• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So that Kulve Taroth monster.

I've joined sessions, gone to the meeting area, and nobody is there, and even if they are no one is doing that quest. I'll check, and the progress bar on it is 0%.

So what is the point of this thing?

Its one piece of content I'll never be able to do.

What platform? Usually if you are joining a session of 14 or 15 ppl marked Kulve, at least one to two groups are doing it.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

I've joined sessions, gone to the meeting area, and nobody is there, and even if they are no one is doing that quest. I'll check, and the progress bar on it is 0%.

search for ones where there is over 12+ players.

The kulve event is quite strange and the first few you'll be wondering wth to do, but you'll get your groove. Final battle is where most of the fun is.
fCqw3pe.gif

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
You have no idea how happy I am to not have to do anything with the Leshen stuff ever again. Christ Almighty, getting two Mutagens and doing a full clear on the single-player mission was an ordeal.

Also finished all The Witcher 3 related stuff yesterday.

The single player missions is alright. I enjoyed the Leshen fight, as do playing as Geralt and the Witcher 3 style gameplay is cool the first time you did the quest (it's annoying on replay though). Keeping Pukei alive sucks tho, and Ancient Forest being garbage to navigate doesn't help the sidequests.

Ancient Leshen kinda depends on your teammate. Completely suck if you are matched with randumbs, but kinda fun if you are matched with people who know what they are doing.

Honestly I suddenly have the urge to play The Witcher 3 again lol.

At any rate, I can safely say that both are 100% better than Behemoth.

Behemoth is a spam-happy dickhead (oh god, the amount of wipes I've been involved with when he decides to go for Lightning Bolt after Lightning Bolt...), but I think they did a good job of integrating the FFXIV elements into that fight from a visual perspective and it's hard to make an argument against the fight being worth it just for the Drachen set.

But hey, at least you get an Attack deco out of the Witcher stuff, so it's not a completely fruitless endeavor for anyone not into the series.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ehhh. I didn't find it hard finding a session at all, you do need a bit of patience tho.

Look for KT rooms with 14/15 people, join, then try joining a Siege with a free spot, done.
And then do what everyone else does, collect tracks, attack her, use cannons if possible, also bombs.
Using a thunder weapon and bombardier / artillery skills helps too.

I just started playing 3 months ago (2 months ago I did my first KT runs) I never had huge issues finding sessions and I didn't even play it that much, and I have *almost* everything from it.

Usually it takes 2 runs to complete and about 25 minutes.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS: if there's no one playing in the KT session you joined, don't waste your time, look for another session asap (that's where the patience part comes in)

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So do we know yet if there's any plans to do an all in one edition for digital or do we have to go physical for that? Want this game digital and there's no way i'm buying both digitally separately.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
At any rate, I can safely say that both are 100% better than Behemoth.
I only did the Witcher quest once and it was miserable, haven't wanted to bother with it since.

Behemoth is a cool fight so long as the group knows what they're doing. Finally got my Drachen layered armor the other day in a run where no one was KOd, it was fun.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only did the Witcher quest once and it was miserable, haven't wanted to bother with it since.

Behemoth is a cool fight so long as the group knows what they're doing. Finally got my Drachen layered armor the other day in a run where no one was KOd, it was fun.
Already said it but I agree, the Witcher quest is absolutely awful if only for those dumb text / choices, when I finally found the "boss" enemy I had like 10 minutes left and it just wasn't happening in this little amount of time...

The Behemoth fight is a lot of fun with a good group though, it's the Ex Behemoth fight that isn't any fun no matter what...

Ancient Leshen is surprisingly a lot of fun, simply because it's something different for once and you really need to work together as a team, beat it like 12 or more times, never really got boring - it's just quite time consuming

banter

Jan 12, 2018
That Iceborne trailer at gamescom was underwhelming. Velkhana looks amazing and it was cool to see more, but when you are expecting something new it's just.... like ok.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me how to improve this build?
r3ZM1Nq.jpg

I recently started playing with the GS but other than focus I don't know what skills people use with this weapon.

You kinda have it more or less figured out already, but just to give you an idea of what else you could do, this is the guide I used:

Of0G8D7.png

You do lose out on some defense with Damascus Mail, but if you combine that with having Health Regen on WII, it often makes up for it. Elementless gives a significant boost to your overall damage, so definitely look into that.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Well you don't need focus 3 for GS so you can put a Mighty jewel instead so you can have Max might 3

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Completely forgot about elementless smh.
I think I have 100% affinity on this without MM3 though, (I went with one health regen and one affinity boost on the augmentations) so I think elementless makes more sense. Thanks guys.

