your items and replace them with specific ones for the dungeon) and killing all the enemies but one, and just having everyone guard until you get enough SP back. Sitting there and just constantly hitting guard is not fun or interesting, it's just time wasting. The boss was okay, but not hard.

Then she also changes some aspects of the original game's story. Honestly the only thing I really liked about her was the neat little payoff at the end: She becomes the local weather lady and can control the weather herself, and does so while the protagonist is visiting.

That was clearly not worth all the rest of the nonsense with her though.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like character popularity polls are probably the thing I get most personally offended by. Like I understand that not everyone's going to like the same shows or movies or games or whatever as me and that's fine. But when someone does like the same stuff as me but they like different characters, I have a such a hard time understanding the appeal of certain characters or understanding why the characters I like aren't more popular. Honestly, Makoto's popularity is really baffling to me. I don't hate her or anything but I just don't understand the insane level of popularity she has. Akechi on the hand, I can't fucking stand that guy at all but I do feel like I understand his appeal a lot more than I understand Makoto's.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Ann deserves higher, but it makes sense that she's not when the game throws her to the wayside for fan service after the first palace.
I also feel like if we had a modern P3 port of some sort and redid the poll, a lot of the characters like Mitsuru would be higher.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
maya and yukino got robbed... we really need that persona 2 duology remake/remaster to make people see the light

And even if we only take P3-P4-P5... the P5 characters are so boring to me, but since it's the most popular game of course they would take top 3

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Queen #1 as it should be. Makoto is the best... now let me main her in the fighting game already please.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Kasumi made 5's story worse

I disagree. although I like Vanilla P5's ending more than Royal's, Kasumi and Maruki introductions were more fitting into the base P5 narrative than I was expecting, Kasumi feels like a natural addition and not shoehorned in and it actually made me understand and somewhat sympathize with that pancake lover too.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I recognize like 3 of those names and Ive beaten Persona 2, 3, 4 and 5 lol

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising honestly, she's the best girl at least in P5.

I hope we do not get the males poll, I don't want to see Akechi high again.