• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Considering this game seems to have had a massive influence on certain internet hits like Undertale and Petscop those fandoms better boost the fuck outta this when it comes stateside. It'd be amazing if we could get more Love-de-lic localized.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Is it digital only in Japan? Is there any chance of a US physical? Been dying to play this in English for about 20 years now... loving all the official translations of classic games that missed the boat the first time around, and I hope this trend continues.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it digital only in Japan? Is there any chance of a US physical? Been dying to play this in English for about 20 years now... loving all the official translations of classic games that missed the boat the first time around, and I hope this trend continues.
All the dev's recent games have all been digital only. They're pretty small and don't take in a ton of cash.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Kimura has straight up said they aren't bankrolled
Onion Games just tends to focus on a limited amount of platforms due to their size, yeah. Black Bird received a PC version while their other Switch games have mobile versions, so another port isn't out of the question, especially due to the game's cult following. But it's not guaranteed and I definitely wouldn't expect it to go full-on PC/PS4/XBOX multiplatform.

I'd definitely be willing to double dip on a PC release down the line, just to keep the game around in years to come.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Most of their polls and research also showed most of their audience was on Nintendo platforms from what I remember.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I... can't imagine it's quite on that level.

From trying to find a few Japanese reaction videos (always a bit of a challenge), it does seem somewhat like it's a case of those who know Moon are going absolutely nuts over it - but it's a small game from over twenty years ago, a whole bunch of people are just not particularly aware of it. Admittedly, though, that's very much a self-selecting survey of "the sort of people likely to produce reaction videos", so factor that in!

I've not found a reaction anything like as intense as the one posted earlier in this thread, but I daresay there's more out there.

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Have no idea what this game is (read the description of gameplay on Wikipedia and a headscratcher), but with the positive reception happy for everyone its being localized.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Incredibly excited to finally play this game. I wonder if it would be possible for Onion to do a re-release of Chulip.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have no idea what this game is (read the description of gameplay on Wikipedia and a headscratcher), but with the positive reception happy for everyone its being localized.

The only thing I know that it was one of the main inspirations for Undertale.

I know absolutely nothing about the game ,only saw screens with japanese text and I can barely wait.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Moon RPG is now available on the Japanese eShop (¥1980, 1.3GB)

The legendary anti-RPG "moon", released 22 years ago on the full moon day, has been supervised and completely transplanted by the original staff! Have you ever wondered when you played an RPG "Why does the hero steal items from people's houses without permission?" "Why does the hero kill all monsters around the world?" A strange event in the RPG world that everyone feels. In this game, you can taste the familiar RPG world from a new perspective.

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The legendary anti-RPG "moon", released 22 years ago on the full moon day, has been supervised and completely transplanted by the original staff! Have you ever wondered when you played an RPG "Why does the hero steal items from people's houses without permission?" "Why does the hero kill all monsters around the world?" A strange event in the RPG world that everyone feels. In this game, you can taste the familiar RPG world from a new perspective.
Kind of funny that this is STILL a fairly new/fresh perspective for RPGs.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
My God. FFX, Moon, DQXI and Zelda BotW on the same system.

I fucking love my Switch. Probably my favourite console ever. Sorry Super Nintendo.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
The release date really snuck up on me! Still deciding if I want to grab the Japanese release or wait for localization.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

4Gamer: So what will you do if the port of moon gets great reviews?

Yoshiro Kimura, moon game designer: "Well, then I'd probably get into the mood to make a sequel! (laughs)"
4Gamer: Even though up until just now, you were saying it wasn't possible. (laughs)

Kimura: "Still, I mean, if it sells like hotcakes, it's not weird for the topic to come up. When I say that "I can't make a sequel to moon" usually, I'm talking about a narrative sequel to moon. If it isn't something directly related, I'm pretty sure I'd have some ideas."
4Gamer: That would be nice.

Kimura: "But on this topic, I've always thought this, but moon 2 already exists. For me, it's Chulip. For Taro-chan [Taro Kudo, game designer, and current Vanpool director], it's Endonesia, while for Nishi-san I wonder if Giftpia is your moon 2. In terms of how time flows in the game, and how the characters inhabit the game world, all the members of Love-de-Lic have already made moon 2. That's why, if moon becomes a hit this time, and everyone gets together to work on something again, that might be moon 3."

Kenichi Nishi, moon director: "Actually, Suzuki-san and Matsuo-san have also said, "Try to get the members of Love-de-Lic together once again." "Because it would be fun to get together once again at this age." However, if you aren't careful, it will turn into a reunion where people reminiscence about how things were better back then. I want to avoid that."

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Love-de-Lic's games are a giant blindspot in my gaming history, which is strange since I've loved or really wanted to play all the games some of their employees made after they disbanded (Chulip, Chibi-Robo, Giftpia, Little King's Story). I can't wait to play this.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Happy 22nd Birthday!! Nothing quite like waiting 2 decades for a game, but between the looks, the ideas, and the music (oh man the music♫) looks to be that perfect balance of artful and weird. I always remmeber just seeing this game weirdly sticking out on the corner of game indeces and wonder what on earth it was, but i definitely didnt know the acclaim it had.

Last edited: