• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What say you?

• Cereal first, duh

Votes: 1,173 95.6%
  • Milk first

Votes: 53 4.3%
  • Layer method

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember who it was. But there was a poster somewhere who had the right idea. You put the milk in, keep the cereal box by your side, then put a small bunch of cereals over time as you eat them. The cereals are always crunchy and don't need to commit to a specific quantity of cereals from the get go. You can just stop pouring in more cereals when you're done.

Oct 27, 2017
I put the milk on the floor first.

Then I pour the cereal on the floor, into the pool of milk.

Then I strip down and writhe in the cereal and milk, creating a slurry that enters my pores and allows me to understand the runic speech that the cereal communicates in.

The Chex told me the future.
aFpsGJGSJR4KPQfJei9Y603DmoffFletdJwAm3JNQWc.png

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember who it was. But there was a poster somewhere who had the right idea. You put the milk in, keep the cereal box by your side, then put a small bunch of cereals over time as you eat them. The cereals are always crunchy and don't need to commit to a specific quantity of cereals from the get go. You can just stop pouring in more cereals when you're done.

It wasn't me but this is my method. Eff soggy cereal. Come at me bros!

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Putting milk first allows you to portion control easier AND less risk of spilling milk as milk easily splashes when poured onto cereal. Also cereal stays the perfect mix of crunchy and soggy longer.

But honestly I do both methods depending on my mood.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If you do milk first you can potentially get more cereal out of one bowl without adding more milk.. Most people eat all the cereal first before the milk is gone.

If you pour the milk first thats more bowl real estate it takes up leaving more milk in the bowl after the cereal is all ate. Which provides a path for more cereal to be added at the end. Which provides more crunch as well.

milk is one-and-done. I can't add more cereal to old milk, gets too sweet and has lost its temperature edge by then too. Has to be ice cold or boiling hot and nothing between

sith23

Oct 27, 2017
In summer cereal first then pour cold milk on it. Reverse order for winter as I microwave the milk and I don' twant soggy cereal from the get go. Refill acceptable unless milk gets cold.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Do whatever you prefer.
There's no right or wrong way, as much as people would like to tell you and joke about it.

I personally prefer warm milk with my cereal as I don't like the taste of cold milk. So I warm it up lightly and then put cereal on top. That way cereals don't instantly turn soggy and I get to have it with warm milk.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on the radio show I used to listen to on the way to work said she puts ice cubes in her cereal.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
How are people putting milk in first without making their kitchen into a Jackson Pollock painting? Do I just eat heavy cereal?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Do whatever you prefer.
There's no right or wrong way, as much as people would like to tell you and joke about it.

I personally prefer warm milk with my cereal as I don't like the taste of cold milk. So I warm it up lightly and then put cereal on top. That way cereals don't instantly turn soggy and I get to have it with warm milk.

Milk first people are heathens. As for the warm milk...

giphy.gif

I believed for so long that I was all alone.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
The cereal is first priority, so that goes first. You can always compensate by adjusting the milk, rather than the other way around.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Do you like soggy cereal? I don't. So I do milk first, add some cereal, eat it, then add some more. Unless you inhale your cereal in 1 minute this is the way to go

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Milk first, cereal in waves.
Repeat cereal till the milk is almost gone.
Drink the flavored milk at the end.

If you do this, that means you like your cereal crunchy. If you don't, means you like it soggy. Simple as that lol.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
What kind of deranged animal of a person poor the milk in first? Don't assault me with such a thought.

Reel Big Fish

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
My wife puts milk first and then adds two or three spoonfuls of cereal at a time so it doesn't get soggy. Me, I'm normal.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Milk first, I add cereal as I go.

Milk first, cereal in waves.
Repeat cereal till the milk is almost gone.
Drink the flavored milk at the end.

If you do this, that means you like your cereal crunchy. If you don't, means you like it soggy. Simple as that lol.

This person gets it.

Feb 9, 2018
Dry cereal. Drink the milk (preferably chocolate) out of a glass.

I like my cereal crunchy, not soggy, nor do I like how milk and cereal taste when eating them together in a single bite.