• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Damn 2 god tier fatalities

Wow I'm slow. I've watched this a ton of times already and it just now dawns on me that not only is she doing the heart pose thing, but she's doing it where her heart was. Fuck I'm an idiot. These guys are outdoing themselves, might be the first time I'm actually impressed with NRS.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Her intro dialogue with 'old' Sonya really makes me wish for a few wrinkles to be added onto the latter's face model. She doesn't look like a special forces commander in their 50s at all like wtf.

May 26, 2018
Not just the stances, but the proportions too.

MKX's women were an improvement over 9, but still had freakishly long necks and weird limbs. 11 is the first modern MK game that nails realistic proportions. Characters are still muscular and bulky but they look like they could be actual people again. In a way, it's the first MK game to do this since 3/Ultimate/Trilogy, or arguably 4.

y'know, I was just thinking that today? It's the first time since the originals we've taken a big step towards those first digitalized image captures of martial artists. We're finally getting there. MK, as a series, has had a lonnnnng sophomore period.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
It's almost weird seeing the characters get so realistic. Almost like seeing cosplayers sometimes.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's actually capable of speaking unironically these days?
1528315714826-Nancy7.png

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
And how many of them would go "Can't get enough cat videos!" unironically and unprovoked in real life? That's textbook "old person writing hip lingo" dialogue right there. Like something you'd see in the fake social media feeds in games like Persona 5 and Spider-Man.

It's frequently used in a lot of TV shows stil.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
In the first timeline she doesn't even exist. I wonder how are the reactions of her father and mother from the first timeline when fighting her or seeing her.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so after watching a bunch of cassie cage gameplay on youtube i have come to the conclusion that her voice, design, and moveset are better in MK11, however her personality is superior in MKX. that is primarily based on the intros, which can always change as we get more, but so far she just doesn't have the snark that she did in MKX.