Edit: I'm not used to the tackle yet so I think I'm gonna stick with kushala's arms for the extra defense at least until I get the hang of it.

Last edited:

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So I just got a Handicraft (2nd one), Mighty Bow (20th one), and Artillery (15th one) from one Lavasioth. Bless.

Still only 1 ironwall though. I have to use a guard charm (but I have like 10 attack decos so that's fine).

EDIT: Complain and ye shall receive. Just got an ironwall. 2nd one ever. Wooooo

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
As someone who sometimes helps lower ranked randoms just for fun, the Hunter Helper feature is a welcome addition.
It looked like it will be tickets so I'm not sure how useful it will end up being but it's better than nothing.
Extra rewards for buffing or healing your teammates would also be welcome even if it were a single reward box.

Nov 7, 2017

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suck cant kill AT Nerg for the life of me :/
Same, except I cheesed him with about 30-40 megabombs, affinity booster and temp mantle.

I actually appreciated the cheese too because it finally forced me to use on the fly crafting and dash juice.

But all in all it wasn't fun and rather tedious.

The one time I beat him regularly was with a lance (and shield) user who didn't cart once and seemingly we did just enough damage together to beat him (it wasn't any faster than my bomb approach lol)

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the majority of balance changes will work without Iceborne. Which makes the wait for the PC release even more painful ._.
Heh, opposite for me, I'll stop playing once the nerfs patch (aka icebourne) hits and probably play MHP3rd instead - or something else, but no more MHW that's for sure, so for me the longer it takes the better because I quite like MHW in its current form and don't need any nerfs or "balance" patches.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Of course all of this drops while I'm asleep. Thanks time zones.

Still no Zinogre tease, but at least there's a new water monster.

Iceborne full balance changes.

There are loads, bows got nerfed hard.
I'm impressed that Lance managed to get out completely unchanged one way or the other.

CB looks like a mixed bag. They're definitely trying to nerf SAED, but we'll see if they other buffs make non-SAED spam worth it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, opposite for me, I'll stop playing once the nerfs patch (aka icebourne) hits and probably play MHP3rd instead - or something else, but no more MHW that's for sure, so for me the longer it takes the better because I quite like MHW in its current form and don't need any nerfs or "balance" patches.

What?
You arent going to play iceborne because of nerfs?

The balance patches look great for the most part and in line with the other changes they are making. Plus arent you a longsword user? Long Sword is in an amazing place in Iceborne

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would really be dope is if the Namielle fight took place exclusively at night/in darkness.

But it's the Coral Highlands so it'll probably be all bright and sunny half the time for no reason.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it'll be in those dark parts that no one ever goes to right now.

There's that dark cavern with waterfalls in it at the top of the map which would make perfect sense for a Namielle fight but currently no monsters are programmed to go in there, presumably because it's too cramped to fight in.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Are you a Longsword or Bow user by chance? :P

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
I wish they'd go back and alter some of the original maps and made certain areas usable. So much of coral highlands is wasted.

As for the bow nerfs they are sorely needed. Being able to do close to 300+ damage a spread shot is stupid when other weapons are doing max of 120 a hit. I saw an AT Teo killed in under 3 minutes due to the insane elemental damage a bow user was putting out.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd go back and alter some of the original maps and made certain areas usable. So much of coral highlands is wasted.

As for the bow nerfs they are sorely needed. Being able to do close to 300+ damage a spread shot is stupid when other weapons are doing max of 120 a hit. I saw an AT Teo killed in under 3 minutes due to the insane elemental damage a bow user was putting out.

Yeah and lets not forget that element was massively increased overall which is why they touched up Duals as well

Bow should still be very much in line with where it needs to be with the right skill investment

That said I am puzzled about the dragon piercer nerfs. Outside of Kulve Partbreaking the skill is considered useless by most meta analysis for the time and animation investment versus the damage and they went and nerfed it hard

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I've been partial to them moving away from the standard dragon body-type in recent games, so coming back to that isn't particularly inspiring, even if it does have some cool design ideas from a visual perspective.

Well on a positive note he seems to use the Chameleos skeleton

But yeah outside of that I am not expecting to see the snakes, bugs, crabs and monkeys unless they really double down on DLC introductions to pad out 5th gen

Since this game essentially ends 5th gen before we head to next gen consoles and 6th gen (assuming we dont get a 5th gen bridge title on switch)

Not sure what else to say but they were up front about the introduction of new skeletons being slower which is why we only have 2 "new" ones in Iceborne so far