• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
nah because split playerbase!!.... or something and paying less money. even though with the new model you get less playable content (maps,modes) than with the previous model in the same amount of time, but waaaay more cosmetics. and now you just buy the battlepass that requires a lot of time investment in 1 game and ~20$ skins (that would have been better if you could unlock with an in-game feat.). so you'll probably end up paying more in the long run.
Yeah because flaming submachine guns and goofy outfits is much better than having a few new maps every 4 months. Oh you gotta play atleast 5 hours a day for a month to get those flaming submachine guns though. Or spend another 20 to skip a few tiers.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Base weapons"...

So there'll be "advanced" or something similar weapons that cost money.

There will be cosmetic variants with different iron sights and styling.

Like in WW2 this was the PPSH
400px-CallofDutyWW2PPSH41.jpg

This was the highly sought PPSH Duck Soup Variant that had better iron sights and different look but stats wise it was the exact same. Each gun had many different variants.

LVBrK9QFZ87Si8HKxHfThAbT11NPzHJANXSz2y2gkYw.jpg

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You hate.... Earning stuff just by playing the game? What?

How do you think post-launch content gets funded?

Also, do you not understand the difference between a gambling mechanic and something like a battle pass where the rewards are predetermined?

$60 has been the MSRP for a long time despite video game development prices rising, inflation, etc...

Post-launch content costs money to develop.

Firstly, I would rather pay $100 upfront and not get this garbage system. Is that going to cover the cost of 1 year support? If not, they know their printing money with battlepasses that far exceeds that of their usual season passes and lootboxes.
And
No, it's not "earning stuff" thats the problem, it is being OBLIGATED to doing it within a certain time frame or losing the ability to earn what you paid for that's the problem when you don't run the hamster wheel at THEIR whim.

I would rather pay for a season pass upfront, earn guns etc the way we always did in games like Battlefield 3, 4, for example.

Please, don't believe their corporate garbage rhetoric of "how do you think post launch content gets made?" , its all of us handing them a blank check for them even change the economy further (ya know, "evolve" that really means how they dangle the carrot in front of you getting you to reach your wallet.) to make it even worse down the line thats a problem.

I would rather know up front how much I need to pay to get my time and money's worth from a game.

Lootboxes are also NOT as bad as a timed Battlepass system IF you can earn boxes FAIRLY, and I think COD WW2 and COD Remaster had a relatively fair system.

But now.. it's pay to win in a different way, hence their differentiation of the words BASE guns, PREMIUM guns.. and of course if you running their hamster wheel every day to earn the potential PREMIUM guns, you'd get killed by those that paid to shorten their time to earn those paid for Battlepass guns. (Afterall, if you dont earn them on time, you lose those guns you paid for for forever)

Last edited:

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's not going to be like Gears 5, the loot boxes were a better design than what Gears 5 does.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Battlefield 5 is anything to go by we won't see the same amount of maps post launch as if they were paid.
Plus the game will split "free" content over regular MP, Ground War and the Spec Ops stuff. I am kinda expecting loads of remakes and Ground War will probably have 2 or 3 maps if lucky. Plus, by this time next year they will be talking new CoD BR stuff.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda expecting loads of remakes and Ground War will probably have 2 or 3 maps if lucky. Plus, by this time next year they will be talking new CoD BR stuff.
Someone found a list of maps in the PC code. Who knows if these are actually going to all be in but here they are

Regular Maps
  • Aniyah Palace
  • Aniyah Tac
  • Azhir Cave (Night)
  • Azhir Cave
  • Crash
  • Dam
  • Deadzone
  • Grounded
  • Scorch
  • Varskaya District
  • Euphrates Bridge
  • Faridah
  • Smetna Farms
  • Frontier
  • Gulag
  • Hackney Yard
  • Hackney Yard (Night)
  • Lumber
  • Malyshev
  • Precinct
  • Milbase 1
  • Milbase 2
  • Neon
  • Petrograd
  • Piccadilly
  • Port 2
  • Noir
  • Prison
  • Frost
  • Crusher
  • Gun Runner
  • Gun Runner (Night)
  • Rivne
  • Rust
  • Shipment
  • Shipment (Night)
  • Terminal
  • Slums
  • Spear
  • Spear (Night)
  • Speed
  • Stadium
  • Sub Base
  • Transit
  • Takedown
  • Torez
  • Karst River Quarry

Oct 25, 2017
If Battlefield 5 is anything to go by we won't see the same amount of maps post launch as if they were paid.
That game isn't anything to go by because it was a halfassed game at launch for full price with stuff that should have been there day one being dripped in over a year at least.

