• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
www.fanbyte.com

Monster Hunter Rise is Coming to PC in 2022

The upcoming Switch Monster Hunter will only be exclusive for one year, Capcom confirms. PC players should get the game in 2022.

As part of our ongoing coverage of the newest game in the series, we spoke with Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and Director Yasunori Ichinose, who confirmed that the game is coming to PC next year. They cautioned that it is very much still in development, but does appear to be on its way.

A bit later than I hoped, but at least we know it's in the works/plans haven't changed.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yay, but another 9-12 month delay for PC is super annoying.

Yes, I know that the Capcom ransomware leaks said Nintendo paid for exclusivity.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats later than i expected. Thought this would be a fall release.
Then again its weird to announce its a couple of days before the NSW release...guess because of the leaks the just went ahead with it.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Article written by Imran Khan
monsterhunterrisesisters.jpg

A few months ago, Capcom was hit by a ransomware attack that threatened to leak numerous internal documents if the Japanese game developer did not pay up. Capcom refused and these documents then flooded the internet, giving away future Capcom release strategies in a way their schedule did not intend. One of those strategies, porting the upcoming Switch-exclusive Monster Hunter Rise to PC, gave hope to PC fans who were eager to play the game but wanted it on their platform of choice. The documents, however, were somewhat old and possibly out of date, allowing for the chance that plans had changed since then.

This, Capcom confirmed, is not the case. Monster Hunter Rise will hit PC in 2022.

As part of our ongoing coverage of the newest game in the series, we spoke with Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and Director Yasunori Ichinose, who confirmed that the game is coming to PC next year. They cautioned that it is very much still in development, but does appear to be on its way.

Monster Hunter World released later on PC than it did consoles, causing issues with a PC audience that was frequently months and months behind on updates. It took a significant amount of time for that version to catch up, so hopefully Monster Hunter Rise can quickly get up to speed with its Switch brethren in terms of content.

Monster Hunter Rise releases on the Nintendo Switch on Mar. 26.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess COVID pushed back the PC port. Either way, good to have confirmation. Hopefully there's cross-play & cross-progression.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ok there it is, skipping the switch release then, happy to get confirmation

Very excited to get this next year

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Maybe by the time it releases a switch revision will allow a 60fps portable version.
Would be neat if cross play and cross progression too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, by the time the PC version arrives, Capcom will probably be talking World 2.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
They pulled a Kojima (he announced the PC port of Death Stranding right before the PS4 release). It's good for consumers to know beforehand, though.

The port is far off enough that I'm still keeping my Switch preorder.
Same, I haven't preordered yet, but I'm getting it on Switch on release.

For Death Stranding, the PC version was actually announced during the Sony and Kojima collaboration, far before we saw any actual teaser for Death Stranding, so it wasn't too surprising for that. They just kept quiet on it until after the PS4 version launched.

Comandr

Feb 14, 2018
Well... Glad to have confirmation but was really hoping it would be around September or December and then full steam ahead for MH6 in early 2022. But now I wonder if that won't be until 2023. Long wait between World and 6 :|

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to have official confirmation. What a random drive by drop though. Gonna definitely play on Switch emu then and port over my progress in 2022, because I'm sure they won't offer that officially.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
You mean that we're gonna a FULL year of people complaining about 30 FPS / Not a real gamepad for gamers / Looks like a ps2 game lol ?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting they are announcing it now already when the leaked documents had Nintendo paying to delay the PC announcement until 6 months after Rise's Switch launch. I wonder what caused the change in plans. (Maybe Nintendo considered the leak a breach of contract?)

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so it's pushed to a year deal. Well thats good for people that wanted that version. Myself I cant wait a year to play MH.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait a year then. I need some time off MH after Iceborne anyways so it works for me.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i think they've moved on from ultimate versions, it'll most likely get an expansion available as dlc and a "complete" game+dlc release at the same time.
That makes sense. World and Iceborne paved the way, since it was for a home console, where the constant updating etc would work.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i learned my lesson with the ps4 and pc version of world. if i can avoid 30fps, i will. im waiting. thanks for actually announcing it in a timely manner so i get duped into double dipping.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Interesting they are announcing it now already when the leaked documents had Nintendo paying to delay the PC announcement until 6 months after Rise's Switch launch. I wonder what caused the change in plans. (Maybe Nintendo considered the leak a breach of contract?)

I would wager the leak hurt Capcom's partner and to make up for it, gave Nintendo an extra 6 months exclusivity and polish up the PC version too.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Bleh, what a long wait. There's no doubt that the PC version is going to be a considerably better overall experience so I'll wait, but it sucks.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Oof, that's longer than expected, considering the leak. But I'll take it.

Kinda weird that they announced this before the Switch version is out though. I can see people complaining about this.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Nice ! I hope it has cross-save with Switch to carry all things to PC since I will buy day one on switch !

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Cool of them to at least confirm this before release, a friend of mine will be happy to hear about this later today.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
This is the right way. It shouldn't affect Switch sales much. People who are gonna wait for PC probably weren't going to buy it day one or full price.
Yeah, that's what I think too. It's also a year away. If anything it should get more sales for Capcom, because now one of my friends will get it, since he didn't want to buy a Switch.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Awww how cute, they think we don't know about their deal with Nintendo for 1 year exclusivity. Respect to Sony for being more open about buying timed exclusives.