• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It is getting very tiring to try and remember all the names in the growing list of Unforgivably Scumbag Developers.

Funny how many of these white male supremacists frame themselves as "history buffs"...

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
It's ironic because alt-rights tend to make fun of "libtards" for being triggered easily.

But yeah no fuck these devs, I was actually about to pick this up.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it the more dumbfounded I am by sheer ridiculousness of their solution.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It is getting very tiring to try and remember all the names in the growing list of Unforgivably Scumbag Developers.

Funny how many of these white male supremacists frame themselves as "history buffs"...

They're in love with the part of history which let white men shit all over everyone else so I can see why they like history so much.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
But why are people even complaining about this? Surely it can't be because "my realism" considering the absurdity of what I've seen of the game so far. Plus, can't you play all kinds of music with the lute? Some people are so sad and seeing devs give in like this is really disappointing. Ugh.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Are such actions appealable?
If you mean if this is something Valve considers a valid reason to grant a refund for, then sure why not. They mostly seem concerned with for how long you've played the game and when the purchase was made. As long as those thresholds aren't exceeded I don't really think they care too much about the actual reason.

If you mean appealing a denied refund request, the ticket gets closed, but maybe you can submit a second refund request, which is basically appealing.
But I imagine they'll probably just say the same thing again. And my first request kind of already was an appeal, I knew I'd crossed two weeks, by over a month.
would lower the userbase, even if only by one person. do it.
Done.

Oct 26, 2017
But why are people even complaining about this? Surely it can't be because "my realism" considering the absurdity of what I've seen of the game so far. Plus, can't you play all kinds of music with the lute? Some people are so sad and seeing devs give in like this is really disappointing. Ugh.
because it's gotten to the point with these people where placing any POC or non sexulaised woman in a game is seen as "pandering to SJW's"

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am struggling to understand how anyone could complaint about having such options in a game and interacting with different races and genres. Really, how can this make one upset? Are they saying that this breaks the "immersion" in a medieval game or someting?

Uhh, because the alt-right are filled with white nationalists and trolls who automatically lash out against any type of inclusion of non-white dudes in gaming.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the full details, but if they were racist wouldn't they have not put in POC in the game to begin with? I think they just lack the backbone to stand up to these people.
Why isn't there an option to erase the white people then? Now I wouldn't call them racists, but they're certainly callous.

If you're going to accommodate one groups ridiculous prejudices, then the onus is on you to accommodate everyone, in the way they want.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am struggling to understand how anyone could complaint about having such options in a game and interacting with different races and genres. Really, how can this make one upset? Are they saying that this breaks the "immersion" in a medieval game or someting?

... why the fuck would you want the option to turn off POC or women in your game?

that's what he meant, i think. he says options as being possible to choose who you want to be, not the option to disable.

I see, I misread. Sorry unholyFarmer!

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Why isn't there an option to erase the white people then? Now I wouldn't call them racists, but they're certainly callous.

If you're going to accommodate one groups ridiculous prejudices, then the onus is on you to accommodate everyone, in the way they want.

No disagreement there. They are enablers.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I am reminded of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Funny how both games share similar themes. A lot of history buffs out there.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I can still write a review of it apparently. So let's do that. Check that last Grand Prix box.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yes, off the top of my head you've got Joan of Arc, a large historical Moorish population in Iberia (Spain and Portugal), various caliphates that ruled Spain and the resulting wars (Reconquista), and men from the African Christian kingdoms who went to Rome to join the Crusades. I'm sure an actual historian could give more specific examples.
Damn I'm stupid Joan of Arc and Alexander the Great are the only two medieval warriors I know 😂

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

tf are these fools thinking

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days) - Inflammatory generalizations
The player base issue isn't a mordhau issue. It's a pc gamer issue. The general pc community as a whole is wretched.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Why bother adding female and POC representation to the game if you're going out of your way to alienate and literally erase them anyway? How clueless can you be? This is Boogie-level both sides fencesitting.

Also, someone is going to make a real-life version of this for Google cardboard and make millions selling it to Trump voters, aren't they?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
because it's gotten to the point with these people where placing any POC or non sexulaised woman in a game is seen as "pandering to SJW's"
Like I said, people are just sad. I know that's ultimately what it has come down to but I can't help but ask why because it just keeps happening and I just can't understand how easy hate comes from people. It's a damn shame.

Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in this game irrespective of this, but if they do this I'll never buy any product they put out. Fuck this team forever. This is the kind of shit I support review bombing for. They don't deserve anyones money.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
This further cements why I just can't get into high fantasy and medieval media. PoCs are already lacking in whatever title you pick, but this is further proof that we just aren't welcome in the genre.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so when is all of the gaming publications gonna rightfully blast these devs.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I don't know what kind of game Mordau is, but it'd be great if this turned out to actually be some sort of passive aggressive jab at alt-righters.. i.e. you can disable PoC & women, but it breaks the game because interacting with the PoC & women is required to progress.

Sadly, it probably isn't.

Yeah, good luck with that. They know their audience far too well.

so when is all of the gaming publications gonna rightfully blast these devs.

After the deafening silence following THQ Nordic's 8chan AMA? Again, good luck with that.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This further cements why I just can't get into high fantasy media. PoCs are already lacking in whatever title you pick, but this is further proof that we just aren't welcome in the genre.
This shit ain't high fantasy, chief.

Somebody's white fantasy, maybe.

And the dev team was definitely high when answering the questions.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Imagine being so sensitive that the addition of women and PoC might stop you enjoying a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.