• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I avoided impulse buying this because I'm not head over heels for the movie. Luckily 4K was sold out because I was tempted. 50 bucks is a lot.

Side note:
I'm somewhat surprised more studios don't get in on exclusive editions. Clearly there is a market for it. A24 is particularly good at their brand of marketing but I feel as though big name directors like Nolan/Tarantino/PTA should have limited special rereleases for their films as well.

Just seems obvious.

I avoided impulse buying this because I'm not head over heels for the movie. Luckily 4K was sold out because I was tempted. 50 bucks is a lot.

Side note:
I'm somewhat surprised more studios don't get in on exclusive editions. Clearly there is a market for it. A24 is particularly good at their brand of marketing but I feel as though big name directors like Nolan/Tarantino/PTA should have limited special rereleases for their films as well.

Just seems obvious.
Big studios aren't super into premium editions of their films since they have so much more overhead than a boutique label does. They're honestly better off with licensing them out to a Criterion or a Shout Factory or an Arrow Video.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Big studios aren't super into premium editions of their films since they have so much more overhead than a boutique label does. They're honestly better off with licensing them out to a Criterion or a Shout Factory or an Arrow Video.
Ah so the would be profits are not really worth it? Wish they would, I would double dip.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that if you have the capability to play UK Blu-Rays, we got the Director's Cut as our standard home release. If all you're after is the extra footage without the fancy bits, then importing may be a cheaper option.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Did anyone else here get one? Just curious if you got a charge and or digital receipt, because I didn't. It said the order was complete on page, though.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah they definitely sent a confirmation email to me

EDIT looked like this, was instant.

mIztgRo.jpg

Manthurr

Oct 29, 2017
KY
Fuck, I really want this but cant part with 50 bucks atm. I'm happy that I got Krisha when that first came out, as well as their poster in their recent restock; so I'll hold out hope that they will make more, even if it is several years in the future.

Ah so the would be profits are not really worth it? Wish they would, I would double dip.
Universal is a really good example of this practice, since they've always licensed to other companies. They really only bother with standard releases for their films, aside from Scarface for some really strange reason, but they've got a partnership with Arrow where they're doing big SEs for their films, as we're soon to see with Flash Gordon and Pitch Black in the near future for 4K.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Well crap. I pre-ordered hastily not realizing the 4K edition was already sold out. I hope they'll let me transfer the order to the 4K edition or refund it.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Average horror film with an unforgettable and haunting opening 5ish minutes. It blows my mind how average the film becomes after the opening moments. and I'd rather not depress myself by watching that sequence over and over again.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Horror fandom is pretty rabid on these limited collectors sets, it's been big with lot of the boutique sellers now, even crap films end up selling out pretty quick when they would normally take forever to sell. Print a limited amount make it a collectors set of art and features, and boom instant sell outs

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
eeehhhh, it felt long enough as it was. No way could i sit through and even longer version. One watching of this movie was enough, there were parts that were just so dragged out and boring. The last 30 minutes of the movie are what made it so good.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading about some of the stuff that got cut and thinking it wouldn't add that much, but I guess I'd need to see it in the context of the movie.

Do one for the Witch you cowards.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Horror fandom is pretty rabid on these limited collectors sets, it's been big with lot of the boutique sellers now, even crap films end up selling out pretty quick when they would normally take forever to sell. Print a limited amount make it a collectors set of art and features, and boom instant sell outs
We don't know how limited it is though. I don't believe they gave us a print run number.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Of course, sold out. But ebay is fully of 150$+ auctions. Fuck this shit and fuck anyone who bought multiple to sell for profit.

Dreyarn

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great, but I doubt I'll be able to watch this on my PAL PS4 because of the region lock thing, right?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
all i can think about regarding this movie is how that old man jumped off the cliff feet first...

Deleted member 61469

Banned
Nov 17, 2019
removed link to avoid advertising

This cunt has 3 copies up for 130 bucks each. Why a24 drops this in such an unspectacular way in the middle of the night is beyond me. Not to mention there were no safeguards against scalpers. Just limit it to 1 per customer. Ah well.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no!!! I got no email about this and missed this thread. Now it's sold out. I bought 3 international versions of this movie in an attempt to get the DC on disc; they were all region-locked. There was no info online at the time and I was trying to do a solid for the community. Argh. I'm so sad now.

Deleted member 61469

Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Oh no!!! I got no email about this and missed this thread. Now it's sold out. I bought 3 international versions of this movie in an attempt to get the DC on disc; they were all region-locked. There was no info online at the time and I was trying to do a solid for the community. Argh. I'm so sad now.

They updated the text on the site

4K is currently sold out but will be restocked. Please enter your email in the field below to receive a notification.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They updated the text on the site

4K is currently sold out but will be restocked. Please enter your email in the field below to receive a notification.
Hooray! I picked up the DC bluray, which I believe is my 5th or 6th version of the movie... and will gladly get the UHD when it shows back up.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
had issues with this film, even with the directors cut, but damn it is absolutely stunning in 4K digital. I'd love to have the disc in my collection

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20200701-155004_Chrome.jpg

Damn they made Pugh ugly lol

Beautiful art in general but I don't have a 4K TV/player yet and don't wanna drop 45 bucks on a blu-ray. Hopefully they release a digital version.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Screenshot_20200701-155004_Chrome.jpg

Damn they made Pugh ugly lol

Beautiful art in general but I don't have a 4K TV/player yet and don't wanna drop 45 bucks on a blu-ray. Hopefully they release a digital version.

That's one of the murals in the film, I believe.

Someone please text me the instant another printing goes live. I'm this close to giving out my personal phone number just to make sure I don't miss this one again. Sigh. (I put my email into the 'notify me' field, of course, but who knows if that'll be too slow/late?) I'd sure rather buy this version than pirate it, especially if they're not doing a digital release of this 4K director's cut.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Average horror film with an unforgettable and haunting opening 5ish minutes. It blows my mind how average the film becomes after the opening moments. and I'd rather not depress myself by watching that sequence over and over again.
I kind of agree although don't think the rest of the film is average, just that it falls into some really dumb horror tropes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely adored the directors cut and all it's weirdness. I was never a fan of these artsy styled films but this was finally the one that clicked for me. A slow burner with startling moments and an ending that left me feeling...well...drab lol.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
45 bucks and they can't give you 4k and Standard Blurays in one box?

They still have my money, dammit.

edit: or will*