Modern Warfare is looking to have the most content since MW2 at the very least.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Someone found a list of maps in the PC code. Who knows if these are actually going to all be in but here they are

Regular Maps
  • Aniyah Palace
  • Aniyah Tac
  • Azhir Cave (Night)
  • Azhir Cave
  • Crash
  • Dam
  • Deadzone
  • Grounded
  • Scorch
  • Varskaya District
  • Euphrates Bridge
  • Faridah
  • Smetna Farms
  • Frontier
  • Gulag
  • Hackney Yard
  • Hackney Yard (Night)
  • Lumber
  • Malyshev
  • Precinct
  • Milbase 1
  • Milbase 2
  • Neon
  • Petrograd
  • Piccadilly
  • Port 2
  • Noir
  • Prison
  • Frost
  • Crusher
  • Gun Runner
  • Gun Runner (Night)
  • Rivne
  • Rust
  • Shipment
  • Shipment (Night)
  • Terminal
  • Slums
  • Spear
  • Spear (Night)
  • Speed
  • Stadium
  • Sub Base
  • Transit
  • Takedown
  • Torez
  • Karst River Quarry
That would be a solid list, minus the night versions. I wonder if this list also covers campaign maps as well? The previous games always had a fairly solid amount of maps, even if they padded it a bit with remakes etc. Still, interested to see if Ground War gets love or if it's gets ignored.

Oct 27, 2017
That game isn't anything to go by because it was a halfassed game at launch for full price with stuff that should have been there day one being dripped in over a year at least.

But it's still the only example to go by. And I can totally see Activision half-assing the post launch like EA did.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be a solid list, minus the night versions. I wonder if this list also covers campaign maps as well? The previous games always had a fairly solid amount of maps, even if they padded it a bit with remakes etc. Still, interested to see if Ground War gets love or if it's gets ignored.

Not sure. I hope we see some MW2 remakes. That game had the best maps.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah. And in a year and a half someone is rEAlly going to mess them up some how and they'll be equally controversial.

They're already annoying, they're ever-present and become a greater and greater psychological pull on the player until they succumb and buy it for more than they would have paid for a few lootboxes, and then companies get to roll out a brand new one a year later.

The worst part is that they're time limited, so you also get that FOMO that only limited time lootboxes had, making people feel as if they are losing out on the value of the battle pass if they don't dedicate SIGNIFICANT time to it.

It's more abstract than lootboxes and might be less predatory, but when every game has one of these fucking things people will realize they're still being exploited.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
They're already annoying, they're ever-present and become a greater and greater psychological pull on the player until they succumb and buy it for more than they would have paid for a few lootboxes, and then companies get to roll out a brand new one a year later.

The worst part is that they're time limited, so you also get that FOMO that only limited time lootboxes had, making people feel as if they are losing out on the value of the battle pass if they don't dedicate SIGNIFICANT time to it.

It's more abstract than lootboxes and might be less predatory, but when every game has one of these fucking things people will realize they're still being exploited.

I'd rather get exploited by Battle Passes than Loot Boxes.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The battle pass system is really just an extension of the games that unlock items as you play but a bit more visible. Skins, emotes etc that would normally be in a box, are now in the season pass for people to unlock as they play. Kinda like a big loot box that you know what is in it before you open it. Loot advent calender.

I am guessing there is also plans for a paid battle pass for even more unlocks!

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
The FOMO is strong with this one. Well at least it is the lesser evil...Not going to buy day 1. Imma wait till friends say it is definitely worthy a purchase.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019

lol no, just look at any popular shooter that took the free post launch dlc model. you get maybe 1 or 2 maps every couple of months, but more cosmetics to purchase. and if that game is a 'hero' type shooter then you get 1 new hero every 3 months (maybe more).

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I feel like a jerk but I'm still suspicious of the language. Why do the keep saying base weapons instead of all weapons? Like some advanced weapons that will only available in the paid battlepass tier will exist or something like that.

Edit: Looking up on the page yeah that seems about right.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with the MW MTX atm is they are selling the special operator skins but we have no clue what those operators even look like without them a week before the game releases.
and this is literally the only in-game image we have of the 3
43f0zavshct31.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017