• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gore Chan is my favorite Monster. I really hope we see him back. I enjoyed the virus mechanic a lot and how it was implementet as a game mechanic and into the story. His design and move set is just beautiful. <3

ec58e1c446a24d8fbf2fd314672f5f92--monster-hunter-videogame.jpg

But Apex Monster can suck my ass. Wystones were not fun at all.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Apparently it's not coming out anywhere on the 7th, only for streamers. Really disappointed with Capcom for not being more transparent.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
MIDNIGHT PACIFIC, 3AM EASTERN, 9AM CENTRAL EUROPE. Don't expect it to play the demo any earlier.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it's not coming out anywhere on the 7th, only for streamers. Really disappointed with Capcom for not being more transparent.

Absolutely this. Announcement says 7th, pinned tweet says 8th with the video on it saying 7th, website says 8th for everyone with Details button taking you to a page saying "Available Now" and then also 7th for US and 8th for everyone else...

And it turns out the demo isn't out anywhere on the 7th. This is 100% Capcpom stuff.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The ironsilk for mounting reminds me of what I said in an earlier MHR thread, that I love it when a new mechanic runs deep through a game for traversal, attack, defence and loads more (I think I cited the painting in Link Between Worlds as an example). It just feels rooted in the game world rather than bolted on, just like the way endemic life is a step towards making the hunters feel a little more like naturalists in their own right, and a little less like superheroes dropped into a rural village.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Capcom always making things so confusing. I've never seen so many words of caution and warning for a **demo** before. It looks like it's 3AM *tomorrow* for EST.

www.monsterhunter.com

MONSTER HUNTER RISE | CAPCOM

MONSTER HUNTER RISE arrives on Nintendo Switch, breathing new life into the genre!

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Shit, I'm sad. I'm probably gonna miss this demo since my Switch has been broken for the past 2 months :(. Hope to get it fixed soon...

Hammer 4 life but the Hunting Horn improvements in this is looking mighty tempting. Sad at the Insect Glaive Silk moves though.....

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Judging by how many sites put up a preview/demo impressions piece a half hour ago there seems to have been an embargo of some kind.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this got delayed after the did their recorded event video.
Unless I'm mistaken, the leaked roadmap had the demo scheduled for the 8th, so I feel they just screwed up in the video. It is after all not releasing for the public anywhere on the 7th, right? (Based on the 9am CET time we got from capcom France)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Palamute makes movement in the game look so much faster. Also glad that I'll be able to play a MonHun game again that doesn't have so much visual clutter.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
4 players, 4 mounts, a monster and bunch of effects and the fps seems stable AF :o

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I want this mofo to return

FrightenedHarmoniousAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

Depending on if you've read the leak, you may or may not be happy. Trying to be vague here!

I'll add to the chorus of wondering why this demo release isn't easier overall. Obviously the timing messaging, but I am SUPER confused as to the 30 hunts only restriction. I can't even imagine what Capacom seeks to gain from that... what is the reasoning?

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
but I am SUPER confused as to the 30 hunts only restriction. I can't even imagine what Capacom seeks to gain from that... what is the reasoning?

Perhaps trying to avoid people unwittingly burning out on the gameplay before the actual release? Sounds like a highly addictive franchise

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll add to the chorus of wondering why this demo release isn't easier overall. Obviously the timing messaging, but I am SUPER confused as to the 30 hunts only restriction. I can't even imagine what Capacom seeks to gain from that... what is the reasoning?

*The demo is available with the following limitations:
[Single Player and Local Multiplayer] Until the remaining number of quests hits 0.
[Online Multiplayer] Until the MONSTER HUNTER RISE DEMO can no longer be downloaded.

You can still play online multiplayer. Only single player and local multiplayer will be limited. This way Capcom ensures that the demo will be unplayable after the February 1st. Without the limit people could keep playing as long as they don't delete the demo. This is atleast my guess to understand Capcom.

And there will be a second demo close to launch. So it's not that bad.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched the Hunting Horn since Monster Hunter Freedom 2 on the PSP and it looks like I'm finally going to pick up the weapon again in Rise because that complete Weapon revamp looks so good!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed that the framerate seems to hold up with 4 players + palamute/palicos + 2 monsters and craziness going on

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Game looks extremely clean and smooth! I just need to see handheld mode!!!